Official Red Sox '05 thread | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Red Sox '05 thread

GreenMonster said:
Like our whole last month we play at home almost every series... I like our chances since we have a great home record.. We have played the toughest part of our schedule, the Yanks is still coming up...

Exactly. We dominate at home, let's hope we get on a roll and just run over teams.

The schedule is just another reason why I don't fear the Yankees, and why I like our chances all the more.

We'll see what happens starting Thursday . We're coming with Moose, Wang, and Randy out of the gate. Boston has a chance to deal the Yankees a real blow and the Yankees have to put the heat on Boston for the divison. Should be an interesting series!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
We'll see what happens starting Thursday . We're coming with Moose, Wang, and Randy out of the gate. Boston has a chance to deal the Yankees a real blow and the Yankees have to put the heat on Boston for the divison. Should be an interesting series!

Yanks have nothing to lose. This year they are the hunters not the hunted.

Yanks were so far back a few weeks ago the fact they are even in this position is shocking! Boston has the pressure on them. The Yanks suck! If Boston slips up this weekend and keeps NY hanging around, hey that's more them sucking than it is NY playing well.

The expectations for the Yanks as of now are low. This year isn't their year they aren't even one of the 4 best teams in the AL. There is NO PRESSURE on NY right now. Which is why I think they sorta picked up their play of late. All of the pressure is gone. Boston is the one with all of the talent this year who SHOULD win! Not NY!

FaninPatsyLand said:
Exactly. We dominate at home, let's hope we get on a roll and just run over teams.

The schedule is just another reason why I don't fear the Yankees, and why I like our chances all the more.

The schedule means nothing in baseball. This isn't the NFL.

If you pitch well you win. If not you lose. Doesn't matter if your playing a 1st place team or a LAST place team. A good pitching performance beats anyone. Doesn't matter home, away, good team, bad team.

Yanks have nothing to lose. This year they are the hunters not the hunted.

I couldn't disagree more, the pressure is on to not only get back in the race but to win it all and while we haven't won a WS in a while we are still the hunted. teams want to beat us more than any other team including Boston.

MikeO said:

If you pitch well you win. If not you lose. Doesn't matter if your playing a 1st place team or a LAST place team. A good pitching performance beats anyone. Doesn't matter home, away, good team, bad team.

Being home does help. You're fresher, you're more relaxed, you have the fans willing you on, and you have the last AB. There's a reason why almost every team has a better home record than road.

RWhitney014 said:
Being home does help. You're fresher, you're more relaxed, you have the fans willing you on, and you have the last AB. There's a reason why almost every team has a better home record than road.

Home can be a distraction too, our great teams on the late 90-early 00s were always greta road teams and seemed to struggle more at home.

nyjunc said:
Home can be a distraction too, our great teams on the late 90-early 00s were always greta road teams and seemed to struggle more at home.

2005 Redsox

Home: 24-14

Away: 25-24

We not only play better at home, we play much better.. Home field is an advantage for just about every team and its a big advantage for us as we are 10 games over at home. Saying home field ins't an advantage is just plain ingnorant. The Yanks are 29-19 at home and 17-21 on the road... Play on the road all you want...

GreenMonster said:
2005 Redsox

Home: 24-14

Away: 25-24

We not only play better at home, we play much better.. Home field is an advantage for just about every team and its a big advantage for us as we are 10 games over at home. Saying home field ins't an advantage is just plain ingnorant. The Yanks are 29-19 at home and 17-21 on the road... Play on the road all you want...

Our home record wasn't too good until recently, I get your point I'm just pointing out how home field can be a bit overrated in baseball.

nyjunc said:
Our home record wasn't too good until recently, I get your point I'm just pointing out how home field can be a bit overrated in baseball.

I guess when you lose 2 straight on the road then come home for game 6 and 7 of the ALCS and lose, I can see how you would think home field advantage is overrated... Even Colorado has a winning record at home this year (7-33 on the road)..

GreenMonster said:
I guess when you lose 2 straight on the road then come home for game 6 and 7 of the ALCS and lose, I can see how you would think home field advantage is overrated... Even Colorado has a winning record at home this year (7-33 on the road)..

We took 2 of 3 at fenway in both '99 & '03, in '96 we were undefeated on the road w/ our only losses coming at home. In '98 we lost once at home and once on the road, in '99 we lost once on the road, in '00 we won a Game 5 in the LDS at Oak, we won 2 of 3 at Sea and lost once at home. In '03 Fla won 2 at Yankee Stadium, it's a bit overrated, yeah you want it but the better team will usuually win whether they have homefield or not.

nyjunc said:
We took 2 of 3 at fenway in both '99 & '03, in '96 we were undefeated on the road w/ our only losses coming at home. In '98 we lost once at home and once on the road, in '99 we lost once on the road, in '00 we won a Game 5 in the LDS at Oak, we won 2 of 3 at Sea and lost once at home. In '03 Fla won 2 at Yankee Stadium, it's a bit overrated, yeah you want it but the better team will usuually win whether they have homefield or not.

We beat you guys in 2003 because we were a better team. It was destiny that year. :D

How is home field overrated when the object of a good season is to only finish 500 on the road. Think about it, without hurting your head, of course.

Home field is more important in baseball then football(in most circumstances), that's a fact.

MikeO said:

You really have to be joking with that. Nevermind homefield, it's obvious Red Sox hitters love Fenway, and have for a couple of years now. (Any baseball fan will be able to tell you that the Red Sox are a better team at home, but forget it.) How about the number of games the Yankees have remaining against teams with a .500 winning percentage or better?? (Tops in all of baseball) Is that meaningless too??

Gimme a break..:shakeno:

FiN.in.RI said:
How is home field overrated when the object of a good season is to only finish 500 on the road. Think about it, without hurting your head, of course.

Home field is more important in baseball then football(in most circumstances), that's a fact.

MikeO cannot be serious. There's no way he can be that oblivious and actually believe what he wrote.

Back
Top Bottom