***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 173 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok... so I'm kindof new to following college football and I don't know a lot of player names. I'm going to try and follow the Canes this year, and hopefully get some gear when I go down to South Florida this year. All I really know about them is Jacory Harris at this point. I know they have some pretty good recievers (#85 and #47) and a good left end, who's name escapes me. But that's basically it. I successfully learned about the NHL this year, hell why not expand to ncaa football.

Damien Berry was on WQAM today and he specifically stated on several occassions that he "loves coach Shannon", that he is a "father figure" and that he is ready to take that next step and become one of the great UM backs.

I know there was some noise last year that maybe they weren't seeing eye to eye because of the lack of use of Berry, and the consistent use of JJ and Coop, though on the field, Berry was by far the most impressive. I think the kid could be the next great back, though with the talent behind him, hopefully our rushing attack is dominant.

Damien Berry was on WQAM today and he specifically stated on several occassions that he "loves coach Shannon", that he is a "father figure" and that he is ready to take that next step and become one of the great UM backs.

I know there was some noise last year that maybe they weren't seeing eye to eye because of the lack of use of Berry, and the consistent use of JJ and Coop, though on the field, Berry was by far the most impressive. I think the kid could be the next great back, though with the talent behind him, hopefully our rushing attack is dominant.

Off the record, I've heard the relationship between Shannon and Berry is rough. Berry goes to class, comes to practice, hits the weight room, does what he's told, and he's still not getting the burn that he has earned. And I've heard that it could stem from Shannon's dislike for Berry's father. Shannon and Berry were both at UM together.

Interesting.... Although I'm not sure exactly what Collier was going to contribute anyway with Hankerson, Byrd, Aldarius Johnson, Benjamin, etc.. all on the roster.. other than possibly return punts... which Benjamin can handle...

I'd throw guys like Streeter in there ahead of him too...

What did they do? I wanted to see what Davon Johnson and Tommy Streeter would be able to do anyway.

Storm Johnson has had a couple of long runs in practice this morning.

This kid is the real deal. Not sure how the hell Randy Shannon will justify redshirting this kid but you know it will happen. If Storm Johnson isn't the real deal then we have some HUGE holes on the defensive line and the Petri hire was a bust. This is very doubtful considering Petri's history. Storm Johnson needs to see the field.

Secondary is without Brandon McGee today. Mild concussion.

With the talent at RB (Berry, Coop, Miller, James) I could see us redshirting Storm. Kid is going to be a BEAST in a year or 2. All I gotta say is, if this OLine can play up to its abilities . . . . this offense is going to be SICK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom