Offseason MLB rumors | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offseason MLB rumors

• The most significant free-agent position player likely to sign at these meetings may be Julio Lugo. The Red Sox are chasing him as a shortstop. The Mets want him to play second base. And the Cubs are after him as some kind of super-utility guy who, for now, would probably play center field. Lugo, however, prefers to play short. Which seems to indicate that the Red Sox are the favorite to sign him. The Cubs could clear a spot at shortstop by trading Cesar Izturis. But they're focused on starting pitching first. So they're not likely to move fast enough to keep Lugo from going elsewhere.

apparently ESP is hyping a potential trade to come within 72 hours that will quote "shock the world"....anyone else see or hear this?

Slappy8800 said:
apparently ESP is hyping a potential trade to come within 72 hours that will quote "shock the world"....anyone else see or hear this?

Hmmmm........AROD?

i was thinkin maybe gagne for manny since BOS wants a closer and LA wants manny

Slappy8800 said:
i was thinkin maybe gagne for manny since BOS wants a closer and LA wants manny

Gagne is a FA i thought

The only Earth-shaking deal I can think of would be Manny for A-Rod and relievers. Think about it...Boston needs a SS, New York needs a right-handed power hitter that they could plug into 1B. If Manny is willing to move positions, it could work, and the contracts can be adjusted.

But I don't think this will happen. Neither team would want to see their player in the other uniform.

RWhitney014 said:
The only Earth-shaking deal I can think of would be Manny for A-Rod and relievers. Think about it...Boston needs a SS, New York needs a right-handed power hitter that they could plug into 1B. If Manny is willing to move positions, it could work, and the contracts can be adjusted.

But I don't think this will happen. Neither team would want to see their player in the other uniform.

It'd be funny though because all of a sudden all the Redsox fans would proably cheer for Arod and same way with yankee fans and manny.

RWhitney014 said:

if we could only go back in time and either ahve the ARod to Boston trade go through or picked up manny through waivers we'd have another title and Boston would still be searching 88 years and counting.

Anyway, Tom Verducci of SI has an article that says Pettitte could be a Yankee again by the end of the week:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/tom_verducci/12/05/yankees.pettitte/index.html

Meanwhile, Angels General Manager Bill Stoneman is believed to have met Monday night with Atlanta GM John Schuerholz to discuss a trade for Adam LaRoche, the Braves' 27-year-old first baseman who hit .285 with 32 home runs and 90 runs batted in last season.

The appeal of LaRoche — beyond being young, productive and, as a player in his first year of arbitration, relatively cheap — is that the Angels believe they can swing a deal for him without giving up pitching.

The Braves, in need of a leadoff man and a second baseman to replace Marcus Giles, who is expected to be traded, are interested in speedy utility player Chone Figgins and first baseman Casey Kotchman.

Any chance of this happening? Seems like we'd have to give up more than that wouldnt we? If we could add a bat without losing young pitching I'm all for that!

Ray Finkle said:
Best news all winter. He only has one more treatment to go and is expected to be at Spring Training! Congrats Jon!

Good for him, I'm glad it all worked out for the best!

Back
Top Bottom