Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Playoff Thread of the New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New Guy said:
The experts probably would agree with you, but I am not impressed with what I have seen from the Pats. I think the Broncos win this one.
I wanta hear your agruement for the Broncos, why do you think they win? we all hate the Pats but they are good

The New Guy said:
I doubt it. Don’t be fooled by the Jags game. The Pats are not as good as the Broncos.

its going to be tough but we still have a reasonable chance of pulling it off.

MKeveny said:

Oh, I definitely believe that. If Plummer pulls a deer-in-headlight game like he did with us, it won't be close. If you don't get 3+ t/o though, Denver should throttle you.

nick1 said:
I wanta hear your agruement for the Broncos, why do you think they win? we all hate the Pats but they are good

I am not a Bronco fan, but in my opinion they are a better team. Out of NE’s 10 wins only three of them (which includes the Phins) came from opponents whose record was better than .500. The Broncos on the other hand have beaten 7 teams that have a .500 or better record. The Broncos lost three games all year. They got creamed by us the first game of the season, but after that they only lost by one point to the Giants and 4 points to Kansas City. The Pats were beaten badly by the Chargers, Colts, Panthers and Kansas City, and the Broncos gave them a little more than they could handle earlier this year. That combined with the fact that it has been several years since NE has had to play a playoff on the road, I just think Denver will win this one.

nick1 said:

In no particular order:

extremely hostile environment
strong running game (and they CAN be run on, as RopeWeed demonstrated)
high octane passing game
very competent defense
home-cooking calls by refs likely to favor Donks rather than Pats

MKeveny said:

Absolutely! I think it will be a close game, but I think the Broncos will win.

The New Guy said:
I am not a Bronco fan, but in my opinion they are a better team. Out of NE’s 10 wins only three of them (which includes the Phins) came from opponents whose record was better than .500. The Broncos on the other hand have beaten 7 teams that have a .500 or better record. The Broncos lost three games all year. They got creamed by us the first game of the season, but after that they only lost by one point to the Giants and 4 points to Kansas City. The Pats were beaten badly by the Chargers, Colts, Panthers and Kansas City, and the Broncos gave them a little more than they could handle earlier this year. That combined with the fact that it has been several years since NE has had to play a playoff on the road, I just think Denver will win this one.
none of those games protray NE the way they are now, if you had a rematch between the Pats and those teams then the Pats would win most of those games because the Pats are heathly now with the exception of Dillon and the players gone for the season.

the Denver running game can and will be stopped, NE is back to the top 5 D that they were a year ago. Brady can and will tear apart the Bronco D with or without an effective running game. Denver was near the bottom of the league this year in passing yards allowed.

coaching - NE
passing offense - NE
rushing offense - Den
rushing defense - Den
passing defense - NE

home field advantage is overrated, Denver has a history of choking in the playoffs while NE is always poised and prepared to the fullest

The New Guy said:

I must say its hard to take you seriously when you can't even get your facts correct.

To date NE has beat Miami, Pitt, Atlanta, Tampa bay, Jacksonville, and lost by 8 to denver when we had a chance to come from behind and win that game. NE has used 45 different starters this season also and I don't see anyone on the list of those over .500 teams that have had to over come that many injuries. You also fail to give the Pats credit for the X factors i.e. Belichick and Brady.

Several yrs since NE has had to play a play off on the road? 2001 & 2004 AFCC was played in Pittsburgh so its not like we had played it all the way here in NE. The truth of the situtation now is it doesn't matter what a team did in week 3 or week 8 or even week 17 it only matters how they play next saturday night. The pats are playing solid right now and have been building up to the playoffs where as the broncos actually played better ball in mid season. They have had a week off that could be either a plus or a big minus at this time in the season. We aren't the team we were last season but NE is playing with a lot of heart right now and as we saw yesterday in Cinci you never can tell who will go down with injury or what will happen. With our coaches, players and experience in the playoffs I still like our chances even out in horse head land. The road to the super bowl over these past seasons has been tough and many times over those years we were told we weren't the best team and we would lose and thats probably why you won't find many of the "experts" this year willing to count us out just yet. Nobody wants to look stupid again.

nick1 said:
none of those games protray NE the way they are now, if you had a rematch between the Pats and those teams then the Pats would win most of those games because the Pats are heathly now with the exception of Dillon and the players gone for the season.

