Open Letter To Christian Wilkins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Open Letter To Christian Wilkins

I'm sick and tired of all the wise guys on the internet. I put up a sincere post and I wasn't in the mood for sarcasm or comedy. So yes I'm more than a little touchy. Your arrogance pissed me off. It's wrong of me to single you out for all the other morons that got me to this point. I feel like I'm either posting with drunks or kids. I love this site and I'm angry at the people that are ruining it.
I also feel like Wilkins might be getting bad advice from his greedy agent. The Dolphins can pay him a ton of money but this guy is looking for 20m a year on a 4 year deal. 80 million for Wilkins, if someone will pay him that I guess he should walk if money is what he's about. The difference in lifestyle between the fortune we can pay him and the extra that he wants is what?? That's my question to Wilkins, he'd be set for life with Miami's offer, so what more do you need? Is it just ego?
BSQ, I understand your frustration and appreciate the sincerity of your post. While I wish CW and the Phins could come to a reasonable agreement, the negotiating situation is quite complex.
Its true that Wilkins has made life changing money. Most professional athletes first contract is life-changing for them because most of them come from a lower socio-economic situation. But remember, he is only getting about 50% (pre-tax) of his salary (agent fees, staff fees, etc.)

Is it still a life of luxury? Yes, but people shouldn't judge his personal motivations. He might be trying to set his family up for generational wealth, or he might just want to buy more exotic cars..Its not our business. What we fans have the right to do is criticize the terms of any deal, not the morality behind it.

There is a vast difference in how Christian handled this when compared to how X handled his last contract. Wilkins honored his contract and bet on himself. X signed a contract, then got angry that someone else was brought in the next season at a higher rate, so he refused to honor his existing contract. Plain extortion.

I sincerely hope that CW is kept at a semi-reasonable perhaps top 10 DT rate. But if not, I thank him and wish him well (except when playing us).

I'm sick and tired of all the wise guys on the internet. I put up a sincere post and I wasn't in the mood for sarcasm or comedy. So yes I'm more than a little touchy. Your arrogance pissed me off. It's wrong of me to single you out for all the other morons that got me to this point. I feel like I'm either posting with drunks or kids. I love this site and I'm angry at the people that are ruining it.
I also feel like Wilkins might be getting bad advice from his greedy agent. The Dolphins can pay him a ton of money but this guy is looking for 20m a year on a 4 year deal. 80 million for Wilkins, if someone will pay him that I guess he should walk if money is what he's about. The difference in lifestyle between the fortune we can pay him and the extra that he wants is what?? That's my question to Wilkins, he'd be set for life with Miami's offer, so what more do you need? Is it just ego?
You speak of arrogance than tell a man how much money he should be earning?

You don’t know what he wants money wise. You don’t know anything about him yet you seem to be so confident you’re lashing out like an angry child who wants his bottle.

You speak of arrogance than tell a man how much money he should be earning?

You don’t know what he wants money wise. You don’t know anything about him yet you seem to be so confident you’re lashing out like an angry child who wants his bottle.
Another moron heard from. I guess my ignore list has to keep growing. I'd like to know how you can tell me what I know or don't know. Maybe you already drank the bottle.

BSQ, I understand your frustration and appreciate the sincerity of your post. While I wish CW and the Phins could come to a reasonable agreement, the negotiating situation is quite complex.
Its true that Wilkins has made life changing money. Most professional athletes first contract is life-changing for them because most of them come from a lower socio-economic situation. But remember, he is only getting about 50% (pre-tax) of his salary (agent fees, staff fees, etc.)

Is it still a life of luxury? Yes, but people shouldn't judge his personal motivations. He might be trying to set his family up for generational wealth, or he might just want to buy more exotic cars..Its not our business. What we fans have the right to do is criticize the terms of any deal, not the morality behind it.

There is a vast difference in how Christian handled this when compared to how X handled his last contract. Wilkins honored his contract and bet on himself. X signed a contract, then got angry that someone else was brought in the next season at a higher rate, so he refused to honor his existing contract. Plain extortion.

I sincerely hope that CW is kept at a semi-reasonable perhaps top 10 DT rate. But if not, I thank him and wish him well (except when playing us).
Thank you for this well thought out post. I so appreciate it. The difference between Wilkins and X is a very good point. Big difference in class between the two. I also hope he ends up staying obviously.

Pro athletes don't give a damn about the city they play in, unfortunately. I am sure Wilkins cares less about letting the fans down, and neither would I for an extra $30 million.
It used to matter maybe you're right and it doesn't matter so much anymore. The salaries have gotten nuts!! C W is likely gonna sign for north of 20 million per year. Even if we could we shouldn't pay that. We've got other players.

It used to matter maybe you're right and it doesn't matter so much anymore. The salaries have gotten nuts!! C W is likely gonna sign for north of 20 million per year. Even if we could we shouldn't pay that. We've got other players.
If you think the players salaries have gotten nuts, you should see how much the billionaire owners have made.

No one ever bought a ticket to watch an owner sit in their luxury sweet, but they are the ones whose incomes have gotten nuts.

Players careers are short and the first contact they sign after their rookie deal is usually their best chance of obtaining long-term financial security.

That some fans think players should be loyal to the team and take less pay while the team would be willing to replace Wilkins in a heartbeat if they thought they had a comparable FA they could sign at a cheaper price is what is truly nuts.

Dolphins might be ok. Let him test market. There will be lot good DT in 2nd rd off draft. Either way I think dolphins will be find.

Mr Welkinz,

Pls re signed yor new contrack with the dollfins. They are my favrit NFL football teem. Also, you will get to play with Mr jersh allins kok n ballz at lease twice per szn. I know that make yu moar happee than teh monies. Me too.

Thank you ser.

Even if Wilk goes somewhere else, he will still be part of the Miami community. Mack Hollins doesn't play for the fins but still does things with the team's charity and community outreach team. Tons of NFL players live down here even though they play elsewhere.

If you think the players salaries have gotten nuts, you should see how much the billionaire owners have made.

No one ever bought a ticket to watch an owner sit in their luxury sweet, but they are the ones whose incomes have gotten nuts.

Players careers are short and the first contact they sign after their rookie deal is usually their best chance of obtaining long-term financial security.

That some fans think players should be loyal to the team and take less pay while the team would be willing to replace Wilkins in a heartbeat if they thought they had a comparable FA they could sign at a cheaper price is what is truly nuts.
Good points regarding the billionaire owners. Also, the players are out there risking their long term health as well as devastating injuries. I don't think I've ever seen Steve Ross injured in a game!!

He often vanished in big games. With that said, I loved his style of play and his passion for doing it. However, there is a finite amount to pay the players and he wanted more than the team feels he's worth. As I told an employee once who threatened me with quitting at a tough time, I'd hate to see you go...but, I'm prepared to watch you leave. That employee changed his mind and stayed on for another 10 years when he knew he couldn't push me around.

Whoever replaces CW MUST be taught the Josh Allen balls squeeze. It’s CWs legacy and now a Miami dolphins tradition.

If you don't want any response to your PUBLIC INTERNET COMMENTS then maybe try walking into a closet. saying your piece, murmuring agreement and then moving on with your day.

Does anybody think maybe the dolphins weren’t the team he wanted to play for. He was drafted here and had no choice except to sit out. So he reached free agency now he has a choice. Not everyone wants to play for the dolphins

Does anybody think maybe the dolphins weren’t the team he wanted to play for. He was drafted here and had no choice except to sit out. So he reached free agency now he has a choice. Not everyone wants to play for the dolphins

I don't think thats it. Its money. Especially when you have to play out the 5th year of your rookie deal, which is essentially a wasted year in your prime to cash in, pushing back the chance at another big pay day.

He was underpaid in 2023 by about 40% of his worth. That matters. That was the home town discount we already got. There is absolutely no reason for him to continue to take less. Thats the basis for all of this. He's no different than anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom