***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 170 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shantard's Contract Status:

A UM official said the school is finally close on a contract extension for coach Randy Shannon, barring any late surprises, and noted the process has been difficult because of the demands of Shannon's agent, Neil Cornrich. A UM person said Cornrich inexplicably cited UM's lack of an on-campus stadium as a reason to pay Shannon more.

UM, eager to get the deal done before the May recruiting period, has offered about $1.4 million per year in base salary (below the $1.75 million median for Atlantic Coast Conference coaches) but bridged the gap by offering more attainable incentives. Shannon has one year left on his deal; the new deal likely would run through 2013 or '14.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/25/1596767_p2/miamis-picks-in-draft-get-some.html#ixzz0mCJBlNZd

The part in Bold makes me :lol:

So apparently Miami could be part of a bigger SEC if they decide to expand. Would definitely be better conference games than the Dook's and UVa's of the world, though I'm not sure I'd like our chances with Shannon as coach.

Still, I'd be a fan of moving into there.

So apparently Miami could be part of a bigger SEC if they decide to expand. Would definitely be better conference games than the Dook's and UVa's of the world, though I'm not sure I'd like our chances with Shannon as coach.

Still, I'd be a fan of moving into there.

That would be crazy...but I'd like to see that

Im back after losing my password and the forgotten password not working.

I would really like to see us play 'Bama in 2012. Great chance to show that we're better than the SEC. It would be the year after losing Jacory, and that great class, but we could regroup in time

Per the Herald, Miami is playing Memphis on ESPN at midnight on November 15th in basketball.

Going to be a tough game.

We're also playing a home and home with them in football in '14 and '15

I would really like to see us play 'Bama in 2012. Great chance to show that we're better than the SEC. It would be the year after losing Jacory, and that great class, but we could regroup in time

Auturo, you my man but damn dude lol.

:bobdole:

Alabama would BOATRACE us in Atlanta. We're talking Randy Shannon v. Nick Saban. Randy Shannon would struggle to win the WAC and Nick Saban is the new Bear Bryant and in my opinion, BETTER.

Dude!!!really?
Miami is my second favorite team after my beloved Tide.
Now is not the time to be wanting to jump on the Tide,saying your program is better.
As for expansion....It's coming...When the Big10 makes their move,the SEC
will take Texas,Texas A&M (they are a package deal)Florida St. and (here's the bad part)Miami will be passed over for Clemson or Ga. Tech
because of the stadium issues.

Dude!!!really?
Miami is my second favorite team after my beloved Tide.
Now is not the time to be wanting to jump on the Tide,saying your program is better.
As for expansion....It's coming...When the Big10 makes their move,the SEC
will take Texas,Texas A&M (they are a package deal)Florida St. and (here's the bad part)Miami will be passed over for Clemson or Ga. Tech
because of the stadium issues.
Well I don't think it's just the stadium/attendance issue for Miami. I've also read that the SEC won't admit Miami because they don't have enough varsity sports teams as they are a smaller private school.

But expansion is coming. That or a change at the very least. Rumors are flying about Arkansas possibly leaving for the Big 12. If that happens, the SEC would most likely go after either GT, Clemson, or FSU.

Well I don't think it's just the stadium/attendance issue for Miami. I've also read that the SEC won't admit Miami because they don't have enough varsity sports teams as they are a smaller private school.

But expansion is coming. That or a change at the very least. Rumors are flying about Arkansas possibly leaving for the Big 12. If that happens, the SEC would most likely go after either GT, Clemson, or FSU.

Sorry bro...Ark. isn't going to leave the golden goose.
Even with the Wal-mart and Tyson Foods money they have,they are
not giving up that 17 million a year extra they get from the SEC.
The Big12 doesn't have revenue sharing.

Sorry bro...Ark. isn't going to leave the golden goose.
Even with the Wal-mart and Tyson Foods money they have,they are
not giving up that 17 million a year extra they get from the SEC.
The Big12 doesn't have revenue sharing.
That is true. I know Arkansas probably won't leave. But it's just too damn much fun to toy around with. Most Gator fans I've talked with on this issue pretty much said the same thing you did about revenue sharing and that that's why it won't happen. I just don't like the idea of moving to 14 or 16 teams. I think the SEC is fine the way it is and that a 14-16 team conference would be way too bloated. Also, the SEC would probably have to expand it's regular season requirement from 8 games to 9 or possibly even 10 games which would result in fewer marquee non-conference matchups. If it ever got that big (10 games) and FSU is not one of the schools admitted, Gator fans should be prepared to see the FSU game disappear too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom