Official Red Sox '05 thread | Page 122 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Red Sox '05 thread

FaninPatsyLand said:
Ain't that the truth. It's ridiculous.. especially after last year. I guess some Red Sox fans are destined to be miserable forever.

Stop making outrageous claims people..

Im not miserable I just think Foulke is a prick with no change-up.

Faninpatsyland, u should talk about being miserable. No Red Sox fan whined half as much as you in this thread!

FaninPatsyLand said:
Ain't that the truth. It's ridiculous.. especially after last year. I guess some Red Sox fans are destined to be miserable forever.

Stop making outrageous claims people..

I'm not miserable... We didn't have the team to win in the playoffs, and that's that. Last year was an amazing year no red sox fan will forget. However, I am a sports fan. And a championship last year doesn't mean anything this year. It should never mean you're OK with lousy play. There are no mulligans...

It's like Yankee fans saying they have 26 world championships... Who gives a ****? It has nothing to do with this year. It's something all of us sox fans have said when a yankee's fan came with that garbage. It's what I say to you now.

Curt Schilling (for example) has gotten a free pass all year. Would Derek Lowe (who was just as important as Schilling in the playoffs) gotten off easy if he sucked? No, they would be calling him a head case again...

I am loyal to the TEAM, not the players. A spade is a spade is a spade...

What Foulke did last year was awesome. I love him for that, but that doesn't mean I'm satisfied with his preformance anymore.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Faninpatsyland, u should talk about being miserable. No Red Sox fan whined half as much as you in this thread!

Just more drivel spewing from you...

Jeter is the best player in baseball, right? It's obvious you have no clue what you're talking about.

FiN.in.RI said:
Im not miserable I just think Foulke is a prick with no change-up.

LOL.....very good piont!

I like the response as well

should have made moves for pitching at the trade deadline, and didn't... many of us were convinced we were doomed back in July for this run...

but to suggest last year means nothing is ridiculous... last year means everything... we got our title and cruel yankee fans don't really have anything to crow about...

they can squawk all the clever little jabs they wish... but it's ineffectual, and they can never take 2004 away from Boston.... and the best part? it came at the expense of yet another $200 million Yankee failure...

PressCoverage said:
should have made moves for pitching at the trade deadline, and didn't...

but to suggest last year means nothing is ridiculous... last year means everything... we got our title and cruel yankee fans don't really have anything to crow about...

they can squawk all the clever little jabs they wish... but it's ineffectual, and they can never take 2004 away from Boston.... and the best part? it came at the expense of yet another $200 million Yankee failure...

Great post man. Good to have another Sox fan on board. :D

FaninPatsyLand said:
Why on earth would they trade Mirabelli? They re-signed him this past offseason. If he's gone, who's going to catch Wakefield? Shoppach sucks, no chance in holy hell he's our backup catcher next year. That's asinine.

Secondly, how the hell are they going to trade Nixon, he's not even under contract. No one is going to want Foulke, he's making WAY too much money for anyone to take a chance on. I don't understand why everyone is so ready to throw Foulke out. When healthy the guy is a VERY good closer, top eschelon in the league. I thought he proved that in the 2004 playoffs, did he not? If he's back healthy he can be VERY effective for us in the pen next year.

We need a first baseman. This stopgap **** is getting ridiculous. Olerud did a hell of a job this year filling in on certain nights, but the guy's knees can't take the punishment of being an everyday first baseman. First base isn't exactly a premium position, bringing in these Daubach's and Millar's of the world is a joke.

Why not trade Mirabelli? He has some trade value. He's a good defensive catcher with some pop. He's on the decline and will never put up the numbers he did in 2004, plus he's cheap. Why not give Shoppach a chance? Sure he was bad the few games he played this year but then again Robinson Cano was horrible the first few games and turned into an above average hitter. I'm sure Shoppach can learn how to catch Wakefield. In my opinion the Sox should trade Mirabelli or Shoppach because both of those players trade value is probably at their all time high. It would be a waste for the Sox to keep a highly reguarded catching prospect in the minors and not trade him (see Steve Lombsey (spelling?) who was a top catching prospect for the Sox and could have been traded for Jim Edmonds before Edmonds got traded to St. Louis. The Sox didn't trade the kid and he got hurt in the minors and never played again).

Nixon is under contract next year. But it will be very hard to trade a guy who's on the DL at least 2 times in a year.

I never said trade Foulke or get rid of him. I simply said that the Sox have trading options with him, Nixon, Arroyo, Mirabelli and Shoppach.

You're 100% right about 1st base. I want a REAL 1st basemen. Although I wouldn't mind having Orleud and Youkilis split time at 1st this year and go hard after Mark Texierra for the 2007 season.

PressCoverage said:
should have made moves for pitching at the trade deadline, and didn't... many of us were convinced we were doomed back in July for this run...

For once you are right, no one can take away 2004 from Boston but no one can take away 1923, 1927, 1928, 1932, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1943, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, & 2000 from us.

nyjunc said:
For once you are right, no one can take away 2004 from Boston but no one can take away 1923, 1927, 1928, 1932, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1943, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, & 2000 from us.

Typical Yankee fan response in defeat... Its ok your team wasn't good enough just like ours even though you spent for 2 teams..

PressCoverage said:

Press Coverage is a Sox fan.. Nice, welcome to the thread.. Some good discussion here, I am sure most will keep it alive during the offseason..

nyjunc said:

when it comes to sports debates with you, cool guy, i'm more often right than you... but you're also right... those titles were all bought and paid for... can't take them away either... good for you!

PressCoverage said:
when it comes to sports debates with you, cool guy, i'm more often right than you... but you're also right... those titles were all bought and paid for... can't take them away either... good for you!

:spit: :sidelol:

Typical Yankee fan response in defeat... Its ok your team wasn't good enough just like ours even though you spent for 2 teams..

so it was ok to bring up last year for the Sox but not the past for the Yanks? OK I get it. Please don't bring up payroll, your team spends a ton and you had a $40+ mil advantage over SL last year so if it bothers you so much then give back your trophy.

GreenMonster said:

Nah dude, nyjunc is a good guy. He's hardly a typical Yankee fan. He gave us props and wasn't a jerk when the Sox lost.

nyjunc said:
:spit: :sidelol:

so it was ok to bring up last year for the Sox but not the past for the Yanks? OK I get it. Please don't bring up payroll, your team spends a ton and you had a $40+ mil advantage over SL last year so if it bothers you so much then give back your trophy.

And since you love to bring up the past including titles from 50+ years ago, the Red Sox have 6 World Series, atleast get that right.. Baseball did not start in 1921..

Back
Top Bottom