Official MLB All-Star Thread (?) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official MLB All-Star Thread (?)

ya ok ozzie is taking maggs over travis hafner to replace manny.....hmmmmm i smell a rat!

marke27 said:
ya ok ozzie is taking maggs over travis hafner to replace manny.....hmmmmm i smell a rat!

Well he had to replace an OFer with an OFer. I think Crawford deserved it more than Maggy though.

marke27 said:

I guess you forgot the quotes Ozzie made about Ordonez last season.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Ozzie went off the deep end selecting White Sox. Buehrle and Konerko shouldn't be on the team over Liriano and Hafner.

That's a complete and utter joke...

Buehrle got lit up last start or else his era would be much lower. I think Liriano deserved to go but Konerko deserves to be an all-star over Hafner. Their numbers are similar and Hafner has no chance to play in the field; just like Thome and Ortiz who are having better seasons than Hafner.

djfresh47 said:
Buehrle got lit up last start or else his era would be much lower. I think Liriano deserved to go but Konerko deserves to be an all-star over Hafner. Their numbers are similar and Hafner has no chance to play in the field; just like Thome and Ortiz who are having better seasons than Hafner.

Hafner's numbers are clearly better than Konerko's numbers. Across the board, Hafner is having a better year. Also, when does defense factor into the equation? The other two representatives are full-time DHs, why hold that against Hafner?

FaninPatsyLand said:
Hafner's numbers are clearly better than Konerko's numbers. Across the board, Hafner is having a better year. Also, when does defense factor into the equation? The other two representatives are full-time DHs, why hold that against Hafner?

Jim Thome and David Ortiz are listed as 1st basemen for the all-star game which Hafner would be listed as also so giving the team no true 1st basemen. His numbers are better but defense doesn't mean anything and it's not like he's blowing Konerko away with his numbers. I hate that the All-star game decides homefield but do you want three guys who've barely played in the field all year at 1st late in the game or a guy who plays there everyday? If the AL lost on an error by the 1st basemen Ozzie gets killed for taking 3 DH's and leaving Konerko off the roster. Three full-time DH's and no 1st basemen?

I believe every manager shows favortism when selecting the all-star team. That's not going to change but I think the biggest joke is that player has to go from each team. Mark Redmen is in the game that is all that has to be said. If he gets into the game for a reason other than the AL being blown out and NL players need batting practice it will be a joke.

Nappy Roots said:
far more. pathetic.

Their stats are pretty similar and the Tigers do have the best record in baseball. Magglio and Ozzie are not friends but i'll defend the pick by saying a guy with similar stats on the team with the best record in baseball deserves it more than a guy on a team that has no chance.

djfresh47 said:
Their stats are pretty similar and the Tigers do have the best record in baseball. Magglio and Ozzie are not friends but i'll defend the pick by saying a guy with similar stats on the team with the best record in baseball deserves it more than a guy on a team that has no chance.

Team should have no part of the decision at all..

Higher BA, Higher OPS, more Runs, more hits, 31 more SBs, better glove, much more exicting and disruptive player. theres no way you can make an argument for Maggs.

Nappy Roots said:
Team should have no part of the decision at all..

Higher BA, Higher OPS, more Runs, more hits, 31 more SBs, better glove, much more exicting and disruptive player. theres no way you can make an argument for Maggs.

Maggs does not steal bases. Ordonez is hitting I think like .307 with 15 hr's and Crawford is hitting .322 with like 13 hr's and Maggs has like 12 more rbi's. Ozzie may seem crazy but I think he knows what he is doing and the Tigers have the best record in baseball so guys are going to get the benefit of the doubt if they've got similar numbers to a guy whose teams has no chance at all.

djfresh47 said:
Maggs does not steal bases. Ordonez is hitting I think like .307 with 15 hr's and Crawford is hitting .322 with like 13 hr's and Maggs has like 12 more rbi's. Ozzie may seem crazy but I think he knows what he is doing and the Tigers have the best record in baseball so guys are going to get the benefit of the doubt if they've got similar numbers to a guy whose teams has no chance at all.

Maggs does not steal bases....so therefor its not a factor? :rolleyes2

All around game and stats Maggs can not compare.

ya whats even worse...even thou cappy now made the all star team, phil gardner taking oswalt over him..... now thats pathetic

Nappy Roots said:
Maggs does not steal bases....so therefor its not a factor? :rolleyes2

All around game and stats Maggs can not compare.

The stats do compare except triples and stolen bases. Guys get penalized for being on bad teams and players get rewarded for being on good teams. I think having guys who are playing for something in the All-star game factors in also.

Back
Top Bottom