Olajuwon, Ewing, Riley selected as finalists for Hall of Fame | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Olajuwon, Ewing, Riley selected as finalists for Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan? Why not bring Wilt Chamberlain into the conversation?

Can't compare guards that handle the ball to a Center that can't control his touches.

Want to compare him to somebody? compare him to SHAQ. SHAQ won when he got a couple of crappy guards in Kobe and Wade.

Shaq also made a Finals w/ Orlando and what about hakeem? That Houston team wasn't great around him and he made 3 Finals and won 2 Championships.

How about Rik Smits? He managed to help his team beat Ewing and the Knicks.

Barkley made a Finals appearance.

Karl Malone made 2.

Ewing made 1.

Duncan has won 4 Championships.

SHAQ got humiliated in that finals vs. Houston.

You are talking Hakeem..a top 3 center all-time.

Rick Smits? puhleeze.

Barkley, Malone, Ewing didn't win anything. They also didn;t play center.

Duncan is a Power Forward.

Apples with Apples okay?

BTW..Barkley and Magic said on TNT that they would recommend ZO for the Hall of Fame. So those two guys are as clueless as Bill Russell?

SHAQ got humiliated in that finals vs. Houston.

You are talking Hakeem..a top 3 center all-time.

Rick Smits? puhleeze.

Barkley, Malone, Ewing didn't win anything. They also didn;t play center.

Duncan is a Power Forward.

Apples with Apples okay?

Shaq MADE the finals though so whether he got humiliated or not he made it.

I'd take Smits over Zo and day, he used to eat Ewing up(of course Ewing used to eat him up too).

Duncan is a PF/C and regardless of position he's a big man who doesn't have the ball in his hands which was your point earlier, right?

These are apples to apples comparisons. Zo is basically a pumped up PF too just like Duncan.

The facts are Zo was a choker and he couldn't lead a team to a single Finals appearance. he made ONE conf Finals thanks to his opponent getting half of their team suspended. Show me other big time big men who only advanced to one conf Finals?

By 1 point. I explained to you how fine a line that is in the NBA.

Great players get the extar points needed to push their teams past barriers. Zo couldn't do it, he wasn't great.

BTW..Barkley and Magic said on TNT that they would recommend ZO for the Hall of Fame. So those two guys are as clueless as Bill Russell?

Russell was a mentor for Zo, they are friends. I'd love to see the comments by Magic and Barkley and they aren't HOF voters for a reason. if these guys were they'd vote in all of their buddies.

Name me the big time player that advanced to just one conf finals in their career?(and only got their b/c the opposing team had a million suspensions).

Great players get the extar points needed to push their teams past barriers. Zo couldn't do it, he wasn't great.

Russell was a mentor for Zo, they are friends. I'd love to see the comments by Magic and Barkley and they aren't HOF voters for a reason. if these guys were they'd vote in all of their buddies.

Name me the big time player that advanced to just one conf finals in their career?(and only got their b/c the opposing team had a million suspensions).

It works both ways. The knicks advanced the following year due to a ZO suspension.

BTW, ZO advanced to 3 conference finals.

Name you the player? There are tons of them. I am not going to waist my time researching something as obvious as that.

FACT: there have been only 6 franchises to win a championship in the last 20 years. There are PLENTY of good players to not have won. Okay?

BTW, ZO HAS A RING. Stop overlooking it. (on purpose of course)

It works both ways. The knicks advanced the following year due to a ZO suspension.

BTW, ZO advanced to 3 conference finals.

Name you the player? There are tons of them. I am not going to waist my time researching something as obvious as that.

FACT: there have been only 6 franchises to win a championship in the last 20 years. There are PLENTY of good players to not have won. Okay?

BTW, ZO HAS A RING. Stop overlooking it. (on purpose of course)

the facts tell us the ONLY tyime the Heat beat the Knicks half the Knicks were suspended. Zo got suspended the following year but the Knicks beat them w/ Zo every time except when half their team was suspended.

Zo advanced to ONE when he was the centerpiece of the team, he rode Shaq and Wade's coattails to 2 more but as a starter where the team was built around him he made ONE.

Name them for me, name me great players that only led their team to 1 conf finals appearance? waster your time, let's see this list.

it's ok not to have won a championship but to never have reached the Finals or only have reached the conf finals especially when you had the best team for a few years.

Zo has a ring b/c of other players. he'd never have a ring if he didn't ride Shaq and Wade's coattails. Zo had his chance to win w/ his team but he couldn't do it.

the facts tell us the ONLY tyime the Heat beat the Knicks half the Knicks were suspended. Zo got suspended the following year but the Knicks beat them w/ Zo every time except when half their team was suspended.

Zo advanced to ONE when he was the centerpiece of the team, he rode Shaq and Wade's coattails to 2 more but as a starter where the team was built around him he made ONE.

Name them for me, name me great players that only led their team to 1 conf finals appearance? waster your time, let's see this list.

it's ok not to have won a championship but to never have reached the Finals or only have reached the conf finals especially when you had the best team for a few years.

Zo has a ring b/c of other players. he'd never have a ring if he didn't ride Shaq and Wade's coattails. Zo had his chance to win w/ his team but he couldn't do it.

I am not going to waste my time. The number must be in the hundreds.

That assertion of yours is ridiculous.

Here ya go.

Just take half of them (at least). There is your answer.

http://www.hoophall.com/halloffamers/bhof-halloffamers-category.html

he did not "ride" anybody's coattails. He was a important contributor. We don't win anything without him. That is a fact that any Heat fan will admit too in here if you just ask them.

BTW, does anybody that isn;t a disgruntled Nets fan agree with you on this ridiculous "Zo the choker" thesis of yours?

he did not "ride" anybody's coattails. He was a important contributor. We don;t win anythign without him. That is a fact that any Heat fan will admit too in here if you just ask them.

The heat would have been in big trouble w/o his 11 mins a game, 4 points and 3 boards. How could anyone win a Championship w/o those valuable contributions.

In the Finals he was huge averaging 4 PPG, 3 RPG, and his 1.5 BPG. He was much more of a facor in '05 and '07(nut still not much) and you didn't win those years, what about his lesser production helped put Miami over the top?

The heat would have been in big trouble w/o his 11 mins a game, 4 points and 3 boards. How could anyone win a Championship w/o those valuable contributions.

In the Finals he was huge averaging 4 PPG, 3 RPG, and his 1.5 BPG. He was much more of a facor in '05 and '07(nut still not much) and you didn't win those years, what about his lesser production helped put Miami over the top?

:lol:

You must have not seen those games.

Seriously. Ask any heat fan. go ahead.

4 points, 3 boards and 1.5 blocks. I don't care what anyone says, the Heat would have won that series w/ or w/o Mourning. The heat won b/c Wade was treated better than Micahel Jordan not of anything Alonzo did and if Zo was not there Wade still would have lived at the FT line and Miami would have won.

4 points, 3 boards and 1.5 blocks. I don't care what anyone says, the Heat would have won that series w/ or w/o Mourning. The heat won b/c Wade was treated better than Micahel Jordan not of anything Alonzo did and if Zo was not there Wade still would have lived at the FT line and Miami would have won.

Of course you don't care what anyone says, because no one agrees with you.

The Heat won because they deserved to win and were the best team that year.

I am waiting for the post in which you wish a meteor landed on the Triple A, during a packed house in a game the heat was winning for a Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom