***Official Senior Bowl Thread*** | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Senior Bowl Thread***

Pocoloco said:
great point. accuracy and good decision making a much more important qualities in a quaterback. The guy still has to have decent arm strength, but not necessary the best in the league. Look at the quarterbacks in the playoffs this year (Peyton, Roethlesberger, Delhomme, Brady, Grossman, Hasselbeck), they all fit that mold (except Palmer, who has everything). Strong-armed but dim-witted quarterbacks are exciting but rarely go anywhere (Vick, Brooks, Jeff George).

Delhomme, brady and grossman have very strong arms. Cutler reminds me of Delhomme a bit.

nopony said:
I have stayed out of the Cutler discussions pretty much, because I don't feel I know enough about him to claim an opinion. Others certainly know more about him than I do.

But there is at least one reason he makes me nervous, and it has little to do with him.

The secret to being a good GM in football or baseball is finding talent that is undervalued by everyody else and avoiding talent that is overvalued by everybody else.

And one of the traits that I feel is consistently OVERvalued in the draft is arm strength. So I get nervous about any QB who shoots up the draft based largely on arm strength.

Cutler certainly hasn't played like a first round pick, let alone a top ten pick, so far today...

General Tso said:
Cutler certainly hasn't played like a first round pick, let alone a top ten pick, so far today...

yep and i for one am very happy because with his individual combine workouts he is going to regroup his stock and he will be right there for us at 16 if we want him

I think the reason everybody is fascinated about the strong arm thing is because nobody wants to see anyone with Jay Fiedler armstength.

General Tso said:

Agree with that. He looks more like JP Losman, minus the mobility.

PhinSoldia said:
yep and i for one am very happy because with his individual combine workouts he is going to regroup his stock and he will be right there for us at 16 if we want him

this performance so far hasnt dropped him to us, so dont think his workouts will move him back up to us.

PhinsRDbest said:
I think the reason everybody is fascinated about the strong arm thing is because nobody wants to see anyone with Jay Fiedler armstength.

not only that...because we can spread the ball down the field and use the Play pass for downfield passes....we want a total QB he can throw the short ball and the long ball too

Nappy Roots said:
Delhomme, brady and grossman have very strong arms. Cutler reminds me of Delhomme a bit.

Peyton and Roethlisberger aren't packing water pistols either.

Agua said:
Agree with that. He looks more like JP Losman, minus the mobility.

:puke:

EDIT: Ok, so that's not a picture, but you get the idea. :D

Caps said:
Peyton and Roethlisberger aren't packing water pistols either.

no, but those 2 more than the others use alot of touch, so you rarely see them throw as hard as they can.

Nappy Roots said:
this performance so far hasnt dropped him to us, so dont think his workouts will move him back up to us.

he has dropped tho because many people who thought so highly of him are opening thier eyes to know that he shouldnt be soaring like that...he still needs some work so yes he has dropped. now with the indivual combine workouts that highlights his release and his arm streangth and if he knows when to gun it or take something off of it THEN it will go back up(or not)

Nappy Roots said:

1 INT, 2 other passes that should've been INTs, and 2 passes that were completely off the mark. I think this performance, so far at least, would concern me if I was using a top ten pick on him.

If Cutler doesn't play better in the 2nd half then he'll need a big rebound at the combine/workouts or he may fall to 16.

PhinSoldia said:
he has dropped tho because many people who thought so highly of him are opening thier eyes to know that he shouldnt be soaring like that...he still needs some work so yes he has dropped. now with the indivual combine workouts that highlights his release and his arm streangth and if he knows when to gun it or take something off of it THEN it will go back up(or not)

im not gonna say he hasnt dropped, because people were talkin about him with leinart, and after this i would hope they wouldnt because hes not. but he still hasnt dropped to us.

Back
Top Bottom