Olivier Vernon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Olivier Vernon

too early to tell.. good but does he have the ability to be an every down player. we will know by year two.

He's Cam WAKE's backup. We need Cam Wake's fellow starter on the other side.

a better version of Crowder.i did like Crowder and he got a lot of heat from this sight.perhaps being a gator didnt help him either

Exactly what I'd expect from a 3rd rounder. A decent situational player with good ST play that could develop into a solid full time starter within a few years.

i was miffed by the pick.

i think he did well considering.

hope he is in the weight room as we speak. most players take few yearsto shine. jason taylor was very raw coming out. this is how i think of ansah. i think he could be huge in 3-4 years but willing to wait for that at 12?

thats my take

He needs to work on a spin move and upper body strength. We will know more about how he develops after next season.

I think he has a high motor, and loves to get after the football. Thats the kind of aggressive players we need on defense. He will shine next year.

Just read in Barry Jacksons update that Cam Wake is going to be teaching him some more pass rush moves this offseason. :up:

I don't think his strength is/was a problem...he just has no moves...he's very basic. Hopefully, Cam can help him with that (or JT can come back and school him a bit).

I think he could be a baller for us by Year 3.

a better version of Crowder.i did like Crowder and he got a lot of heat from this sight.perhaps being a gator didnt help him either

There are absolutely NO similarities between Olivier Vernon and Channing Crowder, and that's not knocking either guy. Entirely different positions/players.

Olivier Vernon has been miscast by the Dolphins' front office and coaching staff. I thought he might be a little bit better as a pass rusher from end than he ended up being but I think anyone watching him in college should have been able to figure out that he was more of a strong handed run defender as a defensive end, a guy that could be used in a variety of roles yet acquit himself well because of his athleticism. Coming out I thought his best bet in pass rush would be moving inside to play over a guard a la Pernell McPhee/Wallace Gilberry. Otherwise he's a run defending DE/OLB on run downs and that's what he showed in 2012.

I'm not holding my breath on him ever becoming a good pass rusher from end.

OV had a couple great games in a row blocking kicks , scoring a TD and added a few sacks then I hardly heard his name the rest of the season. The thing he's best at is setting the end with his strength and quickness. i'd like to see them draft a 1st or 2nd round big time pass rusher and use OV to spell Wake and the new guy and on run downs.. He's a 5 or 6 sack guy which is good but not the answer opposite Wake.

Does anybody think Vernon can play linebacker? I remember him dropping back in coverage during that Cincy game and he made an unbelievable recovery on a double move and broke the pass up.
He looked like he can move in space pretty damn well.
I'm just curious as to where his ideal position is.
Is he pretty much a DE/pass rusher going forward?
Or could it be more of a benefit if he can play one of the OLB spots and provide a pass rush from there?

Obviously we need another rusher opposite Wake.
But our LB speed has been bothering me for a while too.
I just wanted to hear some people's opinions on it.

Back
Top Bottom