***Official Senior Bowl Thread*** | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Senior Bowl Thread***

Marcus McNeil with the catch. I love seeing lineman try to run :lol:

PhinSoldia said:
nope his stock might have been earthed today but he is still a top candidate...and after today he will be at 16 for us

don't jinx it. If the guy makes one great clutch throw, the hype machine will start right back up

PhinSoldia said:
nope his stock might have been earthed today but he is still a top candidate...and after today he will be at 16 for us

nope? have you seen his performance today against college seniors? he needs a lot of work.

Brian Iwuh has impressed in pratice and now on the field today.. theres a kid whos stock is rising.. wouldent mind him or Addae in the 4th... Hodge stood up McNeil on that play pretty nice as well...

I have stayed out of the Cutler discussions pretty much, because I don't feel I know enough about him to claim an opinion. Others certainly know more about him than I do.

But there is at least one reason he makes me nervous, and it has little to do with him.

The secret to being a good GM in football or baseball is finding talent that is undervalued by everyody else and avoiding talent that is overvalued by everybody else.

And one of the traits that I feel is consistently OVERvalued in the draft is arm strength. So I get nervous about any QB who shoots up the draft based largely on arm strength.

PhinSoldia said:

I think he's the kind of guy that would benefit most from the Carson Palmer treatment.

ABrownLamp said:
Cutler needs a looooot of work before he is ready to start in the NFL

i love cutler, and he doesnt need a ton of work, but he does need some work thats for sure. if we drafted him i definitly wouldnt expect him to start from day 1.

That reception by McNiell was impressive. Not so much the catch, but he showed some good athleticism for such a big guy...

Pocoloco said:
don't jinx it. If the guy makes one great clutch throw, the hype machine will start right back up
To late hes going to the JETS. :boohoo:

Caps said:
I think he's the kind of guy that would benefit most from the Carson Palmer treatment.

thats what he's gona get if he signs with us anyway because Gus is going to be our QB next year or another vet...thats the only way to go with most rookies anyway

nopony said:
I have stayed out of the Cutler discussions pretty much, because I don't feel I know enough about him to claim an opinion. Others certainly know more about him than I do.

But there is at least one reason he makes me nervous, and it has little to do with him.

The secret to being a good GM in football or baseball is finding talent that is undervalued by everyody else and avoiding talent that is overvalued by everybody else.

And one of the traits that I feel is consistently OVERvalued in the draft is arm strength. So I get nervous about any QB who shoots up the draft based largely on arm strength.

well he hasnt shot up the draft based on arm strength. i watched him alot of the year, loved the kid, at the end of the vandy @ gators game, i stated he then put himself into the first round.

nopony said:

great point. accuracy and good decision making a much more important qualities in a quaterback. The guy still has to have decent arm strength, but not necessary the best in the league. Look at the quarterbacks in the playoffs this year (Peyton, Roethlesberger, Delhomme, Brady, Grossman, Hasselbeck), they all fit that mold (except Palmer, who has everything). Strong-armed but dim-witted quarterbacks are exciting but rarely go anywhere (Vick, Brooks, Jeff George).

Back
Top Bottom