OPINION: dolphins will take glenn dorsey #1 mark it down | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OPINION: dolphins will take glenn dorsey #1 mark it down

Dolphins will select Glenn Dorsey with their 1st round pick they
need help up front they couldn't stop the run last yesar after his
pro day he's over the injuries they claim he had we dont need
Chris Long he's a tweener we have bunch of those.

I think the odds of that happening are slim to none... we're set with Ferguson and Starks... we're running a 3-4, so we only need one to plug up the middle... linebacker/DE and OL are more pressing issues... proly taking one of the Longs

Dorsey as a DE commanding a double team would really free up our OLB. Dorsey with the 1st and Groves or Avril with our 2nd would make for an interesting tandom. Just something to mull over instead of the same old Long vs Gholston.

How many 1st overall picks do we have this year? So far we've been told by posters that G.Dorsey, C.Long, V.Gholston, M.Ryan and J.Long will definitely be our pick, I must be missing something here.

http://dolphinsindepth.blogspot.com/2008/03/things-i-know-before-todays-start-of.html

not sure if you guys saw so i didnt want to make a new thread but according to this the #1 pick is already decided if you guys stand pat.

*edit* didnt see it already posted
It was, but I'm not going to take the time to look up the thread. This is one of those times when I disagree with him, though. With they're having the 1st overall, I'm hoping they're studying tape up until the final minute.

Who said anything about fans or posters on boards? I said San Fran's draft board they will be targeting a true NT, doesnt really have anything to do with the fans on the niners or people posting.
I didn't know Mike Nolan and the 49ers posted their draft board for others to see? Oh wait a minute, please say you are not talking about mock drafts?
Sopoaga is a backup tackle, whether they paid 20 million or not he's still admittantly a backup by San Frans standards and nothing more, with that being said he's still the ideal size you look for in a NT, but size isnt the only criteria in a NT, its not like if your a big guy your automatically going to be solid.
Exactly what I have been saying about Ferguson and Ratliff.

But I dont want to stray too far, this isnt about the niners its about Dorsey, which brings me to my main point that it wouldnt be smart to draft someone #1 overall and play him out of position, this is one scouting report of him:

That about sums it up, less then 300 he wont even sniff a NT, and the latter part of that explains why DE in a 3-4 would not be smart at all, especially with so much money tied into a guy.
Needs to improve his base? When he was healthy, this was never an issue with Dorsey. As to him being a one-gap player and less than idea for DE in the 3-4, I thought I already pointed out that San Diego used a player of similar size in their scheme. Also Wade Phillips uses a one-gap scheme in his 3-4 defense. It's all about what type of scheme/system you want to run and finding the personnel to use it.

If we are indeed going to play the 3-4 then I don't think we should draft Dorsey either. However, since the type of defense we are going to run has not been decided yet, Dorsey is still an option with the #1 overall pick.

Back
Top Bottom