Olivier Vernon | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Olivier Vernon

Olivier Vernon has been miscast by the Dolphins' front office and coaching staff. I thought he might be a little bit better as a pass rusher from end than he ended up being but I think anyone watching him in college should have been able to figure out that he was more of a strong handed run defender as a defensive end, a guy that could be used in a variety of roles yet acquit himself well because of his athleticism. Coming out I thought his best bet in pass rush would be moving inside to play over a guard a la Pernell McPhee/Wallace Gilberry. Otherwise he's a run defending DE/OLB on run downs and that's what he showed in 2012.

I'm not holding my breath on him ever becoming a good pass rusher from end.

Just read your post after posting mine lol. Exactly the stuff I'm looking for.

If he cannot be the stud rusher we need opposite Wake, do you think he can play LB for us at a fairly high level?
I didn't see much to be honest, but the times I have seen him in space/coverage, he looked quite natural.
He seems like a guy with a nose for the football too, something we are lacking at our LB's.

Do you guys think he could step in at Misi's spot and do better?

Bumped cuz I didn't wanna start another thread on Vernon but dude has been ballin of late. He made some big plays against SD our pass rush should huge on that last drive

Any thoughts as to how well Olivier Vernon performed in his rookie season?

He's in his 2nd season. I think he's been solid to good this year. Tough to tell sometimes on how he's doing against the run, though.

OV seems to have survived the harassment of teammates OK and is a very good long term prospect.

Back
Top Bottom