Official MLB All-Star Thread (?) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official MLB All-Star Thread (?)

Rocky Raccoon said:
:yes:

one of the best young players in the league.

yes im just happy ozzie brought him on the team.....i know ozzie said already last year that grady was the best player in the AL central.

Chien - Ming Wang is an all star! He deserves to be one, al though he has had his struggles with runners on base... however he is young..

Long live Chien-Ming! To grant him luck the second half of the season, i grant him my avatar (till fins season)

ShuggieOtis said:
Chien - Ming Wang is an all star! He deserves to be one, al though he has had his struggles with runners on base... however he is young..

Long live Chien-Ming! To grant him luck the second half of the season, i grant him my avatar (till fins season)

Ah I liked your old avatar better man.... :tongue:

Wang has been good this year but you can argue that the pitchers on the team minus Mark Redman have been better.

Plus you should be happy he didn't get picked. Why risk an injury to him in a meaningless game? Just remember Pedro in 1999.

Ozzie went off the deep end selecting White Sox. Buehrle and Konerko shouldn't be on the team over Liriano and Hafner.

That's a complete and utter joke...

FaninPatsyLand said:
Ozzie went off the deep end selecting White Sox. Buehrle and Konerko shouldn't be on the team over Liriano and Hafner.

That's a complete and utter joke...

Agreed yet all the managers do it. But MLB should step in sometimes and put a stop to stuff like that. I remember one year when Joe Torre picked sometime like 8 to 10 Yankees one year.

Also I love Pedro Martinez don't get me wrong but why do managers continue to pick him for the All-Star game? You know he's not going to play/show up so why even pick him?

Representing my Jays
Halladay
B.J Ryan
Rios
Glaus (In the Homerun Derby)
Vernon Wells

Very impressive year even though they will all see minimal time!

wazzy said:
Representing my Jays
Halladay
B.J Ryan
Rios
Glaus (In the Homerun Derby)
Vernon Wells

Very impressive year even though they will all see minimal time!

They all deserved it. I think Glaus will play 4 innings at least. He's the only 3rd baseman on the bench and I doubt Arod will play all 9. Wells will probably play a few innings too.

Ryan should pitch an inning and Halladay has a case to get the start in the game.

It's just too bad Rios is injuried and can't play he's turning into a superstar.

Ray Finkle said:
They all deserved it. I think Glaus will play 4 innings at least. He's the only 3rd baseman on the bench and I doubt Arod will play all 9. Wells will probably play a few innings too.

Ryan should pitch an inning and Halladay has a case to get the start in the game.

It's just too bad Rios is injuried and can't play he's turning into a superstar.

When I said minimal time I meant a few guys might get a few innings in! Halladay does have a case but I don't think he will get the start!

Ray Finkle said:
Agreed yet all the managers do it. But MLB should step in sometimes and put a stop to stuff like that. I remember one year when Joe Torre picked sometime like 8 to 10 Yankees one year.

Also I love Pedro Martinez don't get me wrong but why do managers continue to pick him for the All-Star game? You know he's not going to play/show up so why even pick him?

Torre had 11 yankees one year.

they pick Pedro cause he is an all star and he has a bonus in his contract just for making the team. Whether he shows up or plays is irrelevant. For Pedro's sake he wants to be selected to get that bonus.

Pudge shouldnt be there...Maur should be, Maur is hitting .392 for gods sake.

Nomar Garciaparra and AJ Pierzynski were the winners in the last man ballot. Nomar deserved it no doubt. Pierzynski should have made the team in the first place (with Mauer winning a starting spot and Pierzynski being the reserve) but Liriano or Hafner should have gotten the last spot.

7 White Sox in this years All-Star game is a bit much, in my opinion.

Ray Finkle said:
Nomar Garciaparra and AJ Pierzynski were the winners in the last man ballot. Nomar deserved it no doubt. Pierzynski should have made the team in the first place (with Mauer winning a starting spot and Pierzynski being the reserve) but Liriano or Hafner should have gotten the last spot.

7 White Sox in this years All-Star game is a bit much, in my opinion.

Can you imagine Liriano winning the AL Cy Young in a season where he wasn't invited to the All-Star Game? If he continues to dominate like he has in the first half, that's a very possible scenario.

Liriano should win the cy young if he keeps on pitching so good

Back
Top Bottom