*** OFFICIAL NEW YORK JETS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** WK18 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL NEW YORK JETS @ MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** WK18

Status
Not open for further replies.
320px-New_York_Jets_logo.svg.png
@
303px-Miami_Dolphins_logo.svg.png

uxYHS3m.jpg

at Hard Rock Stadium
Miami Gardens, Florida

PLAYOFF WATCH
320px-NFL_playoffs_logo_new.svg.png

The Miami Dolphins are currently the 8th seed in the AFC. There are 7 available seeds for playoff positioning.

Miami can clinch the 7th seed with a win and a NE loss vs BUF
OR
a tie, NE loss vs BUF and a PIT loss vs CLE.

Miami is eliminated from playoff contention with a loss or a NE win vs BUF.

TELEVISION
368px-NFL_on_Fox_2014.svg.png

gdWzdsq.png

Kickoff at 1 PM ET

INJURY REPORT
cpQzvvp.png

WEATHER
6qmcutg.png

Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. East wind 5 to 9 mph.
National Weather Service Miami - forecast for Hard Rock Stadium

I know you work hard to put these together each week and we all appreciate it, but I'm going to be a bit selfish and say I hope you have to keep making them this year! Go Phins!
Thanks Thank You GIF by MOODMAN

Do you apply the same considerations for Jones, Jones, Howard, Needham and the multitude of other players who have missed time this year?

Armstead is a Pro Bowler, ranked in the top 15 tackles of the league and has played well for this team even through injury. I would highly disagree he was a mistake.
Guys get injured, its part of the sport, I get it. You have to take things on a case by case basis.

But when it becomes so commonplace that you are surprised when they start, that is a problem. We signed him knowing he has always dealt with injuries.

Look at that list of injuries Armstead is dealing with. He is a trooper, sure, but if he isnt playing, what the hell good is it?

Doubtful isnt a good outlook. We need him tomorrow.

I mean if you are happy with the fact he might not play again, then sure, by all means, do so.

Personally, Im getting tired of bringing in injured players. The risk isnt worth the reward right now.

Guys get injured, its part of the sport, I get it. You have to take things on a case by case basis.

But when it becomes so commonplace that you are surprised when they start, that is a problem. We signed him knowing he has always dealt with injuries.

Look at that list of injuries Armstead is dealing with. He is a trooper, sure, but if he isnt playing, what the hell good is it?

I mean if you are happy with the fact he might not play again, then sure, by all means, do so.

Personally, Im getting tired of bringing in injured players. The risk isnt worth the reward right now.
Unfortunately, there weren't many other options and certainly not any pro bowl options. We got the best player on the market. We took a risk and he has played up to expectations when he's played, unfortunately, that hasn't been often enough.

Lol, have you seen the rest of our roster?!
I know, its a mess. But at some point in time you have to say enough is enough.

Let's take football out of it for a minute. Let's say you own a doughnut shop and hire a few guys to help sell your product.

One guy is AMAZING, sells more than any of the other guys, but he always calls in sick. You never know when he will show up, when he does, he makes you money, but the guy misses half of his shifts every week.

The other guys dont sell as many per shift, but they are reliable, always show up, and at the end of the week they end up selling a very good amount, but they are overworked and every day is like putting out a fire because you are short staffed. In the long run, it ends up costing you customers due to poor service.

Do you keep the star that shows up every now and then? Or do you cut ties and bring in someone more reliable?

From a business standpoint, its a no brainer.

Armstead has only missed 2 weeks.

I guess I don't really see the mistake part of your post. I understand the penchant for injury part of it, but he was signed and played to his contract. What was the mistake part in your view? Was there a better option?

Armstead has only missed 2 weeks.

I guess I don't really see the mistake part of your post. I understand the penchant for injury part of it, but he was signed and played to his contract. What was the mistake part in your view? Was there a better option?
Im pretty sure he has missed more than 2 weeks.

And yes, I know there werent many options at tackle in FA. But just because the bar closes at 3am doesnt mean you need to go home with the fat chick. You can go home alone and find a hook up another night.

And yes, I know there werent many options at tackle in FA. But just because the bar closes at 3am doesnt mean you need to go home with the fat chick. You can go home alone and find a hook up another night.
Man without Armstead I hate to think of what would have happened to Tua. He has literally been the rock of the OL.

And fat chicks need love too. 🤪

I know, its a mess. But at some point in time you have to say enough is enough.

Let's take football out of it for a minute. Let's say you own a doughnut shop and hire a few guys to help sell your product.

One guy is AMAZING, sells more than any of the other guys, but he always calls in sick. You never know when he will show up, when he does, he makes you money, but the guy misses half of his shifts every week.

The other guys dont sell as many per shift, but they are reliable, always show up, and at the end of the week they end up selling a very good amount, but they are overworked and every day is like putting out a fire because you are short staffed. In the long run, it ends up costing you customers due to poor service.

Do you keep the star that shows up every now and then? Or do you cut ties and bring in someone more reliable?

From a business standpoint, its a no brainer.
You had me at doughnuts! :lol:
homer-donut.gif

In total throughout the season I think it's been 3 weeks? But I know for sure he's been hurting and barely if ever practiced. He's great when he plays though and the line as a whole plays better with him in so hes like a superior veteran presence...but damn ....he's not going to get healthier with age and if he's breaking down like this....tough deal for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom