***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 171 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true. I know Arkansas probably won't leave. But it's just too damn much fun to toy around with. Most Gator fans I've talked with on this issue pretty much said the same thing you did about revenue sharing and that that's why it won't happen. I just don't like the idea of moving to 14 or 16 teams. I think the SEC is fine the way it is and that a 14-16 team conference would be way too bloated. Also, the SEC would probably have to expand it's regular season requirement from 8 games to 9 or possibly even 10 games which would result in fewer marquee non-conference matchups. If it ever got that big (10 games) and FSU is not one of the schools admitted, Gator fans should be prepared to see the FSU game disappear too.

Notre Dame is the key....If they go,and they only go to the Big10 with
a agreement that other teams go with them(basically destorying the Big East)
The SEC has already got a plan to bring Texas and Texas A&M in.
You might be to young remember ,but in 92' Texas WAS coming to the
SEC,but the Texas government had some rule where Texas A&M had
to be included in the deal.The SEC didn't want A&M then,so it fell through.
Texas WANTS to be in the SEC and the SEC wants Texas.

The U's team speed

Proof of the speed can be seen in UM's 400-meter relay team, which is made up entirely of football players. McGee, Benjamin and cornerbacks DeMarcus Van Dyke and Cory Nelms recorded a time of 40.15 seconds at the Hurricane Alumni Invitational April 10. It was the fastest time at UM since 1998, and ranks third in school history... They all run the 100 meters in less than 10.77 seconds, with Benjamin earning All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors by posting a 10.4. Still, they are just the beginning. The Hurricanes believe they have several others who make them one of the fastest teams in the ACC, maybe the country... Among them are running backs Lamar Miller and Storm Johnson and receiver Tommy Streeter, who recently ran the 40-yard dash in 4.3 seconds during offseason workouts.

Im back after losing my password and the forgotten password not working.

I would really like to see us play 'Bama in 2012. Great chance to show that we're better than the SEC. It would be the year after losing Jacory, and that great class, but we could regroup in time

Do you watch college football at all or just walk around throwing up "U" signs with your hands thinking it's cool?

Miami has yet to even be the 3rd best team in the ACC since joining.... much less be better than the SEC.. it actually ends up pretty lopsided when they face an SEC team lately...

What's funny is I remember like it was yesterday all the trash talking all the "U" fans did in '92.... right before Bama curb stomped 'em for the national title....

Always remember this... if it wasn't for a Bama guy to begin with... the University of Miami would be playing chess instead of football...

Miami can't handle the smashmouth nature of SEC football.... they can't even handle the couple of smashmouth teams in the ACC yet...

The team is built for track meets..... they'll get p"U"mmeled by Bama... trust me...

Last edited by a moderator:
So the stupidity by FU continues. Today I saw a kid who has probably not watched an NFL game in his life wear a Tim Tebow Broncos jersey to school. One of the most nerdiest looking kids I've ever seen too.

Miami Baseball is hosting a regional.

We've got
1. Miami
2. TAMU
3. FIU
4. Dartmouth

If we win, we'll play the winner of the Gainesville Regional in the Supers, which I think will come down to either Florida or Oregon State, a tough matchup either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom