Official MLB All-Star Thread (?) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official MLB All-Star Thread (?)

Ray Finkle said:
I'm a big Liriano guy, I think the Twins could make a playoff run because of him and Santana. I don't think he's better than Halladay or Santana or even Harden if he's ever healthy but he'd be in my top 5.

1) If they make the playoffs they will win the whole thing.

2) I can't see them making hte playoffs in that division. Just too far behind and too much ground to make up, even for the wild card.

3) Harden?????? NO!

Ray Finkle said:
No way man, check the stats. Loretta has better stats than all of those guys.

Cano is hitting for a higher avg, higher OPS, more HRs.

Roberts has a higher OPS, is behind only 1 RBI and has 17 more SBs than him.

not to mention both of these guys have alot less ABs

Belliard and Tad have more HRs RBIs higher OPS

Nappy Roots said:
Cano is hitting for a higher avg, higher OPS, more HRs.

Roberts has a higher OPS, is behind only 1 RBI and has 17 more SBs than him.

not to mention both of these guys have alot less ABs

Belliard and Tad have more HRs RBIs higher OPS

Loretta is better than Cano and Roberts, your off base there. But the other 2 guys you got a small case. Small, but a case nontheless.

MikeO said:
Loretta is better than Cano and Roberts, your off base there. But the other 2 guys you got a small case. Small, but a case nontheless.

If Cano and Roberts had the same amound of ABs as Loretta, they would have much better #s

MikeO said:
1) If they make the playoffs they will win the whole thing.

2) I can't see them making hte playoffs in that division. Just too far behind and too much ground to make up, even for the wild card.

3) Harden?????? NO!

1.) I'm not sure about that. Santana seems to disappear in the ALDS, you should know that first hand.

2.) Probably right but they have been playing very well lately.

3.) Dude check out his numbers, when he's healthy he's extremely good. His problem is he's never healthy.

Nappy Roots said:
If Cano and Roberts had the same amound of ABs as Loretta, they would have much better #s

but they don't. And for an ALL STAR game you can only go by the numbers UP UNTIL TODAY.

Loretta on the squad I have no problem with. Starting over Lopez, ehhhhhh, small problem. But not the worst thing I have ever seen.

Nappy Roots said:

I'm a big fan of both Cano and Roberts. I think they're both very good. Cano deserved to make the team. Roberts doesn't. Belliard has been bad all year, although his numbers don't show it. He's very hot and cold and just recently has been hot making his numbers better than they are.

Tad couldn't make the team on principal. You can't have 20 White Sox guys on the team.

Ray Finkle said:
HR Derby:
Dye, Troy Glaus, David Ortiz, Ryan Howard, Carlos Lee, and David Wright

2 more to be added.
Not a bad HR Derby, beats last year's mess.

AL Last Man Fan Vote:
Travis Hafner
Justin Verlander
Francisco Liriano
Ramon Hernandez
A.J. Piersinski (was Swisher but got replaced for some reason)

NL Last Man
Nomar
Chris Capuano
Bobby Abreu
Billy Wagner
Chris Young

My votes are Nomar and Hafner
hafner and nomahhhhh

and as much as i love to watch d wright hit he probably has no shot in hr derby. Thats all ryan howard right there.

Ray Finkle said:
1.) I'm not sure about that. Santana seems to disappear in the ALDS, you should know that first hand.

2.) Probably right but they have been playing very well lately.

3.) Dude check out his numbers, when he's healthy he's extremely good. His problem is he's never healthy.

I wouldn't say that Johan disappears. 2 years ago he was very good in his two outings.

I can't see the Twins making a run unless the ChiSox or the Tigers cool off. BUt I will agree with Mike O; if they do make it, they'll win it all. 2 of the most dominating starters this year, the best hitter this year, a great young slugger, and a reliable closer.

ChambersWI said:
I wouldn't say that Johan disappears. 2 years ago he was very good in his two outings.

I can't see the Twins making a run unless the ChiSox or the Tigers cool off. BUt I will agree with Mike O; if they do make it, they'll win it all. 2 of the most dominating starters this year, the best hitter this year, a great young slugger, and a reliable closer.

His post season numbers: 10 appearances, 4 starts record of 1 and 3 (0-3 starting, his only win came in 2002 in relief), 4.50 ERA, 26 innings, 30 hits, 13 earned runs, 9 walks, 24 K's. It's not bad but not Santana like either. Who knows thought what he'll give you, he's the best in the bigs hands down and those Yankee teams had very good hitting.

Dan Uggla...Rule 5 to All Star. Amazing story.

KEEP IT UP, UGGA BUGGA!

YES!!! Grady makes the all star team....its about time he gets some credit for his play this year. just wait till he gets moved to the #3 spot , then the rbis will be on the raise.. congrats grady, im looking forward to you makeing the all star team every year!!

marke27 said:
YES!!! Grady makes the all star team....its about time he gets some credit for his play this year. just wait till he gets moved to the #3 spot , then the rbis will be on the raise.. congrats grady, im looking forward to you makeing the all star team every year!!

/me is a big fan of Grady Sizemore

Back
Top Bottom