Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
nephinsfan said:
Are you saying that the Colts Offense cannot put points on the board based off of a game that was played a year ago?...........ummm.....ok...If you say so chief.

Missing the point: I'm saying the "usual suspects" still play for the Colts, and those "usual suspects" seem to have a way of choking come the big game :titanic: . Of course, that's just their track record, it doesn't mean anything in the same vein that you'd probably hire a guy with multiple DUIs to drive a school bus :googly: . Of course, we might have to wait until the AFCCG to get the chance to witness them "spinning out" again.

OK, so the Bengals were not a good team when dillon was there...Funny How I do not remember Barry Sanders causing problems in the Lions locker room or shooting his mouth off to the media...or throwing temper tantrums...But I guess he just was not as good as Dillon

Whether Sanders was better than Dillon has no relevance to this discussion :down: . Dillon is not without fault, but it is not difficult with a little bit of empathy to understand his frustration, just as if Sanders would have attempted to do the same thing in Detriot. Hell, Ray Bourque had a hand in orchestrating his trade from the Bruins and 99% of New England sympathized with him leaving the organization and even cheered on the Avalanche in the NHL playoffs. But I guess you've never been trapped in a crappy situation that was only going to get crappier and felt frustrated? :confused: Dillon: perfect - no, forgivable with time - yes.

And what exactly are you contributing to this web site besides your one sided views on how you think your team can walk on water? You come over here and you have this "I am better than anyone here" attitude on a rival teams web site and use the same reasons over and over again an why you think that the pats are going to win.......

At least I back up my opinions with a little more than "I do not need to google anything about any pats player because #1 I could care less who they have on the field as long as they are losing." 'Nuff said. Another irony is the "I hate every Patriots-related" one-trick-pony-that-you-are calling me repetitive: priceless :lol:. You have my promise I will work harder on my posts to further educate you (and I'm speaking directly to you, not the entire Fins board, so that I don't come off as arrogant) in the future :whip: .

I don't believe the Pats walk on water, but I do believe they run a class organization, which could be used a model (and is around the league) for others. And for the record, if I come off with a "I am better than anyone here" attitude to you, you might want to do a little introspection as to why you feel this way :mirror: .

Funny thing that I just cannot get by is that all the new england fans keep telling everyone how this is not the pats of the beginning of the season and how we should all forget how they played then and look at how they are playing now....yet....every time someone brings up the colts, they all say "Look what happened last year" ...ok, look what happened on Monday night this year in YOUR house. I know I know....Tedy was not there......How could i forget...Now that he is back he is going singlehandedly take on the Colts entire O line and wreak havoc on Manning...Hell why is Belichick even putting the other ten guys out there...they should just let Bruschi do it all. I mean he should have time to do that and rescue the burning puppies in the car right????

I was only responding to this question (below). And I don't believe the topic has been beaten to death yet.

Originally Posted by The New Guy
Besides Richard Seymour, who are the impact players for NE that were injured before, but are healthy now?

The New Guy brings insight to this thread and is appreciated :up: . You have not that I have seen recently. If you care to stop your hating and partake in educating us NE arrogant pricks OR learning something yourself by asking critical questions of us, please do.

And why am i being hypocritcal because I am a phins fan from Maine? I would be if I was on some lame patsy web site posting thoughts but like I have said before, I have no desire to go to any pats or jets or bills or any other teams site. and the last time that I checked, the Phins had one of largest countrywide fan bases in the NFL and that was proven at this years HOF induction. Hell I met a Phins fan from Idaho.....I think that was the first person that I have ever even met from Idaho and I spent ten years in the Military.

The Fins have a heck of a fan base, many of them at-first bandwagoners who were attracted to the team from years of winning, much like the fan base the Pats are starting to attract now. It comes with the territory, and I can understand if not respect that. I was there sitting in old Foxboro stadium during the dark days: the 1-15 days, the Victor Kiam days, the Patrick Sullivan days, the Parcells-mailing-in-the-SB days, the meet-me-in-Saint-Louis days, the players-coked-up-during-the-games days...and I'm going to enjoy this little respite with the Pats on top b/c I realize everything is cyclical in life and eventually somebody's going to come along to knock the Champs off the wall.

The term, "Lame patsy website" is once again indicative of your nature.

Your posts come off arrogant. You come off arrogant. but after being surrounded by pats fans my whole life (well, actually they never really came out of the woodwork til five years ago) I have come to expect it from them.

Yes, ignorance will bequeath intolerance and jealousy of things foreign.

and for the record...did you really say "toodles"?

Yes. Ta-ta. ;) I will be here on this thread off-and-on until the end of the NE season, win or lose, if anybody wants to discuss football.

Originally Posted by nephinsfan
who cares. It is very unlikely that the pats are going to lose out with the jets on their schedule, and I do not care what anyone says, I think he is overrated. Remember the days when Marino and Montana and yes even jim kelly (barf) used to just light up the skies!!!! the air attack seemed so much more prevalant during those years. These days it seems like QB's that just manage the game well enough not to lose and QB's that run get all the glory and MVP Awards.

Ty Law should have received one of Brady's SB MVP awards and that is fact.

The guy just does not amaze me when I watch hiim play. and if he gets rattled, he is all done. look at last years monday night game and this years KC game, pressure him to throw early and he is junk. Pats fans will deny this and claim that he is the second coming of Joe Montana, but he is not. he is average.

How many SB's do you think that Marino or Kelly would have won if they would have had the defense that Romeo Crennell put together?

Defense wins campionships, it is cliche, but it is true. look at the 85 bears.....besides Payton, was there any other offensive superstar? do you really think Jim McMahon was a great QB? or even the Ravens.....all defense. unless of course yoiu think that trent dilfer is great.

point is, put Brady on the Raiders and see what he would do...put him on the Bills or hell even on the phins and see what he would do......Average. just like he has done this year....average. they have beaten the teams that they should have beaten and they have been slaughtered by the good teams.

I am tired of his arrogance too. did you see him on NFLTA last night....This might be petty, but since when has it been ok to be on national TV and call your coach only by his last name? he kept referring to him as Belicheck......disrespectful I think.

that and his little temper tantrums that he throws when he loses. all around I just hate the guy. Not because he is a Patsy either....I like troy Brown and I like Asante Samuel....I just hate brady, Bruschi and vrabel....and while we are at it, harrison is walking piece of whale scrotum.:)

Wandering athol
The above copied post from(Brady questionable vs. Bucs) kinds of sums up the mentality of the fan your trying to have an intelligent discussion with. He bases everything off from hate and bitterness and he lives in a world void of common sense.

MR NFLFAN said:
Wandering athol
The above copied post from(Brady questionable vs. Bucs) kinds of sums up the mentality of the fan your trying to have an intelligent discussion with. He bases everything off from hate and bitterness and he lives in a world void of common sense.

I'm still hoping he'll come around (hell, even his comments you've listed above show at least signs of intelligent debate, in-between the spewing of hatred). I view myself as a missionary on this board, trying to educate natives like nephinsfan that there can be discussion of all kinds (even opposing viewpoints :mg: ) without immediately resorting to mudslinging, off-the-cuff shallow drivel, and jingoistic orthodoxy.

Discuss football with a pats fan. Like squeezing blood from a turnip. none of you can pull your heads out of Brady's butt long enough to get air let alone have a discussion about the game itself. Those are some big words that are using there. reminds me of something i heard once....."you can sprinkle sugar on crap, and you still have crap"

nephinsfan said:
Discuss football with a pats fan. Like squeezing blood from a turnip. none of you can pull your heads out of Brady's butt long enough to get air let alone have a discussion about the game itself. Those are some big words that are using there. reminds me of something i heard once....."you can sprinkle sugar on crap, and you still have crap"

Tell you what, I will pull my head from Brady's butt if you pull your head from you own.

Pats are probably wishing they drew Indy this round... Denver might be a tougher nut to crack right now... Although, as we showed, rattle Plummer, you rattle the Broncos... And Belichik is certainly capable of rattling an opposing QB... I'll take the Pats plus the points, no doubt...

Wandering Athol said:
I view myself as a missionary on this board, trying to educate natives like nephinsfan that there can be discussion of all kinds (even opposing viewpoints :mg: ) without immediately resorting to mudslinging, off-the-cuff shallow drivel, and jingoistic orthodoxy.

Good luck with all that. I'm not sure what jingoistic orthodoxy is or why anyone would resort to it imediately, but you can't even escape mudslinging and shallow drivel between us phin fans, much less a pat fan.

PressCoverage said:
Pats are probably wishing they drew Indy this round... Denver might be a tougher nut to crack right now... Although, as we showed, rattle Plummer, you rattle the Broncos... And Belichik is certainly capable of rattling an opposing QB... I'll take the Pats plus the points, no doubt...

The Pats are getting three at Denver, so essentially the line is saying that the Champs and Denver are even matchups after adjusting for home field (although Denvers HFA may actually be more than 3 points considering their success at home). Based on the regular season records, Denver's previous victory over the Pats this season, and the BYE week advantage for Denver, I do not think this is a good bet, taking the points. I think lots of national media "talking heads" have jumped on the Pats bandwagon and moved this line too much in NE's favor. Actual cash bets themselves, from what I can see on-line, are also 2:1 in favor of the Pats.

I am a Pats' homer, but those are not a good "betting man's" odds. All that money coming in, and the line hasn't moved? (Although 3s a tough mark to unanchor, I think I know what Vega$ is thinking.) If this is as close of a game as the line is indicating, I like Brady & the Pats outright vs. Plummer & the Broncs, which is where I'm leaning towards putting my money - the money line +145. :2c:

I tend to think it'll be a close one. But if it is a blowout, the Pats will be the one blowing out Denver.

There's got to be something to the fact that Denver has been BLOWN out of the playoffs the past 2 years that goes beyond, "Indy owns them." But I could be wrong.

Wandering Athol said:
I tend to think it'll be a close one. But if it is a blowout, the Pats will be the one blowing out Denver.

There's got to be something to the fact that Denver has been BLOWN out of the playoffs the past 2 years that goes beyond, "Indy owns them." But I could be wrong.

Once again a pats fan using the past as an example of how their opponent should play now, all while using the argument that the pats are a different team now than they were 8 weeks ago.

Using your logic, should'nt there be something to the fact that the Broncos beat the Pats already this year?

I have to say that it should be a great game...

Shannahan has BBs number, in that he is 3-1 against the Brady led Pats over the last 4 years (2-1 in Denver)...

Of course this is BB's 1st year against Plummer, and he performed well (amazingly), but to his credit he has done real well this year...

In this game, the Pats Defense will have to show up if they expect to win, but for the most part, the Pats D have given up an average of 27 points per game against Denver (during 01-03)... a time where the Pats had good defenses and no injuries issues...

Disnardo said:
I have to say that it should be a great game...

Shannahan has BBs number, in that he is 3-1 against the Brady led Pats over the last 4 years (2-1 in Denver)...

Of course this is BB's 1st year against Plummer, and he performed well (amazingly), but to his credit he has done real well this year...

In this game, the Pats Defense will have to show up if they expect to win, but for the most part, the Pats D have given up an average of 27 points per game against Denver (during 01-03)... a time where the Pats had good defenses and no injuries issues...

Do not waste your time, did you not know that you are not allowed to use the past as an example unless it is in the pats favor? sheesh....where have you been!:sidelol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom