Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

For UFC fans who live in Vegas:

Come meet UFC fighter RAMPAGE JACKSON Friday, May 22nd at the Best Buy on Maryland Pkwy!!!!
He will be there from 6:00pm to 7:30pm to sign autographs and promote the new UFC Undisputed 2009 game being released May 19th.
Don't miss your opportunity to meet him!!

Best Buy Store 289
3820 S. Mayland Pkwy
Las Vegas, NV 89119
702-732-8283 ext. 2180

Lol. Pleaaase. Shogun was never winning that fight. It's a convenient excuse that he was coming off an injury -- who cares. You step in the cage your healthy enough to fight. Was Shogun's injury also hampering him fighting Coleman cause he looked terrible in that fight.

Ok, the Shogun part was bad enough, but saying Jackson lost cause he took Forrest lightly doesn't even deserve a response.

You're welcome to believe Anderson will beat Forrest, but to discredit a fighters wins is pretty sad IMO. It's not like Forrest went in the cage and ran from these marquee names. He got in there and exchanged and earned victories.

Did you see Shogun KO Chuck? I don't think Shogun was fully back for that fight, but there's not way in Hell Forrest beats THAT Shogun. So, yes, I think Shogun was still recovering during the Coleman fight. I think he's still getting back to where he once was. I'm not taking anything away from Forrest - simply stating facts. He beat Shogun because Shogun was out of shape - probably due to his injury. Shogun was also MUCH slower in his first two UFC fights. And Rampage won the fight. He didn't knock him out like he should have, but he still out fought him. Forrest won the fight because the UFC lurrrves them some Forrest.

He can't finish people. He's not threat. He can only hope to point people to death - aka win a decision. Against fighters like Anderson Silva, that doesn't work. Silva will know that Forrest can't finish him, so he'll be aggressive.

Did you see Shogun KO Chuck? I don't think Shogun was fully back for that fight, but there's not way in Hell Forrest beats THAT Shogun. So, yes, I think Shogun was still recovering during the Coleman fight. I think he's still getting back to where he once was. I'm not taking anything away from Forrest - simply stating facts. He beat Shogun because Shogun was out of shape - probably due to his injury. Shogun was also MUCH slower in his first two UFC fights. And Rampage won the fight. He didn't knock him out like he should have, but he still out fought him. Forrest won the fight because the UFC lurrrves them some Forrest.

Chuck is pushing 40. He's lost 4 of his last 5 fights. He was knocked out two other times in that span(Rashad, Rampage) and was also knocked down by both Wanderlei and Jardine(He's been on his *** every fight for the last 5.) You expect me to be impressed by Shogun doing the same? Forrest is a better fighter than Chuck is right now by a landslide. Really shows your bias with how you praise him for that, and discredit Forrest's wins.

He can't finish people. He's not threat. He can only hope to point people to death - aka win a decision. Against fighters like Anderson Silva, that doesn't work. Silva will know that Forrest can't finish him, so he'll be aggressive.

That's weird, you must think Machida really sucks. He's a 'out-pointing' expert. Most people think he will mop Rashad and win the belt.

That's weird, you must think Machida really sucks. He's a 'out-pointing' expert. Most people think he will mop Rashad and win the belt.

Machida has finished Franklin and Thiago Silva. He's a very capable finisher - by both KO and submission. What quality fighter has Griffin KO'd or submitted? And, the Shogun fight obviously doesn't count. Shogun gave his back just so he could stop fighting. He was that tired.

Also, Chuck was winning the Evan's fight before he got caught, and Rampage is one of the best light heavy weights in the game today. I think Chuck would be Griffin 4 out of 5 times. To beat Chuck, you have to threaten him. Griffin isn't a threat to anyone - save for an out-pointing threat.

If you've actually seen Machida fight, you'd know that he's a very capable finisher, and if you've seen Griffin fight, you'd know he's not.

Machida has finished Franklin and Thiago Silva. He's a very capable finisher - by both KO and submission. What quality fighter has Griffin KO'd or submitted? And, the Shogun fight obviously doesn't count. Shogun gave his back just so he could stop fighting. He was that tired.

Machida has finished one fight by KO in 3 years, his last, and 4 KOs in 14 fights why try and twist it? He's a point fighter.

There is no fight that 'doesn't count.' Shogun stepped in the cage he was healthy to fight. Shogun gave his back because Forrest was tooling him on the feet and the ground.

Also, Chuck was winning the Evan's fight before he got caught, and Rampage is one of the best light heavy weights in the game today. I think Chuck would be Griffin 4 out of 5 times. To beat Chuck, you have to threaten him. Griffin isn't a threat to anyone - save for an out-pointing threat.

Chuck was winning the Shogun fight before he got caught too, what's your point? Chuck doesn't defend punches, and he's much slower to react in his old age, thus he always gets caught, it's inevitable. What part of 4 losses in his last 5, 2 KOs and 7 knockdowns is not registering? Chuck is one of my all time favorite fighters but facts are facts, and your arguing with pure bias.

I don't know what your obsession is with finishing fights, a win is a win. Sure finishes are more exciting but it doesn't mean a fighter is less skilled or accomplished in the sport. You talk as if Forrest just punches and runs. No, Forrest gets in the pocket and exchanges, the only difference is he lacks KO power. Which is more, not less of a testament to his ability because he still wins fights without good power.

Once again, I don't care who you root for, or think is better, but trying to cheapen Forrest's achievements and overall ability is quite sad to me. Reeks of bitter Shogun fanboyism.

Almost everything you're saying is blatantly wrong.

There is no fight that 'doesn't count.' Shogun stepped in the cage he was healthy to fight. Shogun gave his back because Forrest was tooling him on the feet and the ground.

He was not healthy to fight. He looked like an old-man version of himself. Shogun was winning the striking game before he gassed. He gassed and then couldn't even hold his hands above his waist. If you couldn't see that - couldn't hold his hands above his ****ing waist - I don't know what you are capable of seeing.

Chuck was winning the Shogun fight before he got caught too, what's your point? Chuck doesn't defend punches, and he's much slower to react in his old age, thus he always gets caught, it's inevitable. What part of 4 losses in his last 5, 2 KOs and 7 knockdowns is not registering? Chuck is one of my all time favorite fighters but facts are facts, and your arguing with pure bias.

Chuck was NOT winning the fight before Shogun caught him - not even close. He is not the fighter he was. That much is clear. That said, the primary difference is the competition level. When he was dominating, there was no one in his weight class that posed a real threat - save for Randy, but even Randy had a bad match up against him. When the UFC expanded and started bringing in some great strikers, Chuck found himself primarily outclassed. Rampage is one of the best boxers - not the most complete striker - in the class, and before Shogun blew out his knee, many people had him as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. He beat Wanderlei Silva, and he looked very sharp in the win. The loss to Jardine I attribute as a hangover loss. Jardine's an awkward fighter anyway, but I don't think Chuck had recovered from the loss to Rampage. Until that fight, he had been untouchable for a few years (in the UFC). I attribute his loss to Evans as a stupid mistake. Up until that point, Evans hadn't shown a good deal of punching power, so I don't think Chuck feared him at all.

I don't know what your obsession is with finishing fights, a win is a win. Sure finishes are more exciting but it doesn't mean a fighter is less skilled or accomplished in the sport. You talk as if Forrest just punches and runs. No, Forrest gets in the pocket and exchanges, the only difference is he lacks KO power. Which is more, not less of a testament to his ability because he still wins fights without good power.

Forrest fights to the best of his ability. He utilizes what he has as much as anyone in the UFC. I actually like him - not as much as most people, but I find him to be a generally amiable character. The issue is not that Forrest does not finish fights. It's that he isn't capable of finishing fights against good fighters. This has nothing to do with how much I like him. It has everything to do with his chances of beating a fighter like Anderson Silva. When you fight a striker as dynamic as Silva, you had better give him something to keep him honest. There is no area of Griffin's game that Silva has to take into account. Silva's last fight was boring because he had to worry about Leites' submissions. Forrest has no aspect of his game to keep Silva honest in that way.

Once again, I don't care who you root for, or think is better, but trying to cheapen Forrest's achievements and overall ability is quite sad to me. Reeks of bitter Shogun fanboyism.

MMA is too transient in nature for me to attach myself to one fighter. I enjoy watching certain fighters more than others. One of the best things about the sport is that the most dynamic fighters tend to be the best. Though Machida doesn't always finish people, I find his fights very dynamic. If Shogun can get back to where he was, he will be Machida's greatest competition at LH.

Almost everything you're saying is blatantly wrong.

He was not healthy to fight. He looked like an old-man version of himself. Shogun was winning the striking game before he gassed. He gassed and then couldn't even hold his hands above his waist. If you couldn't see that - couldn't hold his hands above his ****ing waist - I don't know what you are capable of seeing.

Your right, he didn't look like he did in Pride. Too bad they didn't continue to let him juice up in the States as he did in Japan huh?

Chuck was NOT winning the fight before Shogun caught him - not even close. He is not the fighter he was. That much is clear. That said, the primary difference is the competition level. When he was dominating, there was no one in his weight class that posed a real threat - save for Randy, but even Randy had a bad match up against him. When the UFC expanded and started bringing in some great strikers, Chuck found himself primarily outclassed. Rampage is one of the best boxers - not the most complete striker - in the class, and before Shogun blew out his knee, many people had him as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. He beat Wanderlei Silva, and he looked very sharp in the win. The loss to Jardine I attribute as a hangover loss. Jardine's an awkward fighter anyway, but I don't think Chuck had recovered from the loss to Rampage. Until that fight, he had been untouchable for a few years (in the UFC). I attribute his loss to Evans as a stupid mistake. Up until that point, Evans hadn't shown a good deal of punching power, so I don't think Chuck feared him at all.

Lol, i'm not going to get into an argument whether Chuck was winning or not. It wasn't even a full one round fight. But that round was close in landed strikes until Chuck was knocked down, I don't know where you get 'not even close.'

But in the end, your basicly just making the case for why Chuck is washed up, thus re-enforcing my point that Shogun winning this fight wasn't very impressive.

Forrest fights to the best of his ability. He utilizes what he has as much as anyone in the UFC. I actually like him - not as much as most people, but I find him to be a generally amiable character. The issue is not that Forrest does not finish fights. It's that he isn't capable of finishing fights against good fighters. This has nothing to do with how much I like him. It has everything to do with his chances of beating a fighter like Anderson Silva. When you fight a striker as dynamic as Silva, you had better give him something to keep him honest. There is no area of Griffin's game that Silva has to take into account. Silva's last fight was boring because he had to worry about Leites' submissions. Forrest has no aspect of his game to keep Silva honest in that way.

Forrest is the number 3 ranked LHW in the world. He has plenty of ability. What he doesn't have is KO power. Now, as well rounded as he may be, he prefers to strike. So on paper, yes Anderson has the advantage. But then again so did Rampage right? Obviously Page had way more power. And it was a 5 round fight. Forrest got caught a few times but persevered in the end. Few can contend with Forrest Griffin's heart. That's what makes him a top fighter more than anything else.

MMA is too transient in nature for me to attach myself to one fighter. I enjoy watching certain fighters more than others. One of the best things about the sport is that the most dynamic fighters tend to be the best. Though Machida doesn't always finish people, I find his fights very dynamic. If Shogun can get back to where he was, he will be Machida's greatest competition at LH.

There was nothing dynamic about Shogun's last fight, or any he's had in the UFC really. Sounds like your living on passed glory my friend.

machidavsrashadgoodfellasstyle-1.gif

ha, pretty close to what actually happened. Damn I'm glad Machida got him. I think he'll have the belt almost as long as Liddell did if not longer. I want to see him and Anderson Silva fight, that should be interesting.
It was a great night, I watched at my buddies and he has a mini movie theater complete with posters and a popcorn machine. Also another one of our friend's knows some Red Bull girls and two came by and gave us free Red Bull and that new cola they have has a horrible after taste. But great night had by all.

I cant stand Rashad, im glad he got beat.

Are you guys looking foward for UFC 100?

im looking forward to ufc 100 definitely. i wish they would start the broad cast earlier because theirs quite a few fights on the under card i would want to see, that likely wont be broad casted...

Back
Top Bottom