***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 174 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storm Johnson has had a couple of long runs in practice this morning.

This kid is the real deal. Not sure how the hell Randy Shannon will justify redshirting this kid but you know it will happen. If Storm Johnson isn't the real deal then we have some HUGE holes on the defensive line and the Petri hire was a bust. This is very doubtful considering Petri's history. Storm Johnson needs to see the field.

Secondary is without Brandon McGee today. Mild concussion.

JC....
How physical are the Canes looking to you?...that's the improvement I want to see out
of them this year.

I can't tell you how physical the team is personally because I haven't been to any practices, all I can tell you is what I hear from my guys inside.

DVD sent out a text this morning about Lee Chambers moving into the secondary.

The one guy I've heard a lot about from a physical standpoint is Seantrel Henderson. I've been told that last week he was man handling dudes in practice. Said he's just impressive. "Mountain" is the term that was used. The defensive line is more physical this season which is a good thing and a lot of that is being credited to the work Petri has put in with the group.

Offensively we're tinkering with the offensive line. Brandon Linder and Shane McDermontt are getting a lot of reps in practice. Orlando Franklin is impressing coaches and has moved out of the dorms to an off-campus apartment. Franklin missed practice yesterday but returned this morning and participated in both AM and PM practices.

As far as Coop goes, he participated in 9 on 9 drills and caught a few passes but he's not ready for up the middle bulk carries yet. Still to early to tell about him. Assuming Randy Shannon can set aside his past grudges, Damien Berry is the man in this offense and he ripped off a big run today in practice. Chase Ford is looking great at tight end because he's picking up the offense quickly.

Biggest flaw in this team continues to be the linebacking corps. We don't have a guy who is stepping up at MLB and that's a concern. I think it's especially a concern being in the ACC knowing that we won't face any MAJOR offenses and teams will utilize the tight end over the middle more often and expose our weakness. If the season were to begin today even I couldn't tell you who would start at MLB but my guess would be Sean Spence. Spence did force and recover a fumble in the PM practice today.

And just so we're clear, MY DUDE Matt Bosher is still the best player on this team.

:up:

Is Spence practicing at MLB? He is a natural weakside linebacker, don't think he can handle being in the middle. I would have to think McCarthy would end up being the guy in the middle if Kylan Robinson can't hack it. Maybe then Futch (if fully healthy) or Buchannan would play on the strong side. I personally think Futch is a star in the making on that defense. They have to find a way to get that guy on the field.

For what it's worth...

i6k17a-1.png

Attachments

• i6k17a.png
    i6k17a.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 6
C'mon Randy... time to show what ya got. I've stuck w/ ya, criticized lightly, and truely want you to succeed but this is your year...show me what you got.

Reports are conflicting right now. Not really sure what it is.

Hey JCane, any update on Laron Byrd? Ferman is saying it's a knee sprain and he won't miss much time......which probably means his knee is destroyed and he'll be out for the year.

Hey JCane, any update on Laron Byrd? Ferman is saying it's a knee sprain and he won't miss much time......which probably means his knee is destroyed and he'll be out for the year.

Haven't heard anything concrete yet. Some guys are telling me it's serious and some are saying it's just a mild sprain as well. It's hard to say with Randy being the way he is about injuries.

Also, it's like I've said before, Randy doesn't like Gary because of how Gary goes about conducting business on campus, etc. Randy has been known to intentionally feed Gary false information to make it look bad on CaneSport. Let us not forget the whole "Mark Whipple isn't even a candidate for the vacant offensive coordinator position."

And didn't Gary say that Whipple was accepting the job at South Florida?

McCarthy is actually practicing at MLB now. I know Randy has been saying he practies at MLB in the nickle all along, but he's manning it in practice. Looks like Ramon Buchanon has bee elevated to the first team. He and Spence are fairly similar body types, and games. Wonder who will fill the Strongside and Weakside in that alignment.

Jermaine Johnson geting some run at TE in an unbalanced line type formation.

LaRon was running laps during practice, so I'd say his knee isn't shredded or anything. Coach thinks he'll be fine for game one.

Ford playing well in the passing game, and Cleveland seems to have passed Billy Sanders at TE, who is more of a blocking type.

Jimmy Gaines is said to be looking the best of the freshmen LB's, believe it or not. Cain is playing head of Kevin Nelson at MLB as well. The unheralded LB'er recruits are showing well. Time for Nelson to step up and make a few more plays.

Can't wait to get the season here as soon as possible.

UM's apparently in some potential hot water, some dude is writing a "tell-all" book about the gifts and stuff that he gave to players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom