***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 138 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter what Notre Dame's record is. If they were BCS eligible, they'd get the Fiesta Bowl this year. Jacksonville is one desperate city. They'd love to bring that kind of attention there. That economy is in shambles.

So for those of you who scratch your head week in and week out as to why Damien Berry gets limited playing time and Dancin' Graig Cooper gets most of the burn...this is what I was told yesterday shortly after the game.

First off, I don't think it's any big secret that Randy Shannon has his favorites and holds grudges. But Damien Berry himself said, "People are building up this Heisman talk **** for next season already. I work hard. I don't get out of line. I do what is asked of me. I play special teams and do everything right and I still can't get more playing time. What the ****." Apparently back when Randy Shannon was at Miami as a player in the late 1980's, he had a teammate by the name of Kenny Berry who is Damien's father. Randy was seeing a girl at the time and she eventually left him for guess who...Kenny Berry. Those I spoke with yesterday after them game tell me that Randy still has some animosity towards Kenny and that he's using Damien to get back at Kenny.

Now, if this is true and I don't doubt that it is because I trust the people I know, that's a huge character flaw on Randy Shannon. The program he has spent his entire life a part of and loves so much is hurting to a degree because of Shannon's jealously. It's not fair to hold what happened 20 years ago against a great kid today. It just really rubs me the wrong way.

In other news, Leonard Hankerson says that of right now he is 100% coming back next season.

That's a pretty ****ed up story.

The Gator Bowl can't take Notre Dame. The Gator Bowl has to take a Big East team OR Notre Dame but there's a catch. Notre Dame has to be withing three wins of the Big East teams. So the Big East champion will go to the Orange Bowl and then the Gator Bowl gets the second pick there. So you're looking at Cincinatti or Pittsburgh as that Big East representative with either of those two having 10 or 11 wins.

Hmm...I didn't know that.

What about if Pittsburgh beats Cincy, and both go to the BCS? Would we be looking at a Big 12 team?

Gator Bowl only has ties to Big East, ACC, or Notre Dame. It's highly unlikely that Cincinatti AND Pittsburgh both make it to a BCS game but if it did, West Virginia would more than likely be the Big East representative. My guess is that Notre Dame goes to the Meineke Car Care Bowl. We're looking at either the Peach Bowl, Gator Bowl, or Music City Bowl. The Peach Bowl is a stretch.

Alright - I just looked it up, and according to this article in the Florida Times Union (J-ville), the Gator Bowl had a 4 year deal (which ends this year), where they had ties to the Big East/Big 12/Notre Dame. Only two of those years could be used on Big 12 teams, and those were both used already. Notre Dame could be invited at 6-6 (I didn't see that 3-win caveat you were talking about JCane), but apparently the Gator Bowl Association probably would not invite them at 6-6, although they do realize the enormous potential of a ND-Miami matchup, saying it would get "BCS ratings".

Hurricanes beat South Carolina today to win the Charleston Classic.

A 5-0 start so far for the hoops team this year. Not too bad.

I'm expecting the basketball Canes to be a lot better than last year. Our loss was McClinton, who could hit a shot anywhere on the court. Our gains are Malcolm Grant, Durand Scott, and (essentially) DeQuan Jones. Couple that with some solid leadership in Dews and Collins, and this team should be ready to go. This could be the most talented team in the school's history. I think it's more than fair to expect Haith to lead this team to the NCAA tourney, at least.

Don't forget Reginald Johnson, who will give this team more and more as the season goes along. He's a beast down low, but can only play limited minutes due to conditioning.

It's highly unlikely that Jason Fox will play on Saturday. The Miami Herald says it's an undisclosed illness but Jason has a heart mumur that doctors are still keeping an eye on.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/colleges/um/story/1353048.html

We are killing USF now...this team is bipolar

Nice win today...made my day. I just cant believe the season is done with. Predictions for next year guys? JCane, what do you think/or know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez, I hope we play ND in a bowl we would own them.:hump::woot::hi5:

The Gator Bowl really has nothing to lose. They're matching up with the Big 10/SEC from now on. It's their last chance to get Notre Dame. The only way they're selling out that stadium on Jan. 1 is Miami/ND. There's no one to please or impress. The money is there for them to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom