Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New Guy said:
In my opinion Bruschi ... [is] not [an] impact player[].

Hmmm... Bruschi is an odd player. His play to play performance as a LB is nothing more than mediocre - average. On the other hand, there's no denying that each year over the last several years, he has managed to come up with game changing take aways or forced turnovers at critical times that have been, collectively, difference making plays for the Pats' seasons.

NE will beat the donkeys as some of you like to call them simply because the Pats will stop the Denver running game and Tom Brady will tear up the below average Bronco pass defense

Agua said:
Hmmm... Bruschi is an odd player. His play to play performance as a LB is nothing more than mediocre - average. On the other hand, there's no denying that each year over the last several years, he has managed to come up with game changing take aways or forced turnovers at critical times that have been, collectively, difference making plays for the Pats' seasons.

I agree with you. Bruschi has made big plays in the past. I was saying that I did not think that Bruschi (being injured) would be an impact player for the game against the Broncos.

The New Guy said:
I agree with you. Bruschi has made big plays in the past. I was saying that I did not think that Bruschi (being injured) would be an impact player for the game against the Broncos.
he may not be but like Zach Thomas for us the whole D plays better with him on the field. he is a great leader

The New Guy said:
Welcome back!

Thanks. I'm hoping to stick around for a few more weeks ;). Did you read my "Open letter to Fins fans?"

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=116932

I was not specifically talking about the last time the Pats played the Broncos all the way back in week 6. I was asking what impact players are back from injury that all of the sudden make NE back to Super Bowl form. Just because the Pats beat some below average teams towards the end of their schedule does not mean that they are Super Bowl contenders. The Pats did not look so great the last time they played a good KC team, and I believe they had most of the players you mentioned before playing in that game.

Ahh, but the list of players I gave you IS the relevant list :tongueout . Just like the Pats will have to deal with Bailey this time around, Denver will have to adjust to a near 40% turnover on the defense (all for the better), and Brady will have a full arsenal. I don't know exactly why, but with Brown/Dillon/Faulk/etc. out earlier in the year, the Pats' playcalling went to sheeet (probably the downside of not having an experienced Offensive Coordinator). To say Faulk, Brown, and Bruschi are not impact players for the Pats is pure drivel, BTW :shakeno:. Just take a look at last Saturday: Faulk (10 touches, 96 yards), Brown (1 TD, 4 tackles). Bruschi averaged 7 tackles/game during the regular season and is the undisputed leader of the D (Biesel and C Brown are not in his class at LB).

As for the KC game, the D, despite what the stats may infer, actually played OK (not great) that game. The were fierce in the Red Zone, making the #1 NFL offense settle for 4 FGs that game. They lost that game primarily because of the O. Dillon, Faulk, and Givens were all out that game, and the playcalling, quite simply, sucked :nono: .

As for the Colts, I do not think they will have any trouble taking care of the Steelers. If I was a Pats fan, I would be more worried about the Pats coming out of the Broncos game without injury. We all know about the Broncos O-line blocking schemes. The Pats are not that good and there is no way they will make it to the Super Bowl. I think the Broncos will end this debate for me, but if they don’t, the Colts will end it for sure.

Maybe you didn't watch the Pitt-Cincy game :tsk: ? You' right about one thing though: the Broncos O-line is one of the, if not the, dirtiest in the game: their reputation precedes them.

And I'm sure if the Pats beat Den and Indy, you be back here to tell me that they just don't have what it takes to beat Sea or Chi or whoever the NFC dredges up to play in the SB, eh? :tongue:

Wandering Athol said:
Thanks. I'm hoping to stick around for a few more weeks ;). Did you read my "Open letter to Fins fans?"

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=116932

No, I did not get to read that until now. I must say that I think that was the longest post I have ever read. It had some good stuff in it though.:) I Hope you will make a few post if the Pats lose to the Broncos on Saturday. I am very interested in what you would have to say.

Wandering Athol said:
Ahh, but the list of players I gave you IS the relevant list :tongueout . Just like the Pats will have to deal with Bailey this time around, Denver will have to adjust to a near 40% turnover on the defense (all for the better), and Brady will have a full arsenal. I don't know exactly why, but with Brown/Dillon/Faulk/etc. out earlier in the year, the Pats' playcalling went to sheeet (probably the downside of not having an experienced Offensive Coordinator). To say Faulk, Brown, and Bruschi are not impact players for the Pats is pure drivel, BTW :shakeno:. Just take a look at last Saturday: Faulk (10 touches, 96 yards), Brown (1 TD, 4 tackles). Bruschi averaged 7 tackles/game during the regular season and is the undisputed leader of the D (Biesel and C Brown are not in his class at LB).

Faulk did have a great game against the Jags, but with Bruschi banged up I just don’t see him, and the other players having much of an impact in this game. We will see in about 4 days though.

Wandering Athol said:
Maybe you didn't watch the Pitt-Cincy game :tsk:

I saw the Pitt game, and I don’t think that they would have won if Palmer was the QB. I really think the Colts will win that game by double digits.

Wandering Athol said:
And I'm sure if the Pats beat Den and Indy, you be back here to tell me that they just don't have what it takes to beat Sea or Chi or whoever the NFC dredges up to play in the SB, eh? :tongue:

You can’t seriously believe that is going to happen… can you? You must be watching a different Pats team than I have been watching. Seriously though, If the Pats did beat the Broncos and Colts, I would give them any and all credit that they would be deserving of. I am not trying to put your team down or anything, but I really believe that the Pats run is over.

The New Guy said:
No, I did not get to read that until now. I must say that I think that was the longest post I have ever read. It had some good stuff in it though.

That's kids' stuff. Check out some of my posts on http://www.patriotsplanet.com .

I Hope you will make a few post if the Pats lose to the Broncos on Saturday. I am very interested in what you would have to say.

I will come back for my descension back into reality ;) if that happens. I was here after the Miami loss. I may be a homer, but I'm not the fair-weather type.
BTW: I hammered the Pats on my home message board after the Saints (win) and KC (loss): I know good football when I see it. If the Pats lose, it'll suck, but I'll still be buying my season tickets next year. Can't win them all (although the Pats have been close the last 5 years).

Faulk did have a great game against the Jags, but with Bruschi banged up I just don’t see him, and the other players having much of an impact in this game. We will see in about 4 days though.

If Bruschi can't play, I'm not sure they can win this game without the help of something extraordinary happening. The Broncos will simply pound it out over Biesel or C Brown all day.

I saw the Pitt game, and I don’t think that they would have won if Palmer was the QB. I really think the Colts will win that game by double digits.

I wasn't referring to whether Pitt would've won or not. I was referring to the injuries Cincy sustained. Indy still needs to come out of that game healthy - knock Harrison, Manning, or Edge out, and it's a different ballgame. "Anything can happen, and ususally does" kind of thinking.

You can’t seriously believe that is going to happen… can you? You must be watching a different Pats team than I have been watching. Seriously though, If the Pats did beat the Broncos and Colts, I would give them any and all credit that they would be deserving of. I am not trying to put your team down or anything, but I really believe that the Pats run is over.

Could be, but if the Pats can take this one, then I REALLY do believe they can win in Indy. The Pats are peaking at the right time - do not understimate the affect of that. :tsk:

nephinsfan said:
I really do not think that the steelers are going to pose to much of a threat to the Colts you are talking about a team that basically has near three weeks of rest playing in the dome.

And that may actually play out to be a disadvantage by the time all is said and done. Indy's offense is predicated on timing and precision, and they haven't had it together in GAMETIME conditions, for FIVE weeks now, if you go back to the SD game. That's the equivalent of USC or UT waiting for the Rose Bowl: there might be some rust to shake off. Indy's D is built as a front-running unit: if Indy's O is rusty and the Steelers can keep it close going into the 3rd, GAME ON, because Pitts going to wear down that D eventually if Indy can't get a lead and force Pitt into abandoning the running game.

I say all that, and I still can't see Pitt winning this one...unless something extraordinary (e.g. "the Carson Palmer scenario") happening.

I also do not think that the pats front seven are a match for Denver O line and running game. you can fall into the media hype and think that Bruschi is back to where he was a year ago but he is not.

