***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 141 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just lost Louis Nix...for now.

We should thank him for freeing up a scholarship. His reputation as a guy with a lot of talent but little work ethic would've translated into him being a bench player under Randy Shannon. But you always hate to lose a big DT with that much potential.

Have you heard anything on him? Did the coaches stop contacting him, or did he just decide on Notre Dame for other reasons?

We should thank him for freeing up a scholarship. His reputation as a guy with a lot of talent but little work ethic would've translated into him being a bench player under Randy Shannon. But you always hate to lose a big DT with that much potential.

Have you heard anything on him? Did the coaches stop contacting him, or did he just decide on Notre Dame for other reasons?

I usually speak with his defensive line coach at home games but haven't spoke with him since the Virginia game I believe. I got in late for the Duke game and missed him completely. I know that we haven't contacted him in a few weeks but his coach told me that we didn't have anything to worry about that Louis is a solid verbal because of his high school friend. Now I'm wondering what the deal is. As soon as I get in touch with Louis' coach I'll find out more.

Did nix de commit to ND?

Indeed he did. Word from his coach is that the kid felt like he would get on the field faster at Notre Dame. And as stated earlier, we stopped contacting him despite his committment to us. We stopped because he was still taking trips to Notre Dame on his own dime. Shannon didn't like that. His coach is pissed though lol. He won't let Nix know it but he doesn't like his decision one bit.

Coach Hurtt was at the home of Kevin Nelson last night and Nelson was VERY impressed from what I was told. And this is impressive because Nelson's family was leary of the visit because they're all HUGE Gator fans and want him at Florida. But even his family was happy with the visit and have opened up.

Gentlemen, I think we've found a replacement for Jack McClinton, and his name is Durand Scott.

Holy hell he's good.

So I'm really liking what I'm seeing out of the basketball team this year. Alot of people picked us to finish dead last in the conference, but I think we're going to surprise alot of people this year.

These guys are fun/exciting to watch.

Who predicted us to finish last? This team is much more balanced and talented than last year. And we have a point guard that can actually bring the ball up the court.

It's all pointless to talk about right now, because the game changes completely once ACC play starts. That's when we'll find out what this team is about. But I'm excited too. I think this team has a lot of potential. Although I'm not sure why DeQuan isn't scoring more. That guy can be the most electrifying player on the court when his game is on.

I was wondering if there was a reason that Arthur Brown is not playing much? I hope he doesn't transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom