Official MLB All-Star Thread (?) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official MLB All-Star Thread (?)

Nappy Roots said:
so your going to punish Hafner because you have 2 other guys that cant play D, thats not far.

Hafner has the highest OPS in AL, he deserves to be there.

I didn't punish anyone, he didn't get enough votes! Not to mention the 2 other guys are just better!!

MikeO said:
If the game was meaningless, I would say who cares. Take Hafner.

But this game actually matters now, and you don't want 3 first basemen on this team who look at a glove and laugh!!!!!!!!! I have no problem taking 1 or 2 of those guys, but I don't want 3 of them.

I understand what you're saying, but since the game matters, why have Liriano on the team when he wouldn't pitch. If the managers play the game to win the AL would have Santana or Halladay pitch 7 or 8 innings and then give the ball to Papelbon, Ryan in the 8th and Rivera in the 9th.

Having an extra bat on the bench couldn't hurt.

I don't get upset with who the fans vote in and all, but Jose Lopez not starting at 2B is a joke. His numbers are clearly the best at that position in the AL.

6 more home runs. 24 more RBI's. 9 more runs. Higher slug %.

Lopez and Mauer should be starting. IRod and Loretta should be the backups.

MikeO said:
I don't get upset with who the fans vote in and all, but Jose Lopez not starting at 2B is a joke. His numbers are clearly the best at that position in the AL.

:yes:

MikeO said:

I agree, I have no idea how Pudge got into the game. I was ready to kill the fans for voting V-tek as the starting Catcher but was shocked when Pudge was announced the winner.

Ray Finkle said:
I understand what you're saying, but since the game matters, why have Liriano on the team when he wouldn't pitch. If the managers play the game to win the AL would have Santana or Halladay pitch 7 or 8 innings and then give the ball to Papelbon, Ryan in the 8th and Rivera in the 9th.

Having an extra bat on the bench couldn't hurt.

Nobody pitches 7 or 8 innings in these all star games. Which is why you want to load up on as many pitchers as you can.

It's tough for "diehard" baseball fans to vote in a DH anyway for a position spot. With Ortiz you can swallow it becuase he is so good offensivly. And you can understand with the year Thome is having him as a backup. But I have a hard time justifying taking 3 of these types of players and putting them on the team.

MikeO said:
Nobody pitches 7 or 8 innings in these all star games. Which is why you want to load up on as many pitchers as you can.

It's tough for "diehard" baseball fans to vote in a DH anyway for a position spot. With Ortiz you can swallow it becuase he is so good offensivly. And you can understand with the year Thome is having him as a backup. But I have a hard time justifying taking 3 of these types of players and putting them on the team.

Yeah I know, but as you said this game isn't meaningless so if it really matters you should throw out the pitcher for the long but if I were managing the team I'd throw Halladay or Santana for the first 3 innings, then Halladay/Santana for the next 3 and then maybe Contresas for an inning or 2 and put in Ryan/Paps in the 8th and Mo in the 9th.

You would think having 7 or 8 starters on the team would be enough.

MikeO said:

definitly agree.

and 2 other AL 2B over lorretta to.

Ray Finkle said:
Yeah I know, but as you said this game isn't meaningless so if it really matters you should throw out the pitcher for the long but if I were managing the team I'd throw Halladay or Santana for the first 3 innings, then Halladay/Santana for the next 3 and then maybe Contresas for an inning or 2 and put in Ryan/Paps in the 8th and Mo in the 9th.

You would think having 7 or 8 starters on the team would be enough.

Jose Contrares won't even see the field of play that night. He has some elbow issues and Ozzie won't risk anything. Buherle will get in though, take that to the bank.

Lirano MIGHT be the 2nd best pitcher in all of baseball (behind Santana). I want that mother f'er on the team and I want him on the mound.

Memo to Brian Saben the SF Giants GM:::: Nice deal when you gave up Nathan and Lirano in the same deal and got a guy in return who isn't even in the league anymore! :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Nappy Roots said:
cano and roberts

you could also make an argument for belliard and tad iguchi

If you go straight by numbers, Belliard and Iguchi have better numbers ever so slightly. All 3 are the same. Can't go crazy with Loretta. It's a popularity contest, so who really cares.

Cano, no..behind numbers wise.

Nappy Roots said:
cano and roberts

you could also make an argument for belliard and tad iguchi

No way man, check the stats. Loretta has better stats than all of those guys all around.

MikeO said:
Lirano MIGHT be the 2nd best pitcher in all of baseball (behind Santana). I want that mother f'er on the team and I want him on the mound.

Memo to Brian Saben the SF Giants GM:::: Nice deal when you gave up Nathan and Lirano in the same deal and got a guy in return who isn't even in the league anymore! :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

I'm a big Liriano guy, I think the Twins could make a playoff run because of him and Santana. I don't think he's better than Halladay or Santana or even Harden if he's ever healthy but he'd be in my top 5.

Ray Finkle said:
No way man, check the stats. Loretta has better stats than all of those guys.

No he doesnt

Iguchi...55 runs, 8 home runs, 37 RBI

Belliard....37 runs, 6 home runs, 36 RBI

Loretta.......38 runs, 3 home runs, 33 RBI

All are equal so its no big deal which one of the 3 got it.

Back
Top Bottom