Official Red Sox '05 thread | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Red Sox '05 thread

FaninPatsyLand said:
MikeO cannot be serious. There's no way he can be that oblivious and actually believe what he wrote.

Well, whoever posted it must not know(and/or never played) sports, specifically baseball, that well.

Either that or just likes to talk out of his/her ***. One of the two or both.

Pathetic.

nyjunc said:
Home can be a distraction too, our great teams on the late 90-early 00s were always greta road teams and seemed to struggle more at home.

Well those teams didn't have the makeup of these Red Sox. They have been a .500 team on the road, and dominated at home for a couple years now.

The only way home can be a distraction for a whole team is if that team isn't playing well in their home ballpark. Sure it can be a distraction to individual players who struggle, and the fans get on them. It's a good thing we have the best offense in baseball top to bottom, one guy isn't going to slow this team down.

nyjunc said:
Home can be a distraction too, our great teams on the late 90-early 00s were always greta road teams and seemed to struggle more at home.

Yea it can be but just as much as anything else can be a distraction. Overall though, home field is a true advantage in baseball no matter how you slice it.

There may have been successful teams that actually perform better on the road then at home maybe, once every, like, 5 years.

Forget about the records, look at it objectively. Each team that does it right is typically suited to play in its own ballpark. I know the Marlins always look at gap hitters and pitchers who don't necessarily strike out a lot of batters.

The Phillies let Eric Milton go because they knew he'd give up tons of gopherballs in that boombox, which is what Cincinnati is finding out all too quickly right now. The Yankees overpaid for Jason Giambi because they figured he could go yard very easily with the short porch in right field. Hell, the Tigers built Comerica huge so the pitching staff would have a chance compared to Tiger Stadium.

Regardless, there's a definite strategy when you're playing at home or on the road because you get the last AB. In a game that goes extra innings or is close late, the road team has to be more aggressive and take more risks. Take this situation...no outs, runner on first. Game is tied. Road team can't afford to risk the out on a bunt because that leaves you with a runner on second with one out. Even if you do score the run, you don't necessarily win the game. However, in the same situation, the home team can try whatever it wants because they have the security of last licks.

Just slightly off topic....

I went to Cape Caaad this past weekend, and you guys really, really, REALLY have to get over the hatred of the Yankees! :lol:

It's almost like you enjoy hating them more than you enjoy rooting for the Sox! EVERYWHERE I went there were stores selling "Yankees SUCK!" and "Chokers!" shirts. You come down here and you don't see ANYTHING about the Sox. It's obsession up there, huh?

Even on the whale watch I went on, the hostess was giving directions to everyone on board and she says:

"Everyone who's wearing a hat, please make sure that it is snug on your head or else it WILL fly off. We don't want any debris to go into the ocean and possibly harm any of the wildlife.

Unless of course, you're wearing a Yankee cap. Then feel free to let it blow overboard!"

Really....let it go. You won now....it's not healthy! ;) :roflmao:

Pagan said:
Just slightly off topic....

I went to Cape Caaad this past weekend, and you guys really, really, REALLY have to get over the hatred of the Yankees! :lol:

It's almost like you enjoy hating them more than you enjoy rooting for the Sox! EVERYWHERE I went there were stores selling "Yankees SUCK!" and "Chokers!" shirts. You come down here and you don't see ANYTHING about the Sox. It's obsession up there, huh?

Even on the whale watch I went on, the hostess was giving directions to everyone on board and she says:

"Everyone who's wearing a hat, please make sure that it is snug on your head or else it WILL fly off. We don't want any debris to go into the ocean and possibly harm any of the wildlife.

Unless of course, you're wearing a Yankee cap. Then feel free to let it blow overboard!"

Really....let it go. You won now....it's not healthy! ;) :roflmao:

What, did you spend the day in Provincetown? You must have had a blast.

The yankees ****ing blow by the way.

pssst... so does that POS in your avatar.. :lol:

just playin man..whatever floats your boat is all good, its all love*!

(*bitten off of finsnyanksfan)

FiN.in.RI said:
What, did you spend the day in Provincetown? You must have had a blast.
No, we stayed in Hyannis and spent most of the time at Martha's Vineyard. It was great. Especially when we walked into a karaoke bar are all the yuppies saw my singer and I. Felt like we walked through the swinging doors at a saloon in the old west! :lol:

The yankees ****ing blow by the way.
See what I mean!? Obsession! :lol:

pssst... so does that POS in your avatar.. :lol:
Yes, it does blow....the doors off whatever you're driving. ;)

I take delivery next March. 300 horse right out of the box. One Vortex supercharger and a little tweaking and she's up to 475 horse.

Whatcha got to keep up? :evil:

FiN.in.RI said:
:groucho:

Priceless...

He's so full of himself. When you watch the local sporting programs in New York, if you didn't know any better you'd swear the city had 3 professional baseball teams.

Like I've never seen Boston S*cks T-shirts all around Yankee Stadium on my many trips before they were banned. (Or ALL of NYC and NJ for that matter.)

Pagan said:
No, we stayed in Hyannis and spent most of the time at Martha's Vineyard. It was great. Especially when we walked into a karaoke bar are all the yuppies saw my singer and I. Felt like we walked through the swinging doors at a saloon in the old west! :lol:

See what I mean!? Obsession! :lol:

Yes, it does blow....the doors off whatever you're driving. ;)

I take delivery next March. 300 horse right out of the box. One Vortex supercharger and a little tweaking and she's up to 475 horse.

Whatcha got to keep up? :evil:

eh.. 300 horses, bleh.. my Audi is more fun to drive with its 225. in terms of straight power i'll take a z3 and wipe my a$$ with that ford and disentegrate the sand that gets blown up in it's wake.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Priceless...

He's so full of himself. When you watch the local sporting programs in New York, if you didn't know any better you'd swear the city had 3 professional baseball teams.

Like I've never seen Boston S*cks T-shirts all around Yankee Stadium on my many trips before they were banned. (Or ALL of NYC and NJ for that matter.)
It's called tongue-in-cheek. Look up the definition.

FIN.in.RI got it. You can too if you try hard enough. ;)

FiN.in.RI said:
eh.. 300 horses, bleh.. my Audi is more fun to drive with its 225. in terms of straight power i'll take a z3 and wipe my a$$ with that ford and disentegrate the sand that gets blown up in it's wake.
A Z3??? Hold on...excuse me.....

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Okay, sorry.....had to let that out. You show me a Z3 that'll take the 'Stang in the 1/4 mile. I've heard there is one. Bigfoot owns it! :lol:

You get your Z3, I'll take out my '73 'Cuda 340 and you can spend the rest of the day picking the little melted pieces of tire off your windshield.

And by the way, your Audi with 225? I could probably take you with my Saturn. :lol:

Pagan said:
A Z3??? Hold on...excuse me.....

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Okay, sorry.....had to let that out. You show me a Z3 that'll take the 'Stang in the 1/4 mile. I've heard there is one. Bigfoot owns it! :lol:

You get your Z3, I'll take out my '73 'Cuda 340 and you can spend the rest of the day picking the little melted pieces of tire off your windshield.

And by the way, your Audi with 225? I could probably take you with my Saturn. :lol:

I don't drive my audi for power. I wouldn't have gotten an Audi if I wanted a power vehicle.

You take out your Cuda and i'll get my boys 79 'vette.. we'll see whos left pissing in the wind. bwa, ha, ha

Back
Top Bottom