Official NFL Draft Thread: | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official NFL Draft Thread:

There really isn't any option at MLB in this draft that gives us a significant upgrade over Misi.

Kendricks, Dawson, Anthony or Perryman are all better than Misi. The first 3 are solid in coverage and at least Perryman is a tackling machine that thumps.

My tradition is... At every kick off and every first round pick.. Take a shot of mr. Walker. Works every time. Haha

I drink JW every game, it's my tradition, I sneak it it into the stadiums as well. He helps ease the pain or start the party.

Kendricks, Dawson, Anthony or Perryman are all better than Misi. The first 3 are solid in coverage and at least Perryman is a tackling machine that thumps.

Like i said, love Kendricks as a weakside prospect. Got into it with hoopshoops over Kendricks. Disagreed of course, but I don't see Kendricks being that disruptive force up the middle. High production, great in space and nose for the ball, but he struggles against college lineman. I, personally, don't think this bodes well for him sitting in the middle of my 4-3 defense. Can he beef up, sure, but shoops also made the undersized comparison to Mosley from last year. Different body types. Mosley has 2 more inches vertically and longer arms. He's also a MUCH more disruptive player at the LOS and generally just has a greater skill set. I don't see Kendricks being able to add a significant amount of bulk to change the way he handles lineman in the pros. That's why i see him on the weak side.

Perryman is definitely a thumper with good instincts, but for what could be potentially available in round 2 with regards to OG, WR, CB he's a reach to fill a hole in the second. Also a liability in coverage so no added value there.

Paul Dawson, i just don't like what i see. Instincts and play making ability sure, but still a liability in certain aspects that may just be a good college player.

Anthony is a bit of a wild man. Instincts are not really up to par, shows a great ability to blitz, wouldn't say he's fluid in coverage and a bit unconventional.

If I'm looking to slot these guys in at Mike, Kendricks at 47 sure, but i wouldn't reach. Perryman is maybe a late second to third. Anthony and Dawson in the third.

I think we can get better value at 47 because Kendricks will most likely be gone and possibly Perryman as well. And, we don't have a third so I'm not reaching for the other two. Barring trades up or down, maybe this changes. I just don't want to see this team spend a second on a fill-in.

Everyone please start lighting candles, and placing them in front of pictures of St. Lazarus, or something like that.

In past years I would totally oppose a trade down. Why bother when those extra picks we gathered were gonna be garbage anyways? But now? Under this regime? I don't know... I'd be ok with a trade down if the right player isn't available at 14.

It's only round one tonight right? Does anyone watch till the Fins pick and then kinda ignore it afterwards?

I must admit I do kind of lose a bit of interest once we have picked. certainly the excitement is gone. Still watch though to see how the rest of the round pans out, you never know, we might trade back into it, but with no 3rd rounder this year, that's highly unlikely.

I must admit I do kind of lose a bit of interest once we have picked. certainly the excitement is gone. Still watch though to see how the rest of the round pans out, you never know, we might trade back into it, but with no 3rd rounder this year, that's highly unlikely.

im going to bed as soon as we pick, i have to leave for work about 3 hours later lol

My shirt for tonight's mayhem.

photo_zpsodtvfdyc.jpg

Along with 4 friends, we are going to have a Draft Weekend Boss Contest and party.

We pick numbers out of a hat to see who goes first. We pick the positions Miami will draft with 3 picks. The first guy makes his choice, the rest follow, and then the process is reversed.

We follow with a 2nd round bar-b-que. The winner gets to decide what the other 4 will eat, a rib eye, burger, hot dog, simple salad or a plate of beans. They also get to decide what everyone drinks between beer, a gurley drink with an umbrella. iced tea, water or coffee.

The winner decides who eats and drinks what and we repeat the same for round 2. Should be a bit of fun and anger. :)

I already know what the Lions did. They got Ngata from Baltimore who is 90% the player Suh is at 40% the price.

Back
Top Bottom