Official Red Sox '05 thread | Page 121 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Red Sox '05 thread

Ray Finkle said:
It's going to be a VERY painful off season to be a Red Sox fan as of today. I have information that the F.O. wants to reduce payoff big time thus as of today Johnny Damon won't be back and Manny Ramirez is as good as gone. The team is going to go into downhill mode for awhile.
Thats a huge hit to take, they are both big playmakers for you guys! I wouldnt be suprised to see one of them end up with the Yankees.

Mueller will be gone at 3rd.. say hello to Youkalis

Garaffanino will be back at second unless they move up Pedroia full time
Renteria at Short
Millar and Olerud will both be gone
Damon gone.. say hello to Hanley Ramirez
Manny gone.. say hello to some big bat we will bring in

Nixon will be gone

Wells will still be around
Hansen will st up Timlin until Hansen can be full time closer
Myers will be here
Papelbon will start
Wakefield will start
Arroyo may be around
Clement will start
Lester will be around possibly
Delcarmen in the Pen setting up Hansen

BleedinGreenNC said:
Thats a huge hit to take, they are both big playmakers for you guys! I wouldnt be suprised to see one of them end up with the Yankees.

Take Damon.. get older and older as the Sox get younger and younger.

Manny Ramirez will be going to the NL

FiN.in.RI said:
Mueller will be gone at 3rd.. say hello to Youkalis

Garaffanino will be back at second unless they move up Pedroia full time
Renteria at Short
Millar and Olerud will both be gone
Damon gone.. say hello to Hanley Ramirez
Manny gone.. say hello to some big bat we will bring in

Nixon will be gone

Wells will still be around
Hansen will st up Timlin until Hansen can be full time closer
Myers will be here
Papelbon will start
Wakefield will start
Arroyo may be around
Clement will start
Lester will be around possibly
Delcarmen in the Pen setting up Hansen

The team is going to be very young. However I think the Sox will still resign Mueller and Orleud. Both guys will be very cheap to get and good veterns to teach the young guys. Tony G will probably be back until Dustin Pedroia can win the position from him. Kelly Shoppach will either be the back up catcher with Doug Mirabelli being traded or Shoppach himself will be traded as he still has some value.

Millar WILL be gone. Nixon should be gone. I hate him, he had 1 good season and since then he's been hurt and awful. He plays hard and hustles I'll give him that but he's not good.

Wells is a ? mark, he could retired who knows. A decision on Wade Miller should be simple, sign him he'll cost what 2 million dollars? So if he gets healthy and back to his old self it'll be a great move. If he never pitches again its just 2 million dollars waste.

I think Hansen will start the season in Triple A with Delcarmen for a while. Both need work. Hansen was moved up too quickly due to the lack of good arms in the pen. Delcarmen needs an off speed pitch. Papelbon will be on the team whether he's starting, setting up or closing. Timlin will probably be back along with a healthy Foulke (?). The Sox have a possible good bullpen with Foulke, Timlin, Hansen, Myers and possibly Papelbon.

Apparently Hanley and Lester are still a year away from the big leagues.

Anibal Sanchez, David Murphy and Brendan Moss are two years away.

The Sox also have a few players that they could use to trade: Manny, Foulke, Arroyo, and possibly Nixon.

Holes that the Sox have to consider: 1B, all 3 OF positions, SP and RP.

BleedinGreenNC said:

You can have Damon, another outfield liability with his arm. Also watch that long-term deal your gonna have to give him become dead money on the payroll in the last years of his deal.

He's an injury waiting to happen.. good riddence.

Ray Finkle said:
The team is going to be very young. However I think the Sox will still resign Mueller and Orleud. Both guys will be very cheap to get and good veterns to teach the young guys. Tony G will probably be back until Dustin Pedroia can win the position from him. Kelly Shoppach will either be the back up catcher with Doug Mirabelli being traded or Shoppach himself will be traded as he still has some value.

Millar WILL be gone. Nixon should be gone. I hate him, he had 1 good season and since then he's been hurt and awful. He plays hard and hustles I'll give him that but he's not good.

Wells is a ? mark, he could retired who knows. A decision on Wade Miller should be simple, sign him he'll cost what 2 million dollars? So if he gets healthy and back to his old self it'll be a great move. If he never pitches again its just 2 million dollars waste.

I think Hansen will start the season in Triple A with Delcarmen for a while. Both need work. Hansen was moved up too quickly due to the lack of good arms in the pen. Delcarmen needs an off speed pitch. Papelbon will be on the team whether he's starting, setting up or closing. Timlin will probably be back along with a healthy Foulke (?). The Sox have a possible good bullpen with Foulke, Timlin, Hansen, Myers and possibly Papelbon.

Apparently Hanley and Lester are still a year away from the big leagues.

Anibal Sanchez, David Murphy and Brendan Moss are two years away.

The Sox also have a few players that they could use to trade: Manny, Foulke, Arroyo, and possibly Nixon.

Holes that the Sox have to consider: 1B, all 3 OF positions, SP and RP.

Why on earth would they trade Mirabelli? They re-signed him this past offseason. If he's gone, who's going to catch Wakefield? Shoppach sucks, no chance in holy hell he's our backup catcher next year. That's asinine.

Secondly, how the hell are they going to trade Nixon, he's not even under contract. No one is going to want Foulke, he's making WAY too much money for anyone to take a chance on. I don't understand why everyone is so ready to throw Foulke out. When healthy the guy is a VERY good closer, top eschelon in the league. I thought he proved that in the 2004 playoffs, did he not? If he's back healthy he can be VERY effective for us in the pen next year.

We need a first baseman. This stopgap **** is getting ridiculous. Olerud did a hell of a job this year filling in on certain nights, but the guy's knees can't take the punishment of being an everyday first baseman. First base isn't exactly a premium position, bringing in these Daubach's and Millar's of the world is a joke.

First of all Foulke is history.. He is GONE!

Secondly, Mueller will be going out west, he will not be with the team next year and Wells was only going to retire if he won the WS this year.. He'll be back

FiN.in.RI said:
First of all Foulke is history.. He is GONE!

Secondly, Mueller will be going out west, he will not be with the team next year and Wells was only going to retire if he won the WS this year.. He'll be back

Where is Foulke going? He's a VERY good closer when healthy. No one is going to want any part of that contract, he's making way too much money.

I'd rather just keep him, he's an invaluable weapon in the pen.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Where is Foulke going? He's a VERY good closer when healthy. No one is going to want any part of that contract, he's making way too much money.

I'd rather just keep him, he's an invaluable weapon in the pen.
Foulke sucks... The injury was always an excuse as to why he sucked.

Who the hell are FA this year? I know it's a ****ty lot, but just curious.

Hostile7 said:

There's a site called mlb4u.com that has a list of FAs. It's a little strange and has a lot of retired players and stuff on it, but from what I know it seems accurate. Sift through the list and you'll find most of the FAs.

Hostile7 said:

Foulke WON us the World Series last year. He was nails in the playoffs and was the true MVP of that team.

Those 50 or whatever extra innings in the playoffs could have cost him this entire year. (The same can be said for Schilling)

Foulke definitely doesn't suck though, and I know you're better than that Hostile.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Foulke WON us the World Series last year. He was nails in the playoffs and was the true MVP of that team.

Those 50 or whatever extra innings in the playoffs could have cost him this entire year. (The same can be said for Schilling)

Foulke definitely doesn't suck though, and I know you're better than that Hostile.

Welcome to the past champions club, where everyone forgets all the good that everyone did to bring your team the glory and remembers to lambaste them for all the bad the next season. After you win it all and don't repeat, everyone's rosy-colored glasses get broken, shattered, stomped on, and spit at. Then you start back up again in the spring

RWhitney014 said:
Welcome to the past champions club, where everyone forgets all the good that everyone did to bring your team the glory and remembers to lambaste them for all the bad the next season. After you win it all and don't repeat, everyone's rosy-colored glasses get broken, shattered, stomped on, and spit at. Then you start back up again in the spring

Ain't that the truth. It's ridiculous.. especially after last year. I guess some Red Sox fans are destined to be miserable forever.

Stop making outrageous claims people..

Back
Top Bottom