I agree, he is not. But he is league's better than either of his replacements, and without him the Pats still held JAX (which is a middle-of-the-road NFL offense) to 3 points. And they manged to hold the #1 NFL offense's Larry Johnson (in a loss), to his lowest ypc as a starter this season, in which the teams he faced BTW included the #2 (Chargers) and #8 (Dolphins) in defensive ypc rankings. Yes, I'd say (Pats #4) they're a good match for Denver; in fact, I'd be downright shocked if the Broncos average over 4 ypc this time around.

We all knew that the Bucs and Jags were hoax and they showed in the playoffs.

We all did? Sure, if you say so; I'm sure you've got a post somewhere on this board that'll back you up, right? I'll bet you also predicted the Eagles would go to the SB this year. :lol:

No one and I mean NO ONE is even talking about the Broncos.

It only matters if they've got the Patriots' respect, which I'm sure they do. I think they're THE team to beat, not Indy.

( I am just curious to see how Belichick is going to bend the rules this time) as long as the pats do not get there normal phantom calls and the ball bouncing there way like it always seems to do, they will be headed home for good this week.

Good teams get good breaks - been happening as long as I can remember following sports.

Aside: I anxiously await what Belichick's going to think of next as well. The man is a football genius in case you haven't already heard. ;)

It has been proven that all you have to do is pressure Brady and get in his face and he will panic and make mistakes (see monday night game vs phins last year and the KC game this year) you can bet that they are going to be sending the house alot and I expect Denvers DB's to get a couple of pics.

Yup, that's all you have to do. Jag's were 3rd in the NFL in sacks coming into last Saturday; lotta good that did :sidelol:. The Broncos? 29th, but I'm sure they'll just turn it up now that they're in the playoffs. ;)

Dillon is slowly making that transformation back to the punk that he was in Cinci,

Really, why do you say that? Was he really that much of a punk in his 7 seasons in Cincy, or was the Cincy organization itself the real punk.

Now, if by the sake of some miracle (or BS penalty) they happen to win that game.....do you honestly think that they are going to go INTO INDI and win?

Yes, (attaching my aluminum foil hat) :billfan: there is a CONSPIRACY to keep the Pats on top. There, I've finally said it on a message board, so it must be true. :tongue: And, there's still a chance, last time I checked, that Pitt will have to come to Foxboro instead.

This year? dwight freeney will make the guy that took Matt lights place his personal beeatch and be in Brady will be running for his life all day.

Everyone listen up. This is what I call the classic "lazy, ignorant" post that will kill a message board over time.

:whip: First, do a little research and find out who Light's replacement is. Second, do a little more research and find out how that replacement fared the last time he faced Freeney. Nope, I'm not doing it for you. Google away Rob.

This is a different Colts team than last year and it is a different pats team than last year.

Could be deja vu, but I believe I heard this in 2003 and 2004. Here's one for ya: combined final score in Indy's final games the last 3 years combined? 85-17. :whip2:

This is the year of "CUT THAT MEAT" and I do not see anyone taking it from them. (maybe the pats can sign Ty Law if they make it to Indi so he can rape Marvin Harrison all day and never get called for it)

No, the Pats already did that. I'm sure that genius Belichick :evil: will think of something deviously refreshing....like winning three in a row perhaps? :eek:

Wandering Athol said:

I will come back for my descension back into reality ;) if that happens. I was here after the Miami loss. I may be a homer, but I'm not the fair-weather type.
BTW: I hammered the Pats on my home message board after the Saints (win) and KC (loss): I know good football when I see it. If the Pats lose, it'll suck, but I'll still be buying my season tickets next year. Can't win them all (although the Pats have been close the last 5 years).

That is good to hear. I will be here as well. I am sure that I have said enough about the Pats in this thread that will make me look very foolish if they make it to the Super Bowl. It will be fun to watch the next couple of playoff games.

It must be "special" to live in a dream land like yourself.

you can not base Indi's performance in years past or even the last five games of the season on what they are going to do in the playoffs....after all is that not what you pats fans are crying about? How many pats fans have I seen on this board saying "This is a different team than it was six weeks ago, so do not base thier earlier play on what they are going to do now" Yet, that is EXACTLY what all the pats fans are doing to Indi?????? makes sense if you live in the delusional world that most pats fans do.

I do not need to google anything about any pats player because #1 I could care less who they have on the field as long as they are losing.

OK, so now that Dillon is a patriot, it was all the Bengals fault? I guess when he was causing problems in the locker room while he was there it was all the bengals fault...funny I have listened to sports radio for many years now and i can remember hearing them and pats fans and hell all fans around the league talking about him in a similar way that they are speaking of T.O. But I guess if he were to become a Patriot, It would have been all Philly's fault to.

and yup, I said in a thread earlier that the jags would win.....ya know why. because I wanted them to. I do not bet on games so I say who I WANT to win. all in all I could really care less. My team is not involved, I am not on another teams message board posting rants about my team because that has just never really made sense to me, but I guess some of you get off on it...either that or your message boards just suck.

nephinsfan said:
I do not need to google anything about any pats player because #1 I could care less who they have on the field as long as they are losing.

Sig material up for grabs. :lol:

nephinsfan said:
and yup, I said in a thread earlier that the jags would win.....ya know why. because I wanted them to. I do not bet on games so I say who I WANT to win. all in all I could really care less. My team is not involved, I am not on another teams message board posting rants about my team because that has just never really made sense to me, but I guess some of you get off on it...either that or your message boards just suck.

Your team is not involved in this discussion yet here you are. Is it worse to go on another team's messageboard and talk football or to troll on your own board? I would say #2 which is the route you seem to have taken. I say that because every once in a while you do discuss football, but most of the time you say untrue facts and insult people.

nephinsfan said:
It must be "special" to live in a dream land like yourself.

Yes, I am a transplanted New Englander, living in Virginia...it is kind of like a dreamland: watching the Pats dominate the NFL, traveling up to the marquee games as a season ticket holder, but not having to deal with 6-month winters and all the Democrats. :)

Strike that, I think you're refering to my previous post, where I pointed out some of the potential flaws in your logic, your Monday morning quarterbacking brilliance, the unbalanced opinions you maintain based upon your jealousy of the Pats, your delusional paranoia, my appreciation for the diligent work that goes into your posts :lol:, and your inability to make persuasive, legitimate statements. BUT, I did kind of agree with you on a few points. ;) I guess that's why I'm "special" to you. Thanks. :hug:

you can not base Indi's performance in years past or even the last five games of the season on what they are going to do in the playoffs....after all is that not what you pats fans are crying about?

Ummm, I believe the same core group of players, especially on offense, is still on this Indy team, so yes, I will base their performance somewhat on years past :up: . I don't care how much the D has improved, you still got to put some points up on the board. Please reference 1/16/05 for additional reading material (more homework for you).

How many pats fans have I seen on this board saying "This is a different team than it was six weeks ago, so do not base thier earlier play on what they are going to do now" Yet, that is EXACTLY what all the pats fans are doing to Indi?????? makes sense if you live in the delusional world that most pats fans do.

Nope. To understand this next part you're going to have to concentrate, so bear with me. I think most Pats fans are merely trying to draw a distinction between the first Denver game played in Week 6 and the one this weekend (Week 19), inasmuch that the Pats starting lineup has dramatically changed for the better. On the other hand, I can hardly think of a reason as to why Indy has gotten any better during the past 5 weeks (feel free to help me out here), but I can sure think of a few as to why they might be a little worse off, at least temporarily.

What exactly are you trying to do here, besides point out that you're not making much of an effort to contribute anything useful to this thread? I do enjoy your bitterness though, so please, PLEASE, keep posting. :shakeno:

OK, so now that Dillon is a patriot, it was all the Bengals fault? I guess when he was causing problems in the locker room while he was there it was all the bengals fault...funny I have listened to sports radio for many years now and i can remember hearing them and pats fans and hell all fans around the league talking about him in a similar way that they are speaking of T.O. But I guess if he were to become a Patriot, It would have been all Philly's fault to.

