Official "Other" NBA Teams Thread | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official "Other" NBA Teams Thread

PHINATIC13 said:
:woot:Lakers sign Jim Jackson, this will add some scoring from someone other than Kobe and Lamar.I'm well aware that we're not Finals bound but I like the pick up, but at 35 I just can't see him helping beyond this season though.Maybe he can help us get past the Suns in the first round:lol: j/k.

Might be hard for Jackson to drive to the hoop with that giant pitchfork sticking out of his back.

The guy is D-U-N, done. The Suns are, what, like 6 guys deep? And they've never let go of a quality swingman in their entire existence. If they cut Jackson loose, it's because he's got no game left.

phunwin said:
Might be hard for Jackson to drive to the hoop with that giant pitchfork sticking out of his back.

The guy is D-U-N, done. The Suns are, what, like 6 guys deep? And they've never let go of a quality swingman in their entire existence. If they cut Jackson loose, it's because he's got no game left.

I'm not sure what you consider "never let go of" means but Michael Finley was there's once:tongue: .I don't see JJ as our savior but he will be a veteran presence(helping the younger guys learn the Triangle,which he has played before with Coach Clemons) on what was before his signing the 2nd youngest team in the league.
</IMG>

phunwin said:
Of course the Spurs are the team to beat: they're the defending champs. The defending champs are the team to beat until it's proven otherwise.

Right now, I like the Spurs a lot. They've got the best record in the west, despite Duncan being hobbled most of the year. If he gets healthy, they're going to roll the Western Conference.

I'm not concerned about the Pistons' recent "slump". They were due for a lull. They're miles ahead of the rest of the East, and still have a game and a half edge on the Spurs for home court in the Finals.
Tim Duncan will never be healthy again, hes already plateaued and is on the declining part of his career. I really doubt the Spurs will get out of the west, and if they do I hope to god the Pistons dont make it out of the East. I could do without a finals that is as boring as last years dreadful experience.

phunwin said:
Of course the Spurs are the team to beat: they're the defending champs. The defending champs are the team to beat until it's proven otherwise.

Right now, I like the Spurs a lot. They've got the best record in the west, despite Duncan being hobbled most of the year. If he gets healthy, they're going to roll the Western Conference.

I'm not concerned about the Pistons' recent "slump". They were due for a lull. They're miles ahead of the rest of the East, and still have a game and a half edge on the Spurs for home court in the Finals.

You better have your seat belt ready.

Do you hear that?

PHINATIC13 said:
I'm not sure what you consider "never let go of" means but Michael Finley was there's once:tongue: .I don't see JJ as our savior but he will be a veteran presence(helping the younger guys learn the Triangle,which he has played before with Coach Clemons) on what was before his signing the 2nd youngest team in the league.
</IMG>

Here's the problem with JJ: he's either a 2 or 3. The Lakers' two best players are Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom...who play the 2 and the 3. I guess I don't blame the Lakers to the extent that Jackson might actually be the 3rd or 4th best guy on the team at this point, but that's mostly due to the absolutely craptacular players they've got after Bryant and Odom. Would anyone on the Lakers, save Bryant and Odom, even be in an 8 man rotation for any of the top 10 teams in the league? I doubt it.

Point taken about Finley, although I meant that the Suns never cut loose a good swingman. That team has historically been best when they've had a point guard, 3 swingmen and a power forward masquerading as a center. In any event, they've got virtually no bench to speak of, and they still cut Jackson loose. I mean, that tells me that either: a. the Suns front office is filled with idiots, or b. Jackson's tank is on E. Your call.

phunwin said:
In any event, they've got virtually no bench to speak of, and they still cut Jackson loose.
This proves you have no idea what you are talking about
Starters:
Steve Nash
Shawn Marion
Boris Diaw
Raja Bell
James Jones
Bench:
Tim Thomas
Eddie House
Leandro Barbosa
Thats our regular 8-man as of now, but lets not forget who we have on the IL:
Amare Stoudemire
Kurt Thomas
Brian Grant

So when healthy we've got as good a bench as anyone in the league. Even with 2 of our starters out, we have a solid 8 man rotation...

bullseyeguy said:
Starters:
Steve Nash
Shawn Marion
Boris Diaw
Raja Bell
James Jones
Bench:
Tim Thomas
Eddie House
Leandro Barbosa
Amare Stoudemire
Kurt Thomas
Brian Grant

So when healthy we've got as good a bench as anyone in the league. Even with 2 of our starters out, we have a solid 8 man rotation...

He is right. The Suns have the best bench in basketball really. what is funny is that Detroit's bench is the weak one here...and the Detroit fan is telling the guy who is a fan of the team with the best bench in the NBA that his bench sucks....:sidelol:

bullseyeguy said:
Starters:
Steve Nash
Shawn Marion
Boris Diaw
Raja Bell
James Jones
Bench:
Tim Thomas
Eddie House
Leandro Barbosa
Amare Stoudemire
Kurt Thomas
Brian Grant

Dude, no one's dissing the Suns. Relax. The point I was making was that right now, the Suns aren't a very deep team, and despite that they released Jackson. That tells me he's obviously not very good. Obviously, injuries are a problem...and that's why they're not very deep. If Jackson had any game left at all, the Suns would have hung onto him. Once they get Stoudemire and K.Thomas back, they're in great shape and have a very strong 9-10 man rotation. But right now, they're not a very deep team, and fortunately they've got their top 5 guys playing excellent ball. T.Thomas has been a great find, too, thus far.

And yes, I'm well aware Detroit's bench is a problem. Delfino and Hunter can defend, Evans can score, but only McDyess actually has a complete game.

phunwin said:
Here's the problem with JJ: he's either a 2 or 3. The Lakers' two best players are Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom...who play the 2 and the 3. I guess I don't blame the Lakers to the extent that Jackson might actually be the 3rd or 4th best guy on the team at this point, but that's mostly due to the absolutely craptacular players they've got after Bryant and Odom. Would anyone on the Lakers, save Bryant and Odom, even be in an 8 man rotation for any of the top 10 teams in the league? I doubt it.

Point taken about Finley, although I meant that the Suns never cut loose a good swingman. That team has historically been best when they've had a point guard, 3 swingmen and a power forward masquerading as a center. In any event, they've got virtually no bench to speak of, and they still cut Jackson loose. I mean, that tells me that either: a. the Suns front office is filled with idiots, or b. Jackson's tank is on E. Your call.

Also Phil the Lakers frequently have Kobe or Lamar bring the ball up court a lot ,so JJ(at the #1 spot) could actually be in the game with Kobe at times imo.

PHINATIC13 said:
Also Phil the Lakers frequently have Kobe or Lamar bring the ball up court a lot ,so JJ(at the #1 spot) could actually be in the game with Kobe at times imo.

Well, if they want to use JJ to take advantage of the open looks Kobe creates, that could work, but I still don't think he'll help them much.

Boston beats Wizards in OT on Pierce's buzzer-beater

Paul Pierce knew he was going to take the last shot.

Once again the Celtics' forward delivered, hitting a fade-away 22-footer at the buzzer in overtime to give the Celtics a 116-115 win over the Washington Wizards on Tuesday night.

"I just knew I wanted the ball to take the last shot regardless, whether they double-teamed or triple-teamed," Pierce said. "I got a good look once I jumped up and rose above the crowd, and I knocked down the shot."
Pierce finished with 31 points, including Boston's last seven points in overtime, to secure the win. He's now scored 30 points or more in 12 of his past 13 games, a stretch during which the Celtics have gone 7-6.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/03/07/bc.bkn.celtics.wizards.ap/index.html

Jazz owner rips team -- after 90-85 win over Magic

Since the Utah Jazz couldn't make a basket down the stretch, Andrei Kirilenko made certain the Orlando Magic didn't even have a shot in the final seconds.

Kirilenko blocked Jameer Nelson's potential game-tying shot with 9.5 seconds left, then knocked the ball away as DeShawn Stevenson rose to shoot a 3-pointer with 2.6 seconds remaining to help the Utah Jazz hold off the Orlando Magic 90-85 on Monday night.

"Jameer drove the baseline and I saw that nobody could help. He was kind of open, so I just made a couple of steps and jumped. It was a good floater, so it was hard for me to block it. I just caught it at the right time," Kirilenko said.

Mehmet Okur scored 22 points for the Jazz, who squandered a 20-point lead and made just one field goal in the fourth quarter on 14 attempts.
The fourth-quarter meltdown didn't go unnoticed by Utah Jazz owner Larry Miller, who walked across the floor with 26 seconds to glare at the players and then had some pointed comments for the team in the locker room after the game.

"They are a bunch of pampered babies," Miller told the media. "We need some guys with some guts and some fire down the stretch. It wouldn't hurt me to turn over all 15 guys, but the trading deadline has passed and there's nothing we can do."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/03/07/bc.bkn.magic.jazz.ap/index.html

Lakers B****Slapped San Antonio in Texas 100-92 .Lakers are one of only 5-6 teams to have beaten both SA and Detroit this season.It may not sound like much but it's good to know that your team can at times play the and beat the NBA elite.I still think it would be a monumental accomplishment to get out of the first round this year but it's encouraging anyway.

PHINATIC13 said:
Lakers B****Slapped San Antonio in Texas 100-92 .Lakers are one of only 5-6 teams to have beaten both SA and Detroit this season.It may not sound like much but it's good to know that your team can at times play the and beat the NBA elite.I still think it would be a monumental accomplishment to get out of the first round this year but it's encouraging anyway.
We cant seem to pull it together in back to backs.Might be age.I dont know.I think w'ell pull it together the last month.We need to play better tho.

finzforever3000 said:
We cant seem to pull it together in back to backs.Might be age.I dont know.I think w'ell pull it together the last month.We need to play better tho.

Yeah it's age(experience) imo still it would be awfully tough to past the Suns or Spurs in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom