One of Le Batard’s greatest articles… | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One of Le Batard’s greatest articles…

Dolfan954 said:
I understand his perspective, and the logic behind his opinion. I just don't agree with the opinion.

He believes that the employee is obligated to let his employer know that he's retiring.

I don't care what's going on with the company if I'm retiring. What the company does is not a concern to me.

Hope that clears it up...

We are totally different people.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
He has responsiblities to his teamates, and his organization. There are times to retire and times to not retire. It is the same with your job if you are someone who is important. you don't quit during a huge project where they are really counting on you. Heck even 3 weeks ago would of been better for Ricky to retire.

No, he's not responsible for his teammates unless he's driving them in a car. We are talking about grown *** men who could snap most people in half and who make MILLIONS of dollars. Ricky is not responsible for anyone but himself, his family and those who he loves. The only time to retire is WHEN YOU WANT to retire. It's your life. Sure your boos will flip, maybe some co-workers, but you are living your life, your only 1 life on this planet for as long as you get. You don't live it by taking a beating day in and day out unless that's what you want to do. Ricky didn't want to do that anymore. That doesn't make him irresponsible. Selfish? You are being selfish by wanting to keep him from his life, for the benefit of your team.

On the same subject, Pat Riley is irresponsible, Jimmy Johnson, Jerry Jones I mean I could list them all day.

What about the FO? The same FO that threw Danny out on his butt? The same FO that gave OJ McDuffey the boot and tried to keep money from him? What about Edwards? He came back from a nasty injury only to find himself he gets a second shot now that Ricky is gone.

If you are going to focus on an angle, make sure you zoom in and out a few times first.

Dolfan954 said:
My point exactly. Everyone is different. We don't have to agree, but at least we understand each other.

I disagree. I don't have to understand child molestors, cannibals, people without senses of responsbilities, people who don't care about other people, etc...

Just because someone is different then me, that doesn't make it right for him to screw other people.

bigmiamifan said:
No, he's not responsible for his teammates unless he's driving them in a car. We are talking about grown *** men who could snap most people in half and who make MILLIONS of dollars. Ricky is not responsible for anyone but himself, his family and those who he loves. The only time to retire is WHEN YOU WANT to retire. It's your life. Sure your boos will flip, maybe some co-workers, but you are living your life, your only 1 life on this planet for as long as you get. You don't live it by taking a beating day in and day out unless that's what you want to do. Ricky didn't want to do that anymore. That doesn't make him irresponsible. Selfish? You are being selfish by wanting to keep him from his life, for the benefit of your team.

On the same subject, Pat Riley is irresponsible, Jimmy Johnson, Jerry Jones I mean I could list them all day.

What about the FO? The same FO that threw Danny out on his butt? The same FO that gave OJ McDuffey the boot and tried to keep money from him? What about Edwards? He came back from a nasty injury only to find himself he gets a second shot now that Ricky is gone.

If you are going to focus on an angle, make sure you zoom in and out a few times first.

Dude you are making no sense. If you take up a responsibility you should be a man and see it out. Just because he is a football player, all of a sudden he doesn't have to live up to any responsiblities.

Leave Ricky alone I would rather have a hungary Minor than someone who doesnt want to play. Why are people so mad? We went to the playoffs for 5 years in a row got ricky and havent been since. Oh well!!! We live our lives he lives his, who is anyone to say how someone else should live there lives. If I woke up and absolutly hated my job Id quit too (if it was possible i am a Marine) and dont say that it was bad timing because it is always bad timing. Of course I was like "Fux!!!" when I found out but oh well move on we got more money now and our back up rbs are good maybe very good. Lets not pick up another RB lets resign wale and chambers and move on.\
GO DOLPHINS NEVER QUIT AND KEEP THE PARTY ROLLIN

kbeath said:
Leave Ricky alone I would rather have a hungary Minor than someone who doesnt want to play. Why are people so mad? We went to the playoffs for 5 years in a row got ricky and havent been since. Oh well!!! We live our lives he lives his, who is anyone to say how someone else should live there lives. If I woke up and absolutly hated my job Id quit too (if it was possible i am a Marine) and dont say that it was bad timing because it is always bad timing. Of course I was like "Fux!!!" when I found out but oh well move on we got more money now and our back up rbs are good maybe very good. Lets not pick up another RB lets resign wale and chambers and move on.\
GO DOLPHINS NEVER QUIT AND KEEP THE PARTY ROLLIN

I know marines are mad when one of their buddies go awol

IM on the side of CK, Dupree and every1 else who is criticizing Ricky. For all of you who think his actions were OK or w/e u want to call it what im getting from most of you is this reasoning "Ya his timing did suck, but hes a man and he has a right to do what makes him happy"....WE AGREE WITH YOU(i believe im talking on behalf of most of us who think Ricky was wrong) thts just the point. I agree he deserves to do what makes him happy. I agree he has the right to retire. But why are u guys brushing off tht tiny lil fact TIMING. You guys are mostly agreeing his timing was horrible, but seem to just kind of forget about it. What he did was HORRRIBLE and left his organazation and teamates in a real bad position. He does have responsibilities, he has a responsibility to an organazation tht brought him in to atleast give them some notice b4 he does this. How u guys can stand up for him ill never understand:shakeno: .

Everyone needs to get on board the F**k The Bastard band wagon. Le Batard is a mildly good reporter who blew his nut all over his desk when Ricky called him to say a few things. Anyone with decent penmanship can write a touching sympathetic article. He just made the mistake of letting his affection for a big strong rich male get the best of him.

Most reporters would have done the same thing if any mega star chose to call them of all people. Le Batard is not a great reporter, he is a beat reporter who writes well penned articles. Just because he knows how to grab the reader doesn't make his articles great, it makes them touching. Everything he said may have been wrong, it may not have been wrong. I beleive it was a load of crap, bent around his admiration of RW. Had RW called another reporter to cry to, we'd all be reading Le Batard's rip's on Ricky for the next couple of years. Truth is, anyone can tell one side of a story and convince naive immature readers or listeners ofd their version of the truth. Good reporters give extensive attention to the Pro's AND Con's of all subjects.
My guess is that Ricky told Batard to write something symapthetic to his case, in exchange for the sole rights to interviews. Or maybe even a bag of pot, who knows?

Just chiming in, 954 ... my problem with the LeBatard article is that he is chiding us to feel good for Ricky .... to be happy for Ricky.

I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable. I liken it to the Clinton scandal. Regardless of how you felt about Clinton and how harshly you felt he should be judged, very few people would seriously argue the public should feel good for him because he got some.

Just my $0.02.

Back
Top Bottom