I seem to remember someone pointing out last Sunday that the Cincy organization hadn't hosted a playoff game since 1990 (the Boomer days...that's the blonde guy who sits near Marino on the pre-game show :up: ). Dillon put in 6 good years there, got sick of the organization's BS and losing ways, saw the writing on the wall in the form of Rudi Johnson, thought he had a few good seasons left in him to offer to a winning organization, and orchestrated/influenced his way out in after his 7th year (and accompanying 8000 yards). Is he without fault? No, but his situation's a lot more forgiving than T.O.'s. - and the Philly organization shares some fault in that one as well IMO ("you keep a rattlesnake for a pet, and one of these days, it's going to bite you" - Mike Ditka)

and yup, I said in a thread earlier that the jags would win.....ya know why. because I wanted them to. I do not bet on games so I say who I WANT to win. all in all I could really care less.

Why did you want the Jags to win? Wouldn't be your obsession with the Pats by any chance? :tongue: Just give in and become a fan, no one would notice - you're already in NE. All would be forgiven in time.

My team is not involved, I am not on another teams message board posting rants about my team because that has just never really made sense to me, but I guess some of you get off on it...either that or your message boards just suck.

From your myopic viewpoint :adfin: , I can see why that doesn't make sense, but I must say that that opinion seems a little hypocritical coming from a Fins fan living in Maine. You ever heard of diversity of opinion creating better understanding?

I believe I am posting in the "Beast of the AFC East" forum and minding my manners for the most part. Don't like it, stay off the thread.

Pats' message boards are just fine, and I usually extend invitations to fans from other fan boards to post their thoughts on their teams there. Key word: usually. Toodles.

Are you saying that the Colts Offense cannot put points on the board based off of a game that was played a year ago?...........ummm.....ok...If you say so chief. :confused:

OK, so the Bengals were not a good team when dillon was there...Funny How I do not remember Barry Sanders causing problems in the Lions locker room or shooting his mouth off to the media...or throwing temper tantrums...But I guess he just was not as good as Dillon:shakeno:

And what exactly are you contributing to this web site besides your one sided views on how you think your team can walk on water? You come over here and you have this "I am better than anyone here" attitude on a rival teams web site and use the same reasons over and over again an why you think that the pats are going to win.......Funny thing that I just cannot get by is that all the new england fans keep telling everyone how this is not the pats of the beginning of the season and how we should all forget how they played then and look at how they are playing now....yet....every time someone brings up the colts, they all say "Look what happened last year" ...ok, look what happened on Monday night this year in YOUR house. I know I know....Tedy was not there......How could i forget...Now that he is back he is going singlehandedly take on the Colts entire O line and wreak havoc on Manning...Hell why is Belichick even putting the other ten guys out there...they should just let Bruschi do it all. I mean he should have time to do that and rescue the burning puppies in the car right????

And why am i being hypocritcal because I am a phins fan from Maine? I would be if I was on some lame patsy web site posting thoughts but like I have said before, I have no desire to go to any pats or jets or bills or any other teams site. and the last time that I checked, the Phins had one of largest countrywide fan bases in the NFL and that was proven at this years HOF induction. Hell I met a Phins fan from Idaho.....I think that was the first person that I have ever even met from Idaho and I spent ten years in the Military.

Your posts come off arrogant. You come off arrogant. but after being surrounded by pats fans my whole life (well, actually they never really came out of the woodwork til five years ago) I have come to expect it from them.

and for the record...did you really say "toodles"?:lol:

nephinsfan said:
Your posts come off arrogant. You come off arrogant. but after being surrounded by pats fans my whole life (well, actually they never really came out of the woodwork til five years ago) I have come to expect it from them.

Do you really want to go through this argumant again? Because if you do I will just copy and paste it from the last time.

There have always been alot of Pats fans, they just never used to have anything to be cheery about. A badly run team with bad players most of the time. When thay had a good team occasionally they would have a bit of bad luck or a bad coach. Just because there are not many people wearing T-shirts in down years does not mean there is less of a fan base. I mean look at Florida teams. I see more Tampa Bay shirts than Dolphin shirts. It didn't used to be that way.

For someone who doesn't care about the Patriots, (according to you) you sure do seem to talk about them all the time. Don't worry about the Pats or their fans, enjoy your Dolphins. They have a bright future ahead of them again. Should make for some exciting football ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom