Offseason MLB rumors | Page 127 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason MLB rumors

Hey, let's not go posting whole stories. Especially when the stories represent no difference from what's been said since October (that's on the reporters for chasing the proverbial dangling carrot, not on you).

Gah, I'm so excited that we can close this thread soon. I can't wait.

Hey, let's not go posting whole stories. Especially when the stories represent no difference from what's been said since October (that's on the reporters for chasing the proverbial dangling carrot, not on you).

Gah, I'm so excited that we can close this thread soon. I can't wait.

Im with you on that one.

Daisuke Matsuzaka would be honored if Seattle’s Ichiro Suzuki ends up signing with the Sox if he becomes a free agent after this season. "I played on the same team with him during the World Baseball Classic and by being on the same team, I felt his greatness and ability and responsibility,” Matsuzaka said. “If I could be on the same team as him, there would be no other person I could count on more, but in the end (the decision is Ichiro’s).”

http://www.benmaller.com/archives/2007/february/23#134066

Only weeks after announcing that he planned to file for free agency if he didn’t have an extension in place for 2008, Curt Schilling was beaten to the punch by the Sox, who informed him that they don’t plan to discuss any future deal until after the upcoming season. The 40-year-old, who only recently revealed that he wasn’t going to retire at the end of his contract this year, got the news from general manager Theo Epstein during a brief meeting Wednesday afternoon. “It’s disappointing, but things don’t always work out the way you want them to work out,” said Schilling, who went 15-7 with a 3.97 ERA in 31 starts last season. “This is a business decision, and like it or not, that’s what they decided, and you’ve got to live with it.”

Bernie Williams told The Post yesterday afternoon that nothing has changed regarding his status, although he wouldn't address the issue of retirement or say whether he will eventually head to Florida to join the Yankees. A subdued Williams, who recently spoke with former teammate Derek Jeter but hadn't returned phone calls from GM Brian Cashman, manager Joe Torre or catcher Jorge Posada, made the comment outside his Westchester County mansion. He pulled into his gated driveway at 2:40 p.m. with what appeared to be his daughter in the passenger seat of his Chevy SUV. Asked if anything had changed, Williams said, "No."

The Yankees’ five regular starters threw batting practice, and when they were done, Phil Hughes and Humberto Sánchez did the same. They are the Yankees’ two prized pitching prospects, and they did not disappoint. Hughes threw 34 pitches, and the hitters put two in play. Sánchez was a bit wild, but Jason Giambi guessed that he threw 96 miles an hour. Hughes and Sánchez are the cornerstones of the Yankees’ emphasis on young pitching. “From the first day when we all walked in, it looked like a corral — just a bunch of horses,” the backup catcher Todd Pratt said. “I’d be pretty happy if I was Mr. Cashman.” Brian Cashman, the general manager, has no plans to put Hughes or Sánchez in the majors out of camp. But Hughes, especially, drew raves. He might be the best pitching prospect in baseball.

The Yankees’ five regular starters threw batting practice, and when they were done, Phil Hughes and Humberto Sánchez did the same. They are the Yankees’ two prized pitching prospects, and they did not disappoint. Hughes threw 34 pitches, and the hitters put two in play. Sánchez was a bit wild, but Jason Giambi guessed that he threw 96 miles an hour. Hughes and Sánchez are the cornerstones of the Yankees’ emphasis on young pitching. “From the first day when we all walked in, it looked like a corral  just a bunch of horses,†the backup catcher Todd Pratt said. “I’d be pretty happy if I was Mr. Cashman.†Brian Cashman, the general manager, has no plans to put Hughes or Sánchez in the majors out of camp. But Hughes, especially, drew raves. He might be the best pitching prospect in baseball.

That must have been some batting practice if he is now possibly the best pitching prospect in all of baseball. GEEZ!!!! Talk about overreaction

Daisuke Matsuzaka would be honored if Seattle’s Ichiro Suzuki ends up signing with the Sox if he becomes a free agent after this season. "I played on the same team with him during the World Baseball Classic and by being on the same team, I felt his greatness and ability and responsibility,†Matsuzaka said. “If I could be on the same team as him, there would be no other person I could count on more, but in the end (the decision is Ichiro’s).â€Â
then he shoulda just signed with seattle instead of doing all the bs betting.......:shrug:

w/e ichiro gone after this year anyways, i guess i should really enjoy his play this next year cuz i wont see much like it ever again

Ichiro is a great player but what's the difference if he's there or not? I get that the exposure and money coming in from Japan helps but strictly on the field they're a last place team with him and a last place team without him. Depending on team needs Dye/Jones/Ichiro is a pretty good free agent OF class.

Seatle won't let Ichiro walk. Then there is NO REASON for those fans in Seattle to ever buy a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom