orlando pace to giants | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

orlando pace to giants

byroan said:
Why would we trade Booker??? I think the Rams got a better deal.

Not that we want to trade Booker...I was just saying it as a comparison...Booker would be a better value than Toomer since he is younger....Also Surtain is better than Allen, although Allen is younger....Pace is one of the best LT's in the league..The ? is will he stay healthy...If we had Pace at LT our QB would have no worries from the blindside..

Jimi said:
That leaves the G-Men with what at WR??

Hilliard and....?

The draft! They could use their 1st round pick on a WR... oh wait they don't have one.
2nd round?? Oh right... Pace.
Alright, I'll stop being a wiseass. My guess is that picking up a WR will be one of their top priorities in FA... but then again it should have been already. Maybe they'll go after Plaxico. I have no idea how their cap situation is though.

Jimi said:
That leaves the G-Men with what at WR??

Hilliard and....?

Shockey...lol

Yeah I know he's a TE, but whatever. :D

FireWrongstedt said:
Dude, can anyone freaking confirm the trade? Or do I have to start screaming over here?

turn on 1050 ESPN radio...im in jersey too and im waiting to see what they say

They have Carter, Shockey, and Hilliard. Not great, but if Eli has enough time to throw things will be ok for him. Basically this turns a medicore LT in Petitgout into a very good RT. So in essence the Giants gain two good lineman.

I thought that I had seen the trade was Pace for Petitgout, W. Allen, and a draft pick (can't remember what round). This makes more sense to me. That way STL still has a lineman.

Toomer, Hillard and the Giant Wr's stunck last year, they are both # 2 or 3 wr's. It will not hurt the Giants that much, although they still need a # 1 WR!

But Eli is feeling better knowing his backside is safe!

Dudeman said:
just like the 2002 Bucs

whats funny bout that is when they gave up those picks they won the superbowl so they were the last in each round and stupid moron al davis wasted all of them on players that suck

I wonder if the Giants would pick up Boston now.

SABA-TOOTH said:
my point earlier...send them boston if we are going to dump him..

take their 3rd..

if we could some how miraculously manage that than i would love it now actually instead of dumping him we could possibly get a 4th or 5th but a 3rd is basically there first now so dont get too greedy. Or we could give them boston or booker and then get someone valuable in return...like strahan

PhinDude88 said:
So did this trade happened or not?

I have heard nothing, I live 20 minutes from Giant stadium and have been in the car up until 9:00PM and WFAN or ESPN have not said a thing about it. But papers had rumors of it this morning!

Jimi said:
Maybe Boston for there future 2nd round pick.

That'd be nice, but would they give up that much?

Man...unless they sign someone good, the Rams line is gonna be CRAP next season. With Turley probably being done, they have massive holes at both tackle positions, and the middle of their line is aging too. I really wouldnt be surprised to see them hot on Jennings' trail now.

Back
Top Bottom