Official Preseason Coaches Poll | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Preseason Coaches Poll

You've still got to beat Alabama, and I just don't know if Jordan Jefferson can do that. Besides, they'll probably lose to Oregon in the first game, but in a shootout.

FSU just rode the momentum of a strong recruiting class. If they had Ponder, yeah, they absolutely should be ranked that high, but EJ Manuel? C'mon.

Stanford has the best QB in the nation coming back, still has alot of pieces, has a strong D (though their NT leaving will hurt them), and alot of the same coaching staff. So yeah, I really don't see a reason to downgrade them. I still think Oregon wins that conference though.

Jordan Jefferson played light years better toward the end of last year and he did beat Alabama. The reason Bama is rated higher in the preseason is because the game this year is at Bryant-Denney.
About Oregon...they have some really nice speed and skill guys and are well-coached. But the line play on both sides is a complete mismatch. LSU's defense is one of the best in the country this year and has the athleticism to disrupt Oregon's timing. Auburn had one of the worst back 7s in the SEC last year, but still held Oregon to 19 points because of their disruptive defensive line. That's what sets the SEC apart from every other conference. D-line athleticism. It's just on a different level.

While I agree that Luck is the best quarterback in the country, Jim Harbough is a huge loss and they just don't have the horses to stop offenses. Stanford would likely lose 4 games in an SEC schedule.

I couldn't care less about FSU.

Dead on in regards to LSU and Oregon..

Oregon will not out-athlete LSU at the skill positions, and LSU can match the speed of Oregon to the perimeter.

The difference is LSU will dominate Oregon at the line of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball...

I don't know what the spread is on this game, but with it being at a neutral site.. I'd probably take LSU and give 8 points..

All LSU needs in this one is for Jordan Jefferson to just show up.

Oregon will not out-athlete LSU at the skill positions, and LSU can match the speed of Oregon to the perimeter.

The difference is LSU will dominate Oregon at the line of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball...

I don't know what the spread is on this game, but with it being at a neutral site.. I'd probably take LSU and give 8 points..

Yep.

Btw man, I'm going to be at the game and we're going to outnumber Oregon fans 75-25. So while it's a neutral site, it won't be a neutral crowd.

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Yep.

Btw man, I'm going to be at the game and we're going to outnumber Oregon fans 75-25. So while it's a neutral site, it won't be a neutral crowd.

I have to give LSU a nice edge over Oregon too. The battle for the SEC West should be fun. Should be a 2 team race between LSU and Bama, I really can't see Auburn being nearly as good without Newton, but we'll see.

FSU does it to themselves managing to lose 4 games in the ****ty ACC, while replacing the 8th pick in the draft with a QB with a career 6 TD's and 10 INT's.

I think if we found a way to win 10 games this season, play in the ACC title game, and beat an SEC team in the Peach Bowl we'd all be very happy with that.

Just sayin'. I won't parade around like world beaters as many of these Florida State fans have been doing with their national title babbling, but I'd be damn happy.

9 wins for Miami.

I think if we found a way to win 10 games this season, play in the ACC title game, and beat an SEC team in the Peach Bowl we'd all be very happy with that.

Just sayin'. I won't parade around like world beaters as many of these Florida State fans have been doing with their national title babbling, but I'd be damn happy.

9 wins for Miami.

I'd be happier than losing 6 games. As far as generally being happy, can't say I would. Getting embarrassed by the only 2 great teams we play, losing to UNC and NC State, and beating a 5 loss SEC team without their best player does nothing for me personally. I know if the Canes were in the same situation and we were ranked in the top 20, nonetheless 5th, I'd find it quite funny, though obviously wouldn't complain.

I have to give LSU a nice edge over Oregon too. The battle for the SEC West should be fun. Should be a 2 team race between LSU and Bama, I really can't see Auburn being nearly as good without Newton, but we'll see.

The fly in the ointment is going to be Arkansas. They are more than talented enough to beat both Bama and LSU. Their offense is the best in the SEC and their defense has improved. Tyler Wilson will make people ask, "Ryan who?"

And it pains me to say that, because I can't stand Arkansas.

The fly in the ointment is going to be Arkansas. They are more than talented enough to beat both Bama and LSU. Their offense is the best in the SEC and their defense has improved. Tyler Wilson will make people ask, "Ryan who?"

And it pains me to say that, because I can't stand Arkansas.

Arkansas definitely is a good team. Not sure if they're good enough to overcome Bama and LSU, but they can definitely play spoiler by beating one.

Can't wait for LSU to come to Morgantown. Mountaineer field is going to be rockin.

fsu will be deadly this season - almost regardless of QB play. hurts me to type that. the top 3 florida teams seem to go in waves - it looks like its fsu's turn. the florida 'dynasty' looks like it might had its run - defense will be solid - but the offense will sputter. hard. mehhhhhhhhhhhhh. it was fun though.

fsu is stacked. look at that roster. this is why they were waiting for bowden to to hang it up. the recruits they've landed ... fugg. vintage mid 90's all the way. fugg you fsu. **** is ripe for the pickins'.

UM is still waiting for a real coach to step in and take those recruits that are waiting to fall in their laps. same **** different day. maybe next year. :lol:

Can't wait for LSU to come to Morgantown. Mountaineer field is going to be rockin.

Theyre going to get ****ing rocked by LSU. :lol:

And totally agree with your assessment of the LSU/Oregon game Slimm. Im loading up. If LSU just had a real QB, they wouldve been the best team in the country last season and this season. Their D is just nasty and their play at the LOS is dominating. And of course they always have some speed at the skill positions. Just need a QB.

fsu will be deadly this season - almost regardless of QB play. hurts me to type that. the top 3 florida teams seem to go in waves - it looks like its fsu's turn. the florida 'dynasty' looks like it might had its run - defense will be solid - but the offense will sputter. hard. mehhhhhhhhhhhhh. it was fun though.

fsu is stacked. look at that roster. this is why they were waiting for bowden to to hang it up. the recruits they've landed ... fugg. vintage mid 90's all the way. fugg you fsu. **** is ripe for the pickins'.

UM is still waiting for a real coach to step in and take those recruits that are waiting to fall in their laps. same **** different day. maybe next year. :lol:

The same recruits they've been getting you mean? Afterall, they've had 6-7 top 5 recruiting classes since 200 with nothing to show for. Deadly teams don't lose 4 games in the ACC. As for that last comment, worry about your own ****ty coach and enjoy the Florida cellar where you've been the better part of 30 years.

I'll never understand the college football hate.

I can't wait either. It will be an extremely interesting game. Unfortunately, this is one of the FEW LSU games I won't be personally attending this year.

Back
Top Bottom