Official MLB All-Star Thread (?) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official MLB All-Star Thread (?)

TitansFanatic

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Even though it's not supposed to be released to the public...

The Braves will be represented by Edgar Renteria, Andruw Jones, and Brian McCann.

I am really happy for Edgar and Brian...I had a good feeling about the Braves signing Rent. I had faith that the season with the Red Sox was a fluke and he'd be a great fit in Atlanta.

And Brian McCann...just wow. He's had an amazing year. It's scary to think how good he'd be doing right now if he hadn't got hurt. And his defense is very solid.

Brian McCann is going to be a greta player catching for the Braves in the future. I think him and Jeff Francoeur, who are both like 21 years old,will be the stars of that team for the next decade (assuming they stay in Atlanta).

Nice job starting the thread, I was going to do it myself.

Let's see who made it, deserved it and got screwed.

Starting All Stars for the AL-

Manny, Vlad and Ichiro.
Personally I would have had Vernon Wells over Vlad but you can't argue with the picks. Manny is rumored to not play in the game due to injuries so who knows.

Ortiz- 1B
Loretta- 2B
Jeter- SS
Arod- 3B
The guys who made it with the infield were my picks.

Ivan Rodriguez- C
Terrible, where's Joe Mauer?

Rocky Raccoon said:
:shakeno: Joe Mauer should be a starter, what BS.

There's always going to be a few guys who should be starters that don't but Pudge over Mauer is a joke. This isn't 1995 anymore.

Starters on the NL

Paul LoDuca- C
Albert Pujols- 1B
Chase Utley- 2B
Jose Reyes- SS
David Wright- 3B
Soriano, Beltran and Jason Bay- OF

Can't argue with those. The fans got it right, although Dan Uggla could make a case over Utley. I'm not sure if LoDuca was the best catcher in the NL, I haven't seen the stats of all of them, but wasn't Michael Barrett doing better?

Ray Finkle said:
Starters on the NL

Paul LoDuca- C
Albert Pujols- 1B
Chase Utley- 2B
Jose Reyes- SS
David Wright- 3B
Soriano, Beltran and Jason Bay- OF

Can't argue with those. The fans got it right, although Dan Uggla could make a case over Utley. I'm not sure if LoDuca was the best catcher in the NL, I haven't seen the stats of all of them, but wasn't Michael Barrett doing better?
barrett does have better stats but as you know the as voting is a popularity contest. Plus people see where the mets are as opposed to the cubs and thats a wrap.

Im just happy they got the reyes, wright and beltran picks right. They have been the 3 best position players on the mets by a long shot. The only pick disputeable is wright over cabrera but hey its D wright :cooldude:

Mark Burhele was picked over Curt Schilling :lol: Oh well I'm glad, I didn't want Schilling pitching in that game anyway, I just remember back to 1999 and Pedro.

other pitchers
Contreras, Halladay, Kazmir, Mark Redman (KC), Kenny Rogers, Santana, Zito

Papelbon, Ryan, Rivera, Jenks.

Hopefully Papelbon won't have to pitch either, I'm sure Gullen will throw out Jenks in the 9th over Paps, Ryan and Rivera. Which would be a joke.

Boik14 said:
barrett does have better stats but as you know the as voting is a popularity contest. Plus people see where the mets are as opposed to the cubs and thats a wrap.

Im just happy they got the reyes, wright and beltran picks right. They have been the 3 best position players on the mets by a long shot. The only pick disputeable is wright over cabrera but hey its D wright :cooldude:

I agree and I'm very happy for Reyes and Wright as I'm big fans of both of them.

Ray Finkle said:
Mark Burhele was picked over Schilling :lol: Oh well I'm glad, I didn't want Schilling pitching in that game anyway.

other pitcers
Contreras, Halladay, Kazmir, Mark Redman (KC), Kenny Rogers, Santana, Zito

Papelbon, Ryan, Rivera, Jenks.
Im sorry but kc shouldnt even be allowed to send anyone. They should have given the spot to someone who plays on a major league team like liriano or schilling. If David Glass wants to run KC like a minor league team they shouldnt get the free publicity of having a player wear their jersey on national tv. What a joke.

NL Pitchers:

Chris Carpender, Pedro Martinez (but he probably won't go again), Arroyo, Glavine, Penny, Schmidt, Webb, Carlos Zambrano.

Trevor Hoffman, Tom Gordon, Brian Fuentes, Derek Turnbow

I'm happy for Arroyo, he deserved it. The NL bullpen is pretty ugly with the closers anyway.

Back
Top Bottom