Official MLB All-Star Thread (?) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official MLB All-Star Thread (?)

I must bring up the point that Giambi didn't make the team, he is having a very good year.

Ray Finkle said:
I must bring up the point that Giambi didn't make the team, he is having a very good year.

hes having a good year, but Hafner didnt even make it(yet), Giambi is not close to Hafner as far as an all star this year

Ray Finkle said:
Starters on the NL

Paul LoDuca- C
Albert Pujols- 1B
Chase Utley- 2B
Jose Reyes- SS
David Wright- 3B
Soriano, Beltran and Jason Bay- OF

Can't argue with those. The fans got it right, although Dan Uggla could make a case over Utley. I'm not sure if LoDuca was the best catcher in the NL, I haven't seen the stats of all of them, but wasn't Michael Barrett doing better?

Barret: AVG .313 | HR 9 | RBI 31 | OBP .371 | SLG .514

LoDuca: AVG .286 | HR 3 | RBI 24 | OBP .327 | SLG .400

Nappy Roots said:
hes having a good year, but Hafner didnt even make it(yet), Giambi is not close to Hafner as far as an all star this year

True, but I had to add him into a guy that has an argument to going to the game. I can't let my hate for the Yankees cloud my judgement too much :lol: :wink:

Ray Finkle said:
HR Derby:
Dye, Troy Glaus, David Ortiz, Ryan Howard, Carlos Lee, and David Wright

2 more to be added.
Not a bad HR Derby, beats last year's mess.

AL Last Man Fan Vote:
Travis Hafner
Justin Verlander
Francisco Liriano
Ramon Hernandez
A.J. Piersinski (was Swisher but got replaced for some reason)

NL Last Man
Nomar
Chris Capuano
Bobby Abreu
Billy Wagner
Chris Young

My votes are Nomar and Hafner

Hafner can't play any defense. The game is in an NL park. No way should he go. Liriano is the guy who should be voted in. If its a close game late and you can bring in this guy throwing flames, he could win the damn thing for the AL. Not to mention he may be the 2nd best pitcher on his team, which means he might be the 2nd best pitcher in the AL!!!!!

On the NL side you gotta go Nomar. How the hell Wagner is on the list is beyond me. Who the hell put him on it????????

Ray Finkle said:

True, and he had no shot at the 30th man thing. Only because you dont' want the STEROID thing slammed in your face at the ALL STAR game and the highlight night of the sport if he were to win the voting.

MikeO said:
Hafner can't play any defense. The game is in an NL park. No way should he go. Liriano is the guy who should be voted in. If its a close game late and you can bring in this guy throwing flames, he could win the damn thing for the AL. Not to mention he may be the 2nd best pitcher on his team, which means he might be the 2nd best pitcher in the AL!!!!!

On the NL side you gotta go Nomar. How the hell Wagner is on the list is beyond me. Who the hell put him on it????????

do you think Ortiz should stay home to?

Nappy Roots said:
do you think Ortiz should stay home to?

NO. But you can only take so many of those type of guys. Ortiz and Thome are enough.

MikeO said:

Ortiz and Thome can't play D either but they're on the team. You could use Hafner as a pinch hitter though.

EDIT: Nappy beat me to it.

I agree though Liriano should make the team too, maybe over a White Sox pitcher perhaps.

I agree with the Nomar and Wagner statement.

MikeO said:
NO. But you can only take so many of those type of guys. Ortiz and Thome are enough.

so your going to punish Hafner because you have 2 other guys that cant play D, thats not far.

Hafner has the highest OPS in AL, he deserves to be there.

Ray Finkle said:
Ortiz and Thome can't play D either but they're on the team. You could use Hafner as a pinch hitter though.

EDIT: Nappy beat me to it.

I agree though Liriano should make the team too, maybe over a White Sox pitcher perhaps.

I agree with the Nomar and Wagner statement.

If the game was meaningless, I would say who cares. Take Hafner.

But this game actually matters now, and you don't want 3 first basemen on this team who look at a glove and laugh!!!!!!!!! I have no problem taking 1 or 2 of those guys, but I don't want 3 of them.

Back
Top Bottom