Open Letter To Christian Wilkins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Open Letter To Christian Wilkins

Wilkins is not known for his sacks.
Unfortunately for the Phins they let him bet on himself and he won big in a contract year with 9 sacks. Puts him in the $20m + per year conversation certainly. Lots of teams out there with money to burn just licking their chops. Closer exam tells us exactly ONE of those sacks came in a big spot (finale against Bills), he already had his little "hold in" ramping up to the season, if it's my money I am not committing those kinds of resources to a guy who has not consistently shown himself to be a true game wrecker when his team needs it most and had his best sack season in said contract year.

Unfortunately for the Phins they let him bet on himself and he won big in a contract year with 9 sacks. Puts him in the $20m + per year conversation certainly. Lots of teams out there with money to burn just licking their chops. Closer exam tells us exactly ONE of those sacks came in a big spot (finale against Bills), he already had his little "hold in" ramping up to the season, if it's my money I am not committing those kinds of resources to a guy who has not consistently shown himself to be a true game wrecker when his team needs it most and had his best sack season in said contract year.
Love his attitude and team spirit but he needs to find his big money elsewhere.

Why does the IDL position continue to fly under the radar as an impact position? An interior lineman who can penetrate up the middle or force double teams and triple teams is as valuable as any player on the team. Chris Jones, Heyward, Donald... these guys change games and without one Miami will lose half of its pass rush as the OL can concentrate on the outside rushers. Sieler is good but not as good as Wilkins and he can't do it alone. I love Wilkins and I think he is a good fit for the coaches and the locker room. I think he will try to stay unless someone backs up the Wells Fargo truck. If he leaves Miami needs to find somebody else quickly.

Wilkins isn’t in the same realm as the guys you mentioned. All those guys were elite pass rushers, Wilkins is not. He was solid this year but people want to talk about beating up on bad teams with Tua need to look at Wilkins numbers.

2 sacks vs NE’s awful line
2 sacks vs Carolina’s awful line
2.5 vs nyj awful line

Had one meaningful sack all year vs the bills last game and complete 0 factor vs the chiefs in the playoffs.

Love him as a player and I’m sure he brings leadership to the locker room but he’s just not worth 24/25 million and I think it’ll be a shock when no one else offers him that especially with Jones and a younger Madubuike coming off 13 sacks.

Mr Wilkins, you have been a great player and one of the most popular Dolphins I've ever seen. You are beloved in this town so where are you going and for what? Ross is the most generous owner and he's willing and able to pay you a small fortune. Certainly, enough money to live in luxury for the rest of your life for you and you family! On this team you are a leader and you've forged close relationships with your teammates. Doesn't that count for anything anymore? Where is all this greed coming from? You are holding our feet to the fire. I don't know what stories your agent is filling you with but he sounds greedy to me. You might end up in some town that you hate where you get treated poorly and play for a coach you hate instead of the very player friendly coach Mike McD. You might end up on a terrible team with poor morale and you would start to hate the game you seem to love so much. Money isn't all there is in life. The tax situation here is quite friendly and more money, even millions more won't change your day to day life style. You already have everything you could possibly want so what is it you need?? Ask yourself that question, the grass isn't always greener. You should retire a very rich Dolphin with a couple of rings and maybe a run at the Hall Of Fame. Don't listen to greed filled agents, listen to your heart. This team and this town have been really good to you and we deserve a fair shot to keep you. We drafted you, groomed you and everyone wants you to always be here.
So you're gonna rabbit for a few more dollars, I don't believe it!! STAY with your team and a fanbase that loves you.
I’m sorry you wasted your time writing that term paper

Anyway, doesn’t matter how much the owner is willing to pay, it’s about if he fits the payroll. You don’t pay a DT QB money

If Miami does sign Wilkins to a new contract, I hope they include a clause stating that for every bone-headed penalty Wilkins gets, he loses 1 million dollars. And, if he injures another Dolphin player, he has to pay that player's salary while he's out. Maybe that will make him think before jumping on other players during a celebration or hurting the defense by getting flagged.
Yeah, like that’s gonna happen

Mr Wilkins, you have been a great player and one of the most popular Dolphins I've ever seen. You are beloved in this town so where are you going and for what? Ross is the most generous owner and he's willing and able to pay you a small fortune. Certainly, enough money to live in luxury for the rest of your life for you and you family! On this team you are a leader and you've forged close relationships with your teammates. Doesn't that count for anything anymore? Where is all this greed coming from? You are holding our feet to the fire. I don't know what stories your agent is filling you with but he sounds greedy to me. You might end up in some town that you hate where you get treated poorly and play for a coach you hate instead of the very player friendly coach Mike McD. You might end up on a terrible team with poor morale and you would start to hate the game you seem to love so much. Money isn't all there is in life. The tax situation here is quite friendly and more money, even millions more won't change your day to day life style. You already have everything you could possibly want so what is it you need?? Ask yourself that question, the grass isn't always greener. You should retire a very rich Dolphin with a couple of rings and maybe a run at the Hall Of Fame. Don't listen to greed filled agents, listen to your heart. This team and this town have been really good to you and we deserve a fair shot to keep you. We drafted you, groomed you and everyone wants you to always be here.
So you're gonna rabbit for a few more dollars, I don't believe it!! STAY with your team and a fanbase that loves you.
What the actual **** has happened here

He doesn't like a wall of text.

20240304_191812.gif

Very nice job. 👌

Barring the NFL and NFLPA coming to some kind of agreement where a team could pay homegrown/self-drafted players over the cap and have it NOT count against the cap, never going to happen.

He’s going to squeeze the Texans so he can play with a real QB and still a void state taxes.

He’s the Jarvis Landry of defensive tackles. Fills the stat sheet, but not with a lot of big plays, tough and vocal leader, fan favorite. Good guy to have around, but not at the price he thinks he’s worth.

How is a man supposed to survive on $10-$12 million a year??? Does Grier not have a conscience???

Why shouldn’t he thrive though?

He’s the one athlete who should make less than he’s worth because you’re a fan of the team that drafted him? Why would he want to stick around this franchise?

Why shouldn’t he thrive though?

He’s the one athlete who should make less than he’s worth because you’re a fan of the team that drafted him?

You can't thrive on $10 million a year? This is all just ego-driven - not all on CW, though. Agents push this attitude of "I've got to be paid the most at my position!". If you can live VERY comfortably on what more than 99% of the people on earth will ever make in their lives, then what does it matter if there are guys that make more money than you?

Back
Top Bottom