Besides Richard Seymour, who are the impact players for NE that were injured before, but are healthy now? Just because NE recently beat Tampa and the Jags does not mean that they are back to their Super Bowl form. Both The Bucs and Jags were not very strong teams.

nick1 said:
The Denver running game can and will be stopped, NE is back to the top 5 D that they were a year ago. Brady can and will tear apart the Bronco D with or without an effective running game. Denver was near the bottom of the league this year in passing yards allowed.

coaching - NE
passing offense - NE
rushing offense - Den
rushing defense - Den
passing defense - NE

home field advantage is overrated, Denver has a history of choking in the playoffs while NE is always poised and prepared to the fullest

Home field advantage may be overrated, but it is an advantage. Being a mile above sea level can present some problems. Some players have complained about of headaches, nausea, weakness and even dehydration. I think that will be in the mind of NE.NE top 5 D? I don't know about that. I don't think that the Broncos will give up on the running game as fast as the Jags did. I think the Broncos will be the strongest team that the Pats have faced since they played the Colts. I just don’t think that NE will be able to win. I believe their run is over.

MR NFLFAN said:
I must say its hard to take you seriously when you can't even get your facts correct. To date NE has beat Miami, Pitt, Atlanta, Tampa bay, Jacksonville, and lost by 8 to denver when we had a chance to come from behind and win that game.

You should read more carefully. I said that "Out of NE’s 10 wins only three of them (which includes the Phins) came from opponents whose record was better than .500". The Pats did beat the Vickless Falcons, but the Falcons finished 8-8 which is not above .500. I did not count the Jags because I was talking about the regular season. I did forget about the 2004 Championship game in Pitt, so you got me there. For some reason I thought that game was played in NE. :confused: It is easy for a team to look solid when they are playing soft competition. I don’t think Denver is going to blow that Pats out or anything, I just think that they will win. As for the road to the Super Bowl, I will take the risk of looking stupid and count the Pats out. There is a very small chance that they could beat the Broncos, but even if they do, the Pats are not going to beat the Colts.

Hi again. Back to provide you with an education in NE championship football.

The New Guy said:
Besides Richard Seymour, who are the impact players for NE that were injured before, but are healthy now? Just because NE recently beat Tampa and the Jags does not mean that they are back to their Super Bowl form. Both The Bucs and Jags were not very strong teams.

:shakeno:
How's this for a list of players who didn't factor in last Denver game? Bruschi (inactive), Hobbs (buried on bench), Hawkins (watching TV somewhere I believe), and Colvin (playing behind Vrabel at the time) on defense; and T Brown, Faulk, and Dillon (all injured) on O. For those counting at home that's 4 defensive starters, the #1 RB, the 3rd-down back, and the #3 receiver/dime-back. Ahem, those are 7 major contributors on the Pats right now.

I also happen to think the Bucs and Jags were pretenders. But I also happen to know the Pats put away these combined 23-9 teams by a final score of 56 to 3. Say what you want about the 1st half against the Jags...that's domination, especially defensively. :bombyou:

Home field advantage may be overrated, but it is an advantage. Being a mile above sea level can present some problems. Some players have complained about of headaches, nausea, weakness and even dehydration. I think that will be in the mind of NE.NE top 5 D? I don't know about that. I don't think that the Broncos will give up on the running game as fast as the Jags did. I think the Broncos will be the strongest team that the Pats have faced since they played the Colts. I just don’t think that NE will be able to win. I believe their run is over.

Denver's the real deal on the ground, but so is the Pats' front 7, especially if Bruschi plays. I expect smashmouth football all game when the Broncos have the ball - should be fun to watch. So essentially you've got strength-on-strength when the Broncos have the ball and strength-on-weakness when the Pats have the ball. Hmmm, seem like an advantage for the Champs.:tongue:

Denver is the strongest team NE has played since Indy (although KC at KC (a Pats' loss) is not exactly a pushover game either, just ask the Broncos). If they can get this one, I really, really like their chances in the AFCCG. No gimmes from here on out until the SB. Funny, but Vega$ has the Pats getting 3 this weekend: seems like the Champs have someone's R-E-S-P-E-C-T (3 points given automatically for home field advantage).

The Pats D, including the secondary, is playing much better than most casual observers understand. If the Pats can get enough out of their running game to keep the Denver D honest, I like the Champs odds.

There is a very small chance that they could beat the Broncos, but even if they do, the Pats are not going to beat the Colts.

Nope. I think this is a tougher game than the Colts....not to mention, I believe Indy still has to beat the Steelers (and come out healthy). :rolleyes:

Wandering Athol said:

How's this for a list of players who didn't factor in last Denver game? Bruschi (inactive), Hobbs (buried on bench), Hawkins (watching TV somewhere I believe), and Colvin (playing behind Vrabel at the time) on defense; and T Brown, Faulk, and Dillon (all injured) on O. For those counting at home that's 4 defensive starters, the #1 RB, the 3rd-down back, and the #3 receiver/dime-back. Ahem, those are 7 major contributors on the Pats right now.

