Offseason MLB rumors | Page 128 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason MLB rumors

I'd pay to see Felix Hernandez pitch in a couple of years when he really develops into a stud. That's it though.

Other teams mine as well let him develop if he he reaches his potential i'm guessing he'll be out of Seattle when he becomes a UFA. Some teams know what they're doing when they realize they won't be able to keep players like Minnesota/Oakland yet they restock. Seattle signs Sexson and Beltre to big deals and probably will let Ichiro walk. I hate to accuse anybody of taking performance enhancers but Beltre hit 40 or so one year and now he's hitting like 16.

Other teams mine as well let him develop if he he reaches his potential i'm guessing he'll be out of Seattle when he becomes a UFA. Some teams know what they're doing when they realize they won't be able to keep players like Minnesota/Oakland yet they restock. Seattle signs Sexson and Beltre to big deals and probably will let Ichiro walk. I hate to accuse anybody of taking performance enhancers but Beltre hit 40 or so one year and now he's hitting like 16.

I dont know if Beltre used roids or anything I think he just doesnt care. He wasnt much in LA until his contract year rolled around and he dominated. Once he got paid he went back to the player he was.

I dont know if Beltre used roids or anything I think he just doesnt care. He wasnt much in LA until his contract year rolled around and he dominated. Once he got paid he went back to the player he was.

I maybe wrong and i'm going off the top of my head but he was signed at 16 or something. Had ton of potential and had that one great season and has been just another guy since.

The Yankees don't plan to negotiate a new contract until after the season, but Jorge Posada clearly isn't worried by the uncertainty. He dismisses the thought so quickly, it's as if he's swatting a fly. "If you do what you're supposed to, everything is going to take care of itself," Posada said. "And if it doesn't work out here, you've got other places to go." Not that Posada foresees that. He takes his role as one of the veteran leaders very seriously, and his influence in the clubhouse seems to grow each year.

http://www.benmaller.com/archives/2007/february/26#134209

Dodgers left-handed pitcher Matt White has almost no chance of making the opening-day roster. ... White, however, could become the wealthiest player in the clubhouse, according to the Los Angeles Times , quite a distinction considering Kent has made $67 million, Gonzalez has made $63 million and Nomar Garciaparra has made $61 million. White owns a rock quarry in Massachusetts that could eventually produce more than $2 billion worth of mica schist flatstone, which is used for walks, patios, steps, walls, hearths and ponds.
The stone was formed 400 million years ago from sandy mud sediments deposited on an ancient sea bottom. White's father is operating the quarry, which is off to a modest start, producing $60,000 worth of stone last year.
A geologist, however, told White that as much as 24 million tons of the stone is on the mountainous 50-acre property, which White purchased from his aging aunt so she would have enough money to live in a nursing home.
"We had no idea the rock was there until I started clearing out a couple acres to build a house," White said.

GM Brian Cashman all but sealed the end of Bernie Williams’s career as a Yankee by saying that the club was well stocked with outfielders and would not pursue him now. “It’s not an option,” Cashman said of Williams’s return. “There is no option. We know Bobby’s coming back. It’s just a question of when. “This is why this winter, when people came after us for Melky, we didn’t move him. And we always have Kevin Thompson and Kevin Reese, among others.” Neither Williams nor his agent, Scott Boras, responded to phone messages Monday. Williams is believed to be working out near his home in Westchester County, N.Y.

http://www.benmaller.com/archives/2007/february/27#134597

Manny Ramirez’ agent yesterday said the slugger wants to stay with the Red Sox for the remainder of his playing career. “Manny is at peace with his situation in Boston,” said Gene Mato, one of Ramirez’ representatives, yesterday. “He has indicated to me that he would look forward to the opportunity to retire in a Boston uniform.” Ramirez’ moods and mind have been known to flip-flop before, and his relationship with the Red Sox has sustained more than its fair share of peaks and valleys, especially around trading deadlines or entire offseasons, when either the club or player has pursued a divorce. Still, the declaration by Mato represents a somewhat startling turnabout for one of the top right-handed hitters of the last decade and a fixture in the heart of the batting order. The eight-year, $160 million contract that Ramirez, who will turn 35 on May 30, signed with the Red Sox as a free agent before the 2001 season contains two option years (2009 and ’10) worth $20 million apiece. Ramirez also has the right to veto any potential trades.

http://www.benmaller.com/archives/2007/february/28#134721

Back
Top Bottom