Omar's free agency approach, it's actually not that bad of a plan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar's free agency approach, it's actually not that bad of a plan

we're not getting most of those names...too many big names too many teams with money...we might get one of those older pass rushers...i doubt osi commands a market as a 3 down de right now that's less than or at $6 mil per...he's got to be higher than that imo...

i don't mind the older guys if the plan is to make them situational rushers...only one i think can still play every down at a high end is osi though...

I just don't agree on signing Welker and signing Pac-Man Jones. Why in the hell would Philbin allow his personality in the locker room? Not gonna happen.

Typical. This plan reads like a third-grader. Almost all of the FA's listed will go for more money than Omar slots, so the only one he would actually sign is Fasano. No WR, SS, T, DE, or CB. Yeah, quite a plan you've got there.

In Jonahan Martin he is taking a guy who received a ton of help at RT and was one of the worst RT's and who got destroyed at LT, and counting on him to improve at light-speed from the Napoleon Dynamite of T's to the Incredible Hulk of LT's in one off season. Unlikely. Then he plans to low ball the good RT he wants to bring in.

Enjoy the cap space, because those low ball offers aren't filling many holes. Good luck with the draft since your WR corps will consist of Bess, Matthews and the practice squad with Egnew as your starting TE and Garner as your RT.

Sure, every plan looks great when you play Madden and get everybody for less than their value.

This is not a plan. This is naive.

If I'm Ireland I'm going hard after Wallace or Jennings. Then turn my attention to Michael Bennett of the bucs. He is an all around de with explosive get off and would work well in our system I think. He's a little under rated too and at only 27 could be exactly what we need for the next few years opposite wake. Next make a conservative effort to bargain shop safety and ot for upgrades. Follow that up with omars plans on a te and fill the rest of the holes via the draft. And might I add I hope Ireland uses his ammunition to acquire the guys we are targeting even if we need to trade up. Finally I resign reggie as he is a matchup nightmare and something that if used right can help us tremendously with his play Making ability. List my two cents

I read that yesterday and thought it was pretty good too, I had some variations in mind but I was surprisingly impressed.

If the offseason goes the way he hopes, we would re-sign Hartline and sign Mike Wallace, Eric Winston Martellus Bennett, Ed Reed, Osi Umenyiora and Adam Jones. Then we would draft two corners in the first two rounds, something like Xavier Rhodes in the 1st and either Blidi Wreh-Wilson or David Amerson with one of our 2nds.

Probably a little much to ask for in terms of FA, but it sounds like a friggin amazing offseason to me! Sign me up!!!

Typical. This plan reads like a third-grader. Almost all of the FA's listed will go for more money than Omar slots, so the only one he would actually sign is Fasano. No WR, SS, T, DE, or CB. Yeah, quite a plan you've got there.

In Jonahan Martin he is taking a guy who received a ton of help at RT and was one of the worst RT's and who got destroyed at LT, and counting on him to improve at light-speed from the Napoleon Dynamite of T's to the Incredible Hulk of LT's in one off season. Unlikely. Then he plans to low ball the good RT he wants to bring in.

Enjoy the cap space, because those low ball offers aren't filling many holes. Good luck with the draft since your WR corps will consist of Bess, Matthews and the practice squad with Egnew as your starting TE and Garner as your RT.

Sure, every plan looks great when you play Madden and get everybody for less than their value.

This is not a plan. This is naive.

Agree. The first thing I thought when I read the thing was, "This isn't remotely fiscally realistic." Omar was just playing Madden like so many FH posters. Outside of the Wallace contract he proposed, I think every number he threw out will probably end up being lower than the real contract numbers will end up being for those free agents. It's easy to put a super bowl roster together on paper when you decide not to be realistic.

Back
Top Bottom