Omar Kelly: "Ryan Tannehill cannot throw-down the Middle? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Kelly: "Ryan Tannehill cannot throw-down the Middle?

the kid threw dimes over outstretched dropping zone lbs on in breaking crossing routes in front of the safeties it's not his fault we have no wr who can give us any run after the catch...how bout the first rive of the game throws a ball against a blown coverage where hartline catches has no one but the safety to make miss and it's 6 points and he's got plenty of time and space to make a move and he gets shoe stringed tackled by air pretty much...is that the qbs fault???
All the other starting WR's of team with rookie qb's house that. Every single one...Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Santana Moss, Pierre Garcon, Sidney Rice and Golden Tate..everyone of them makes that play.

Yeah, last year Gronk averaged 14.7 with Brady with Hernandez at 11.7. Graham was at 14.2 with Brees, and Finley was at 11.5 with Rogers.

What the hell did we have with that slow, over the hill, blocking TE with a backup in Moore throwing to him?

Only a 14.1 average, when he did not have to block for the good of the team. Who woulda thunk it?

On 32 catches, he has 30 this year.

The most annoying part is we had these EXACT conversations a few years ago when we had Ginn and Camarillo as our WR. They were our #1 and #2's and once they left OUR team they were #5 and #6 since then in their careers YET for FIRELAND they were 1 and 2s.

We have the SAME issue again under him, 4 and 5s running as 1s and 2s and Ross thinks there is hope and chagne in this man? **** why did we become Fin Fans.

the kid threw dimes over outstretched dropping zone lbs on in breaking crossing routes in front of the safeties it's not his fault we have no wr who can give us any run after the catch...how bout the first rive of the game throws a ball against a blown coverage where hartline catches has no one but the safety to make miss and it's 6 points and he's got plenty of time and space to make a move and he gets shoe stringed tackled by air pretty much...is that the qbs fault???

how bout having to run vertical fade routes with hartline who can't even win a hand fight down the field with the oppositions nickle damn corner and go up and get the ball...the criticism of tannehill on here is getting rediculous...hell the only td we did have the kid only had one option and that play takes forever to develop it takes stones against that d to stand in there and wait for fasano to come all the way across of the back of the end zone after being in line...stones...on the what 2 yard line...with aldon smith and the fastest lbs in the league ready to kill you....not to mention the most physical safety combo in football also...

and take a look at the personnel groupings in the red zone...there's not a true win option among them...anywhere...no physical force mismatch high point the ball guy or run after the catch break tackles guy...hartline is on the ground after a catch more than any starting wr in the league maybe...he's always going to ground it seems...bess gets stampeded the second he goes north and south...marlon moore is too soft and runs crappy routes pretty much for a guy with that kind of speed...bush runs a vertical boundary route and has goldston draped all over him tanny reads the over the top leverage and throws back shoulder bush doesn't read it right and the balls 5 yards behind him and everyone says the qb screwed up...no it's called option route based on db leverage and coverage and that throw should have been what it was a back shoulder but bush didn't read it right...

this isn't a one read pretty much passing game like that stuff the skins are running this is a very difficult offense for a qb especially with less than a year of working with the wrs heck the best one he has didn't even practice during camp there is gonna be some confusion and some missed throws when you consider the qb and wr is not always gonna see it the same way and heck we don't have a real win option period...this board i tell ya

I think he has the ABILITY to do so, but he is hesitant because he can't trust his receivers to make a play/fight for position/ etc.

Also, his balls down the middle look a bit low and off target because his footwork doesn't seem like where it should be. Is that because his short reads are usually his last option and by that time, the pocket is collapsing?

Would you through the ball down the middle, into the teeth of the defense, with Anthony Fasano being your primary target. (The "fast offensive tackle" at this point in his career)

I have been hammered for my thinking on Fasano. But game tape shows the complete waste of space that is Fasano. 5 year starter, 4 QBs, and still can't hit the 40 rec mark. Henne was handicapped having Fasano as a starting TE. Now its Tannehill who is being handicapped by not having a seam threat at TE.

With the lack of a receiver that can get any seperation past 12 yards he must make a perfect throw. Sorry we don't know what Tannehill can or can't do yet. Let's see what he can do with a good receiver or two then we can decide.

No Omar is an idiot. Tannehill had two nice bullet strikes down the middle against SF. Omar is such a deuchbag

Yeah, last year Gronk averaged 14.7 with Brady with Hernandez at 11.7. Graham was at 14.2 with Brees, and Finley was at 11.5 with Rogers.

What the hell did we have with that slow, over the hill, blocking TE with a backup in Moore throwing to him?

Only a 14.1 average, when he did not have to block for the good of the team. Who woulda thunk it?

Keep defending the bum. He hasn't been a weapon in 5 yrs. And only starts in MIA. The arguments you are giving right now, are the same I got from the Chowder people. About how solid he was, how he set up the defense. With all that solid play and knowledge you would think Chowder and his crowd here would be dreading the day MIA would face him in a game. But then those that seen this 'solid' player for what he was, see him, or hear him on radio now. He is a nothing in the NFL today. Something Fasano will soon find out himself.

On 32 catches, he has 30 this year.

After the last 5 weeks. Fasano is on pace to be what he is. His numbers over 5 years here are proof positive. He has yet to hit the 40 rec plateu.

Since WEEK 8:

8 rec 57 yards 2 TDs And this is what the Fasano people on this board consider 'solid'.

Some of Tannehill's most accurate throws have been over the middle. Not just decent throws, either. I'm talking about the type of throws that lift you off your seat and make you say WOW! He made me a believer after that Arizona game where he threaded the needle over and over, most of those throws being OVER THE MIDDLE.

Once again, Omar proves he's a moron. Good job, Sun-Sentinel.

EDIT: For those who don't remember Tannehill's performance during the Arizona game, PM me and I'll hook you up so you can see it for yourself.

And I quote (from the Dan Sileo interview today on WQAM):

(In response to Sileo saying Tannehill can't see the middle field) "Yes, I'm glad you could see that. People who know football realize what he's doing. He doesn't attack linebackers, he only throws outside the hash marks."

More gems from Omar...

"He's never looked off a safety in his life."

"He can't use the TE."

:lol:@"Anyone who knows football..." No Omar, you arrogant for no reason prick, all you need is a brain and a pair of eyes to see that Tannehill throws over the middle quite well when his receivers get separation. Otherwise, he has to throw the perfect pass every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
who the hell's he gonna throw down the middle to??? Sherman had a pattern run between the zippers, what - maybe 4/5 times all season!?? maybe? ooh yeah, it's all Ryan's fault, he can't throw at the grass in the middle of the field. get back.

Omar is a ****ing tool. I quit reading his **** a few months ago. I'm pretty sure he secretly thinks he should be a head coach in the NFL.

Tannehill is as big a dump off QB as Henne was. Yesterday I saw him dump off 3 Yds to Bush I believe when Fasano was open 10 yards deeper. The D has been crowding the line for the past 5 games and Tannehill has not once, burned them over the top.

Wow, Brady just had 2 imcomplete passes.. Time to bench him. He is completely worthless!

Back
Top Bottom