Omar kelly | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar kelly

well one thing is for sure, omar is no dolphin fan. sounds like he hates this franchise.

Well as much as I dislike Omar, I always think it's funny when Dolphins fans get mad at the media for being critical of the team and not being fans. Volin was getting attacked for it the other day. People seem to be under a serious misconception that journalists are supposed to "support" the franchise. That's what MiamiDolphins.com is for.

I am not sure if anyone else caught Omar's interview on WQAM today or have been following his tweets at all, but he is on a rampage today. Basically he is implying that Tannehill is not good and probably never will be. Questions Joe Philbin and even suggests that he is a BAD head coach. Blasts Sherman and Philbin for using Bush(in his opinion) wrong all year. Laughs that the Dolphins have 5 picks in the first three rounds in a year HE considers to be a poor draft class. Said Miami is not really that desirable of a destination for free agents, only the money will be able to get players to come here. Also said that if Miami did fire Ireland that it would be tough to lure a better GM here.The guy is a major douchebag today.
I actually agree that Philbin and Sherman didn't use Bush correctly for most of the year. I also agree with him in that I don't see a great player in Tannehill, he maybe turn out ok but never special.

I actually agree that Philbin and Sherman didn't use Bush correctly for most of the year. I also agree with him in that I don't see a great player in Tannehill, he maybe turn out ok but never special.

It's probably true about Bush. As much as I hate to say it, there are plenty of gripes to have about Philbin and Sherman in 2012.

As for Tannehill, the reality is we have no idea what he'll be right now. You have half the fanbase saying "WE'VE FOUND OUR FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK" and the other half saying he's never going to amount to anything. How anyone knows at this point is beyond me. In four years we could have Aaron Rodgers or we could have Chad Henne. That being said, I don't see anything to indicate he doesn't have elite upside still. I think giving him a few years to develop and more pieces to work with will tell us what we need to know, but it'll take time. I do know that I like his presence, confidence/swagger, protection of the ball, athleticism, etc. But for any of us to sit here sure of what he's going to become is just arrogant.

Well as much as I dislike Omar, I always think it's funny when Dolphins fans get mad at the media for being critical of the team and not being fans. Volin was getting attacked for it the other day. People seem to be under a serious misconception that journalists are supposed to "support" the franchise. That's what MiamiDolphins.com is for.
I don't feel that a journalist has to support the local team. I would however prefer to have a beat writer that didn't detest the local team. He seems gleeful in his criticism.

I don't feel that a journalist has to support the local team. I would however prefer to have a beat writer that didn't detest the local team. He seems gleeful in his criticism.

It's probably just hard for him to watch the Dolphins struggle knowing in his mind that he has the most brilliant football mind in the whole town.

It's probably true about Bush. As much as I hate to say it, there are plenty of gripes to have about Philbin and Sherman in 2012.

As for Tannehill, the reality is we have no idea what he'll be right now. You have half the fanbase saying "WE'VE FOUND OUR FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK" and the other half saying he's never going to amount to anything. How anyone knows at this point is beyond me. In four years we could have Aaron Rodgers or we could have Chad Henne. That being said, I don't see anything to indicate he doesn't have elite upside still. I think giving him a few years to develop and more pieces to work with will tell us what we need to know, but it'll take time. I do know that I like his presence, confidence/swagger, protection of the ball, athleticism, etc. But for any of us to sit here sure of what he's going to become is just arrogant.

IMO, Omar has been critical of the team ever since Burnett and Dansby took him to task over his reporting style and Burnett told him point blank to STFU or put pads on. He has also always given Ireland, who has only been average as a GM, a pass on the blunders. All GMs make mistakes as well make good decisions. Just report the facts and let the readers make their own decisions...

As far as how Bush was used, I think that was mostly based on our mediorce OLine play as well as the fact that Bush was NOT running the same way after the knee injury against the stinking jets. In the passing game, there was no visible chemistry between Tannehill and Bush all season. Bush caught 35 balls for 292 yards and 2 TDs. His best seasons in NO, Bush caught 88 and 73 balls.

Tannehill was decent all year with the reasonable ups and downs of a rookie. Sherman and Philbin both commented on limiting his scrambling to keep him healthy and we saw a lot of Fasano and Bush staying in to help protect. What we saw this season was a smart, confident rookie QB, who played like a rookie... nothing more or less. Unlike RG3 or Wilson, he didn't have the same quality of playmakers around him ala the #2 and #3 RBs in the league who put up double digit TDs (Morris and Lynch) as these guy did, nor did he have all pro receivers or the TE play that Luck did. Next season, he should have more confidence and more weapons and the expectations of having a winning season and possibly the playoffs...

Can we just consolidate all Omar posts into a thread called, "The Omar Kelly Files: Follies of an attention starved sportswriter" or maybe even " Douche: An Omar Kelly Story"

I am bothered by people complaining about Omar threads. They tell us who rip Omar to not read his ****...well don't read these threads

Back
Top Bottom