***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 201 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im proud of this team, fighting through the mistakes and getting hard fought win in one of the toughest places to play in the ACC. Alot of our problems are Coaching, they need to sit Jacory down and tell him he doesnt have to throw 40-50 yard passes every time we get the ball, because he throws the ball up for grabs way to much. There are so many weapons on this team to be excited about, heres a couple.
S.Spence
R.Armstrong
B.Harris
L.Miller. Fix the problems and were a top 5 team.

Jacory is still throwing WAY too many head scratchers. I lost count of how many times he threw lame duck passes up that nearly gave me a heart attack.

Jacory is still throwing WAY too many head scratchers. I lost count of how many times he threw lame duck passes up that nearly gave me a heart attack.

I watched the game today like I was the QB. And after today, I gotta say that Jacory did improve...some. He didn't force as much as he has in previous weeks. He wasn't locking onto intended receivers from the snap. He also looked off receivers on the left side and then threw right and vice versa. I also caught him a couple of times looking downfield into douple and triple coverage and for a split second you could see that he wanted to launch it but instead he checked down to Mike James, etc.

So his decision making skills DID improve from Pittsburgh. The thing that bothers me the most right now is the fact that we're so undisciplined. Often times we shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties and silly mistakes. Right now, Jacory is killing this team more than Shannon is. Travis Benjamin needs to step it up and I gotta see more from Mark Whipple. Just not that impressed with the offense thus far. Lamar Miller needs more and more touches. And we're going to HAVE to build some QB depth. Jacory has no one pushing him and it doesn't appear that anyone ever will. But in the future, someone needs to be on the next guy's back ready to pounce on a starting spot.

I'm a "week to week" guy. I spot problems and I attack those problems. I don't bash Shannon because I dislike Shannon. I like Shannon. He's a GREAT guy. Can't find a better guy. He's just not what we need to get us to that next level. I don't see it in him. But I am impressed with Shannon from an emotional standpoint after today. I've been sick of watching this guy just mope around on the sideline like someone ran over his dog. But today there was fire in that man on the sidelines. I mean he was in this ref's face like I've never seen from a college coach. He was Lou Pinella-esque out there and I loved it even though he went right back into mope mood afterwards lol. At least he showed some fire.

Lately I've been on Jacory's *** and for good reason. But today I seen some improvements from Jacory. Yeah, he threw a couple fo ducks, but there were a couple of times I seen him looking downfield into coverage and he elected to dump it off on a check down. That's improvement I think. He also didn't stare his receivers down AS MUCH. He looked a few guys off and threw to the other side of the field whereas before he'd just chuck it up and whoever gets it gets it. So Shannon and Jacory did a good job this week of addressing that.

Mark Whipple...**** man. I dunno. Not impressed right now. Then again, Jacory has been kinda ****ing him, I've seen Chase Ford and Leonard Hankerson drop a few cruicial ones, and Travis Benjamin is basically a no-show right now.

Call me crazy but I don't like TB3 on punt returns. I want Lamar Miller or Storm Johnson back there. And the reason for that is because receivers don't see holes the way that running backs do. I think Travis spends a lot of time running from sideline to sideline and shifting and a bunch of other unecessary nonsense. I know Travis is electric and I know he's a treat to house it every time, but I'd like to see what Miller and Johnson or even Clements can do.

Defensively, not a lot of complaints. I'm very happy with our defensive line right now even though it took us until the end of the game to FINALLY get to Kyle Parker. But that's a big credit to Clemson's very talented offensive line. Much credit to the Tigers. Linebackers I'm concerned with outside of Spence. Man that kid is Godlike when he's healthy. Not a lot of complaints about the secondary either. Ray Ray and Vaughn are holding it down. Brandon Harris is unreal. DVD was a Blu-ray player today at times before reverting back into VHS. Dude HAS to learn how to look at his receiver and feel when the ball is in the air. Once you know the ball is in the air you have to get your head around. You don't get your head around and you run the risk of giving up the big play and/or getting flagged for interference.

It's really scary to think how good we could be if we weren't so undisciplined and Jacory wouldn't butt**** us twice a game.

Id love to see Jacory have a complete game this week and flex some muscle vs FSU. GO CANES!!!!!

Well, I think we all right here right now in this thread need to look ourselves in the mirror and just accept the fact that Jacory WILL throw two or more interceptions this Saturday against Florida State.

I didn't think a blindfolded leprechaun could toss 2 INT's to that FSU secondary.... they're dreadful... Then Verica goes and throws 2 picks to Greg Reid (who I'm still convinced should be playing offense instead of defense)..

I still don't think a blindfolded leprechaun could toss 2 INT's to that FSU secondary... Verica is just worse...

Jenije is awful... and Reid is a 5-star athlete on film and punt returns... but a 2 star cornerback...

The Miami receivers vs. the FSU secondary is the biggest mismatch of one unit versus the other of any game so far this season IMO... the only thing is Miami's offensive line has to slow down the FSU pass rush... which is pretty good..

If FSU is forced to blitz to create some pressure, look for a lot of blown assignments and missed tackles in the secondary leading to big plays for Miami...

This game could get out of hand early in Miami's favor... what's the spread JC?

I've heard Miami -7 which I'm not buying. I haven't seen an actual line on this game yet. Awsi Dooger would be the man who needs to answer this question.

Solid analysis as always, Slimm. It's always a close one either way. Randy is looking to establish a solid run game early on to prevent Jacory from throwing interceptions early and letting it affect his confidence over the course of the entire game. But Florida State's defensive line is STOUT and I think we'll struggle to run the ball. It's gotta be our offensive line v. their defensive line. We have to protect Jacory and give him time to find Hankerson in the secondary. Like you said, the Seminoles secondary is garbage and I think we seen Benjamin go BIG this Saturday night.

The thing that concerns me about our defense is we always seem to struggle with QB's who can take off and run. Christian Ponder ran over us in Miami two years ago and I'm sure he'll run again. Spence has to be ready for that. Spence is a MACHINE this season now that he's healthy. I think we'd have a Saban-esqu type defense if we had two other linebackers with 75% the skill level of Spence. Outside of our weak linebackers our only real weakness is DVD who at times on Saturday played like a Blu-ray but then reverted back to the same ol' VHS.

Miami 41
Florida State 36

Van Dyke reminds me of a defensive version of Lance Leggett.... skinny, fast, and underdeveloped physically... 90% athlete - 10% football player...

I always wondered how long it would take Shannon/Whipple to figure out that the defense can't pick you off if you run the football... it doesn't matter if you don't score on every play... just stop giving the ball to the other team and you'll be surprised at how many times you'll like the outcome...

500 yards of offense doesn't matter if you throw in 4-5 turnovers along the way...

Alabama only had 1 yard more on offense than Florida, and neither team tallied 300 yards of total offense... but it was a 25 point blowout because one team kept turning it over...

How did Seantrel Henderson do in his first start BTW? I would expect Jimbo to attack that side of Miami's offensive line... not only because it's the weak side of the line, but also because pressure from that side is what the quarterback will see... sometimes just visible pressure is enough to force a QB into mistakes...

I like Van Dyke a lot. He's a good kid. His cousin, Dave, and I are really good friends. I'd never crush Van Dyke in front of Dave the way I do here but I think Dave knows it as well.

Like I said in an earlier post after the Clemson game, I did watch Jacory improve out there. He didn't force as many throws as I felt he would have a couple of weeks ago. There were a couple of times I seen Clemson get after him and Jacory rolled to his right, looked deep down field into coverage, my heart stopped, and then he checked down to Mike James for a few positive yards. Against Ohio State, he would stand in the pocket and force a bad throw if pressure go to him. He's beginning to use his head during plays instead of just reacting. So something that Shannon and Whipple are doing in practice and in the film room is getting thru to Jacory.

Seantrel is a mountain of a man and did very well in his first start. We still rotated him out with Figs who was HORRIBLE as always but Seantrel was lunching dudes out there. As long as Seantrel is in the game, I'm not concerned with protection on that side of the line. Offensively my biggest concerns are Jacory's interceptions, Chase Ford's inability to catch the football, and the failure that is Travis Benjamin. Chase Ford is essentially all we have at tight end. He's not catching very catchable footballs. Really pissing me off and I know Coach Whipple is going nuts over there when he drops the balls he drops. Not sure what Benjamin's deal is. He got it going a little bit against Clemson but Jacory overthrew him once on a sure six I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom