Open Letter To Christian Wilkins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Open Letter To Christian Wilkins

And it's fine if a CW doesn't want to play for less than $15 million/year. But it does show he's no team player.

If CW is such a great leader, where was he during our defensive collapses last season? How many game-changing/saving plays has he made in big games? CW is Mr. 2nd down.

You can't thrive on $10 million a year? This is all just ego-driven - not all on CW, though. Agents push this attitude of "I've got to be paid the most at my position!". If you can live VERY comfortably on what more than 99% of the people on earth will ever make in their lives, then what does it matter if there are guys that make more money than you?

The problem is that your singling out this one player, as if he’s different than the rest of the business world. There is no reason for him to take less because you’re a Dolphins fan. It’s dumb to suggest.

At the very least if the Dolphins were a contending team he might consider taking a little less but what your suggesting is just asinine. The guys been underpaid through 5 seasons, there is no reason he shouldn’t be overpaid now.

These guys see about half the money they actually sign for.

The problem is that your singling out this one player, as if he’s different than the rest of the business world. There is no reason for him to take less because you’re a Dolphins fan. It’s dumb to suggest.

At the very least if the Dolphins were a contending team he might consider taking a little less but what your suggesting is just asinine. The guys been underpaid through 5 seasons, there is no reason he shouldn’t be overpaid now.

These guys see about half the money they actually sign for.

Oh, it's not just CW, it's the prevailing attitude in sports.

I'd like you to list 10 times that it happened in the past, what specifically took place, how much money were we talking about and mostly why it amuses you? Read what you wrote and tell me you don't sound like and arrogant jerk! It amuses me......
I don't think I am going to do the homework assignment you gave me, but you seem a bit touchy.

It is just Football you know.

I don't think I am going to do the homework assignment you gave me, but you seem a bit touchy.

It is just Football you know.
I'm sick and tired of all the wise guys on the internet. I put up a sincere post and I wasn't in the mood for sarcasm or comedy. So yes I'm more than a little touchy. Your arrogance pissed me off. It's wrong of me to single you out for all the other morons that got me to this point. I feel like I'm either posting with drunks or kids. I love this site and I'm angry at the people that are ruining it.
I also feel like Wilkins might be getting bad advice from his greedy agent. The Dolphins can pay him a ton of money but this guy is looking for 20m a year on a 4 year deal. 80 million for Wilkins, if someone will pay him that I guess he should walk if money is what he's about. The difference in lifestyle between the fortune we can pay him and the extra that he wants is what?? That's my question to Wilkins, he'd be set for life with Miami's offer, so what more do you need? Is it just ego?

“Every time I call it a business, you call it a game! And every time I call it a game, you call it a business!”
JOHN MATUSZAK - O. W. Shaddock

Mr Wilkins, you have been a great player and one of the most popular Dolphins I've ever seen. You are beloved in this town so where are you going and for what? Ross is the most generous owner and he's willing and able to pay you a small fortune. Certainly, enough money to live in luxury for the rest of your life for you and you family! On this team you are a leader and you've forged close relationships with your teammates. Doesn't that count for anything anymore? Where is all this greed coming from? You are holding our feet to the fire. I don't know what stories your agent is filling you with but he sounds greedy to me. You might end up in some town that you hate where you get treated poorly and play for a coach you hate instead of the very player friendly coach Mike McD. You might end up on a terrible team with poor morale and you would start to hate the game you seem to love so much. Money isn't all there is in life. The tax situation here is quite friendly and more money, even millions more won't change your day to day life style. You already have everything you could possibly want so what is it you need?? Ask yourself that question, the grass isn't always greener. You should retire a very rich Dolphin with a couple of rings and maybe a run at the Hall Of Fame. Don't listen to greed filled agents, listen to your heart. This team and this town have been really good to you and we deserve a fair shot to keep you. We drafted you, groomed you and everyone wants you to always be here.
So you're gonna rabbit for a few more dollars, I don't believe it!! STAY with your team and a fanbase that loves you.
Hate to break it to you but money is the number one thing to players and it should be. They worked their whole life and sacrificed their bodies to get a life changing second deal. Wilkins will sign a contract that will setup generations of his family with wealth. He deserves it. That being said, I’m not paying a dt $25 million a year unless it’s Aaron Donald. Ramsay is the leader of the defense now

Back
Top Bottom