OSU vs Texas thread. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OSU vs Texas thread.

Majpain

Giants GM
Reaction score
I really think its going to be a close one. Your thoughts on the game of the week?

Man, I remember the UT vs OSU thread last season, that was sweet. This will be an awesome game -- not as many stars as last season, but really competitive altogether. Personally, I think OSU have too much talent and UT have too many questions at QB, also with Tarrell Brown out, Griff and co. are going to have difficulty covering Ginn Jr.

Close, but IMO OSU pull away with a late score. 30-14 is my prediction.

HysterikiLL said:
Man, I remember the UT vs OSU thread last season, that was sweet. This will be an awesome game -- not as many stars as last season, but really competitive altogether. Personally, I think OSU have too much talent and UT have too many questions at QB, also with Tarrell Brown out, Griff and co. are going to have difficulty covering Ginn Jr.

Close, but IMO OSU pull away with a late score. 30-14 is my prediction.

I agree with your take...but I would much rather Texas won

Should be a massive intensity and energy advantage for Texas to start the game. My prized home anti-revenge theory. It normally works best in high profile matches early in the year. After winning at OSU last year the Horns will be in a fury to certify that win as legit, classic home anti-revenge. It doesn't have to translate to the scoreboard at halftime, but you'll come out ahead more often than not by speculating it that way.

Texas will win.

No-one knows this it seems but their QB is very talented, and they still have a great offense, OSU replacing 9 players on defense + Texas still having a very good defense should end up with this being a Texas win

Awsi Dooger said:
Should be a massive intensity and energy advantage for Texas to start the game. My prized home anti-revenge theory. It normally works best in high profile matches early in the year. After winning at OSU last year the Horns will be in a fury to certify that win as legit, classic home anti-revenge. It doesn't have to translate to the scoreboard at halftime, but you'll come out ahead more often than not by speculating it that way.

well good..thanks awsi, you gave me somthing to hang on to...

I for some reason can see OSU winning relatively easily actually. Colt has never been tested and even though OSU is replacing a lot of starters on defense I think they still have a lot of talent. Plus they have a great offense and Texas just lost its best corner. I'm not saying OSU blows them out, I'm just saying I wouldnt be surprised if they made it look easier then expected.

OSU's D is better than the NIU game indicated.

After the 1st quarter, Tressel was shuttling 5 to 6 guys out after each play to give younger guys experience.

Wolfe tanking over 3 of our defensive backs to get a touchdown is without question horrible and I can assure you will be corrected befoe the UT game.

I feel better about this game than last year's actually.

Hook'em Horns!

Actually not sure who to root for in this one. OSU clearly has the tougher schedule so it'd be very possible for them to win here and drop one down the road where as this is clearly Texas' toughest game of the regular season. I'm hoping they both lose in the long run.

Alex44 said:
Texas will win.

No-one knows this it seems but their QB is very talented, and they still have a great offense, OSU replacing 9 players on defense + Texas still having a very good defense should end up with this being a Texas win

I agree.

The Buckeyes were the better team last year, and are still the better team this year.....

Whats harder on a team?

9 defensive starters or losing Vince Young?

Vince Young single handidly won Texas there two hardest games last year..... and he's gone.....

Ohio State wins last year if Troy Smith plays the whole game...but coach Tress had to send a message.......

This year the Buckeyes win going away...

Whitner20 said:
The Buckeyes were the better team last year, and are still the better team this year.....

Whats harder on a team?

9 defensive starters or losing Vince Young?

Are you for real?

Texas wins this one - no doubt in my mind that home field advantage and strong defense will see Texas through, but it will be a tight game in my mind.

Feel free to slate me if I am wrong though!!!

since anyone can play QB in texas's offense and succeed, OSU losing 9 starters on defense is clearly a much bigger deal. texas still has a great defense, they're at home, and their offense outmatches OSU's defense, so...

UF Fin Kat said:
since anyone can play QB in texas's offense and succeed, OSU losing 9 starters on defense is clearly a much bigger deal. texas still has a great defense, they're at home, and their offense outmatches OSU's defense, so...

Success and the ability to beat the #1 team in the nation are 2 different things.... does Texas beat Ohio State or USC with Colt McCoy at QB last year? No chance in hell... The texas offense WAS Vince Young......

The question is, who will outscore who...texas D lost Wright, Huff, Griffin in the draft, and now there new starting CB..... so they've lost 4 players on D, an OL, and THE ONLY REASON they won there only big games last year...... Think about it.

Back
Top Bottom