Official MLB All-Star Thread (?) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official MLB All-Star Thread (?)

Boik14 said:
stat wise he doesnt match up. Instances like that him being 4th this year in fan voting are why people whine about fan voting. His stats stink compared to andruw and the other reserve of's. Fans vote for who they like not who deserves it

who was the NL OF reserves?

Ray Finkle said:
Nomar is leading the NL in batting, and even missed about 20 to 25 games in the beginning of the year. He's been great all year and although he doesn't have the HRs, Howard or Berkman do, he's been just as good if not better. The NL has 4 3rd basemen on the team, so why not 4 1B man.

true...

Carlos Lee, Matt Holiday, Andruw Jones and I might have missed a guy or too. Lance Berkman could play the OF two if needed.

HR Derby:
Dye, Troy Glaus, David Ortiz, Ryan Howard, Carlos Lee, and David Wright

2 more to be added.
Not a bad HR Derby, beats last year's mess.

AL Last Man Fan Vote:
Travis Hafner
Justin Verlander
Francisco Liriano
Ramon Hernandez
A.J. Piersinski (was Swisher but got replaced for some reason)

NL Last Man
Nomar
Chris Capuano
Bobby Abreu
Billy Wagner
Chris Young

My votes are Nomar and Hafner

**** griffey isnt even on the final vote ballet...oh well, nomar will probably be in it there..

Nappy Roots said:
**** griffey isnt even on the final vote ballet...oh well, nomar will probably be in it there..

I hope so, he deserves it.

Nick Swisher not on the ballot is a bigger joke.

Ray Finkle said:
I hope so, he deserves it.

Nick Swisher not on the ballot is a better joke.

nah not really. i could argue Crawford deserves it over him.

Swisher started off very hot and has been cooled down lately, but you could make that arguement.

culpepper2chambers said:
ichiro should do the HR derby. im not jokin either. he jacks out every one in bp.

ive always wanted to see it actually. id bet he do really good

ok, where is the love for Carl Crawford? IMO the last guy in the AL should be either Hafner or Liriano, the NL- Nomar or Young

Back
Top Bottom