Official "Other" NBA Teams Thread | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official "Other" NBA Teams Thread

Thank God for the All-Star break.. Bucks are hurting, Ford and Williams both are nursing ankles and hamstrings.. We play a pretty easy schedule after the break, and if we could get it working on the road we could get hot. Since we didn't need a PG, Bogut looks like a great pick, he is already solid and is getting better every night. He would win ROY if it wasn't for some Chris Paul guy..

Evaluating the biggest names likely to be traded

The NBA trade deadline is Feb. 23. While there has been plenty of talk, it is doubtful there will be any major blockbusters. Only a handful of teams appear to have the right combination of motivation and desirable assets. The Nuggets, Knicks, Sonics, Hawks, Magic and Bulls head the list of teams most likely to make a move. Here's a look at 10 top names on the market and where each might end up.

On The Block

p1_stevefrancis-1.jpg

Steve Francis
2005-06 salary: $13.7 million
Remaining contract: three years, $49 million
Potential suitors: Nuggets, Knicks The Magic is taking phone calls for the three-time All-Star, who has played poorly much of the season amid growing frustration with his role. The Nuggets need a shooting guard and have spare assets in Nenê, Earl Watson and Voshon Lenard. But Denver is leery of adding Francis's huge contract without making some other cost-saving moves. The Knicks reportedly covet Watson and might be willing to work some kind of three-way, perhaps involving Jamal Crawford. Or New York might try to land Stevie Franchise straight up for Penny Hardaway's expiring contract. However, Magic assistant G.M. Otis Smith insisted Monday
that Francis is not likely be traded.

p1_paulpierce-1.jpg

Paul Pierce
2005-06 salary: $14.3 million
Remaining contract: two years, $34 million
Potential suitors: T'wolves, Bulls The Celtics swear they're not looking to trade him, but the team is in the midst of a youth movement and would be foolish not to listen to offers. While rumors of a Kevin Garnett swap can be put to rest (at least for this season), it's possible some other team could step up with an offer too good to refuse. The Bulls, for example, could offer a package involving former UConn star Ben Gordon, point guard Chris Duhon, Tim Thomas's expiring contract and a 2006 first-round pick for Pierce and Raef LaFrentz. But Pierce is an All-Star talent, and president Danny Ainge
is not likely to give him up without getting an All-Star in return.

p1_alharrington-1.jpg

Al Harrington
2005-06 salary: $7.0 million
Remaining contract: unrestricted free agent '06
Potential suitors: Bulls, Knicks Every year it seems the Hawks make a trade-deadline deal to clear cap space for the summer, and G.M. Billy Knight might be inclined to do it again. Harrington, a free agent after the season, is the kind of scoring forward who could push a team over the top in a playoff race.

Meanwhile, Atlanta probably doesn't want to re-sign Harrington to big money when it already has Marvin Williams and Josh Smith. The Knicks would love to add Harrington, but they don't have anything the Hawks want. The Bulls have draft picks and young players to dangle, but it is doubtful Chicago sees Harrington as the guy to take them to the next level.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/marty_burns/02/15/trade.tracker/index.html

I think we are set up to beat them this year, but yeah you are right...They are the team to beat even more so then the Pistons. Im just so pumped for the SUNS, 10 games in a row baby!!

bullseyeguy said:
How ya like me now!!! Great win by my SUNS today in Dallas, Big Boris Diaw getting the triple!!! Were going to the finals this year!!!YAY!!
Should be a nice game next week Spurs and Suns down in Phoenix.

bullseyeguy said:
I think we are set up to beat them this year, but yeah you are right...They are the team to beat even more so then the Pistons. Im just so pumped for the SUNS, 10 games in a row baby!!
Suns are playing well right now,but I think my Spurs play a better defense especially on the perimeter which is what you guys like to do.Could be very interesting.

Red-hot Suns burn Mavs for 10th straight win

After completing his second career triple-double, Phoenix Suns center Boris Diaw credited his defense for his strong play.

Diaw had 24 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists, and helped limit Dallas’ Dirk Nowitzki to three points in the fourth quarter as the Suns extended their winning streak to a season-high 10 games with a 115-107 victory over the Mavericks on Sunday.

“Right now the best part of my game is my defense,†said the 6-foot-8 Diaw, who had his hands full guarding the 7-0 Nowitzki. “I’m always guarding players who are bigger and stronger so I try to use my quickness.â€Â

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11687267/

:woot:Lakers sign Jim Jackson, this will add some scoring from someone other than Kobe and Lamar.I'm well aware that we're not Finals bound but I like the pick up, but at 35 I just can't see him helping beyond this season though.Maybe he can help us get past the Suns in the first round:lol: j/k.

bullseyeguy said:

Of course the Spurs are the team to beat: they're the defending champs. The defending champs are the team to beat until it's proven otherwise.

Right now, I like the Spurs a lot. They've got the best record in the west, despite Duncan being hobbled most of the year. If he gets healthy, they're going to roll the Western Conference.

I'm not concerned about the Pistons' recent "slump". They were due for a lull. They're miles ahead of the rest of the East, and still have a game and a half edge on the Spurs for home court in the Finals.

Back
Top Bottom