I also happen to think the Bucs and Jags were pretenders. But I also happen to know the Pats put away these combined 23-9 teams by a final score of 56 to 3. Say what you want about the 1st half against the Jags...that's domination, especially defensively. :bombyou:
[/font][/color]
[/font]

Denver's the real deal on the ground, but so is the Pats' front 7, especially if Bruschi plays. I expect smashmouth football all game when the Broncos have the ball - should be fun to watch. So essentially you've got strength-on-strength when the Broncos have the ball and strength-on-weakness when the Pats have the ball. Hmmm, seem like an advantage for the Champs.:tongue:

Denver is the strongest team NE has played since Indy (although KC at KC (a Pats' loss) is not exactly a pushover game either, just ask the Broncos). If they can get this one, I really, really like their chances in the AFCCG. No gimmes from here on out until the SB. Funny, but Vega$ has the Pats getting 3 this weekend: seems like the Champs have someone's R-E-S-P-E-C-T (3 points given automatically for home field advantage).

The Pats D, including the secondary, is playing much better than most casual observers understand. If the Pats can get enough out of their running game to keep the Denver D honest, I like the Champs odds.

Nope. I think this is a tougher game than the Colts....not to mention, I believe Indy still has to beat the Steelers (and come out healthy). :rolleyes:

I really do not think that the steelers are going to pose to much of a threat to the Colts you are talking about a team that basically has near three weeks of rest playing in the dome.

I also do not think that the pats front seven are a match for Denver O line and running game. you can fall into the media hype and think that Bruschi is back to where he was a year ago but he is not. We all knew that the Bucs and Jags were hoax and they showed in the playoffs. No one and I mean NO ONE is even talking about the Broncos. all you hear about is the Colts and the Pats. I just do not see the pats with the way that they are now going into Denver and winning this game. Games between these two teams are always good and always close. ( I am just curious to see how Belichick is going to bend the rules this time) as long as the pats do not get there normal phantom calls and the ball bouncing there way like it always seems to do, they will be headed home for good this week. It has been proven that all you have to do is pressure Brady and get in his face and he will panic and make mistakes (see monday night game vs phins last year and the KC game this year) you can bet that they are going to be sending the house alot and I expect Denvers DB's to get a couple of pics. Dillon is slowly making that transformation back to the punk that he was in Cinci, Now, if by the sake of some miracle (or BS penalty) they happen to win that game.....do you honestly think that they are going to go INTO INDI and win? This year? dwight freeney will make the guy that took Matt lights place his personal beeatch and be in Brady will be running for his life all day. This is a different Colts team than last year and it is a different pats team than last year. This is the year of "CUT THAT MEAT" and I do not see anyone taking it from them. (maybe the pats can sign Ty Law if they make it to Indi so he can rape Marvin Harrison all day and never get called for it)

The New Guy said:

they were missing Richard Seymour, Tedy Brushi, Cory Dillon, Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk and some other players the last time the Broncos played the Patriots which was back in week 6. alot has changed since than

Wandering Athol said:

Hey Wandering Athol
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=12697,

Welcome back!

I was not specifically talking about the last time the Pats played the Broncos all the way back in week 6. I was asking what impact players are back from injury that all of the sudden make NE back to Super Bowl form. Just because the Pats beat some below average teams towards the end of their schedule does not mean that they are Super Bowl contenders. The Pats did not look so great the last time they played a good KC team, and I believe they had most of the players you mentioned before playing in that game. As for the Colts, I do not think they will have any trouble taking care of the Steelers. If I was a Pats fan, I would be more worried about the Pats coming out of the Broncos game without injury. We all know about the Broncos O-line blocking schemes. The Pats are not that good and there is no way they will make it to the Super Bowl. I think the Broncos will end this debate for me, but if they don’t, the Colts will end it for sure.

nick1 said:
they were missing Richard Seymour, Tedy Brushi, Cory Dillon, Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk and some other players the last time the Broncos played the Patriots which was back in week 6. alot has changed since than

I was not specifically talking about the last time the Pats played the Broncos all the way back in week 6. Some things have changed, but I don’t think the Pats are much better than what I saw in week 12 against Kansas City. In my opinion Bruschi, Faulk, and T. Brown are not impact players. Bruschi is still banged up, and Faulk is a good 3rd down back but hardly a difference maker. NE also let go of T. Brown before they resigned him. There was no guarantee that he would not go somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom