***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread*** | Page 484 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's take care of business in the coastal and beat VT and Carolina then a loss at FSU would not hurt us.
I could see a scenario where we lose at FSU and then beat them at a neutral site to win the ACC.

Let's take care of business in the coastal and beat VT and Carolina then a loss at FSU would not hurt us.
I could see a scenario where we lose at FSU and then beat them at a neutral site to win the ACC.

How dare you! BEAT FSU! ;)

I would love to see us beat FSU after they beat Alabama and beat them again to win the ACC. :D

I doubt that this is the year that you guys break the streak. FSU is going to be tough! I guess we'll find out just how tough in a couple of days in Atlanta.

As Buddy has said, I doubt it will happen this year, FSU is flushed with talent and experience at all position groups. I will say that Miami is a very talented group, but Richt's M.O. has always been an underachiever, and an inability to take a team to the next level. Let us be honest, if Miami doesn't start to consistently win the ACC - Coastal, he should be fired...that half of the conference is right for the taking.

As Buddy has said, I doubt it will happen this year, FSU is flushed with talent and experience at all position groups. I will say that Miami is a very talented group, but Richt's M.O. has always been an underachiever, and an inability to take a team to the next level. Let us be honest, if Miami doesn't start to consistently win the ACC - Coastal, he should be fired...that half of the conference is right for the taking.

I am not concerned about the D but I would have been a whole lot more comfortable if Brad came back for his senior year.

I am not concerned about the D but I would have been a whole lot more comfortable if Brad came back for his senior year.

The defensive line is legit, right there with Clemson, OSU, and FSU as far as talent. FSU tends to have its biggest weakness on the offensive line. Although we have 4 returning starters, they are all starters from a less than stellar group...Miami can give them fits up front, but overall the Nole just have too much talent in other areas. Next year when most of the secondary and interior d-line is in the NFL, you will get your shot. The game is also in Miami next year.

Kayaa coming back would have helped, at least from an experience standpoint and I know Perry isn't starting yet, but I think he is a more talented than Brad and his athleticism could give the Canes offense some added chrome. I'm not sure if he is red-shirted, but I would not be surprised if he doesn't get a few snaps through out the season.

You guy will be very good again but we've closed the gap especially on the defensive side and as you know anything can happen.
Honestly we are one or two recruiting classes away from being a legit contender year in year out. Qb is still a question mark until it isn't.

Beat Bama ( ACC rules) and we'll settle this on the football field :thumbsup

You guy will be very good again but we've closed the gap especially on the defensive side and as you know anything can happen.
Honestly we are one or two recruiting classes away from being a legit contender year in year out. Qb is still a question mark until it isn't.

Beat Bama ( ACC rules) and we'll settle this on the football field :thumbsup

I don't hate the idea of Miami being successful, in fact, I think it is great for FSU and the ACC. I love the idea of a Coastal team being in the top 5 making the ACC championship game all the more interesting. It will continue to build the ACC rep as the best football conference in the NCAA.

Looking forward to an undefeated Noles team and a one loss Miami team in the ACC championship...

Finally! Gameday!

giphy.gif

Initially I thought so as well but looking at Rosier - he looks much better than Brad. B-C is an inferior opponent and the real tests are still coming but Brad had a whole lot of head scratch throws against inferior competition as well. Can't really say that from Rosier today. I cannot recall one really bad throw (going into the 4th)

Honestly I give us a pretty decent chance against FSU.

Last edited:
Initially I thought so as well but looking at Rosier - he looks much better than Brad. B-C is an inferior opponent and the real tests are still coming but Brad had a whole lot of head scratch throws against inferior competition as well. Can't really say that from Rosier today. I cannot recall one really bad throw (going into the 4th)

Honestly I give us a pretty decent chance against FSU.
I'm disappointed by the defense. Can't get off the field at times against a bad team. A score in the single digits for them would have been ideal

I'm disappointed by the defense. Can't get off the field at times against a bad team. A score in the single digits for them would have been ideal
We all can be a little greedy. Offensively not everything was perfect either. But it is the first game of the season. I worry if they allow 24 points against Arkansas State next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom