OSU vs Texas thread. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OSU vs Texas thread.

DonShula84 said:
I for some reason can see OSU winning relatively easily actually. Colt has never been tested and even though OSU is replacing a lot of starters on defense I think they still have a lot of talent. Plus they have a great offense and Texas just lost its best corner. I'm not saying OSU blows them out, I'm just saying I wouldnt be surprised if they made it look easier then expected.

i agree.

ill be rooting for texas cause i hate OSU, but i dont see it happening.

Whitner20 said:
Success and the ability to beat the #1 team in the nation are 2 different things.... does Texas beat Ohio State or USC with Colt McCoy at QB last year? No chance in hell... The texas offense WAS Vince Young......

The question is, who will outscore who...texas D lost Wright, Huff, Griffin in the draft, and now there new starting CB..... so they've lost 4 players on D, an OL, and THE ONLY REASON they won there only big games last year...... Think about it.
the texas offense was a simple 1-read option that any QB with ANY mobility could've done great in.

Texas wins. Their defense is better than Ohio State's, and they have plenty of playmakers on offense to control the clock. I still think it will be close though. Maybe 30-27.:wink:

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Texas wins. Their defense is better than Ohio State's, and they have plenty of playmakers on offense to control the clock. I still think it will be close though. Maybe 30-27.:wink:

They have Sweed and Young.... Sweed will be an afterthought because McCoy will be spending the afternoon on his ***.....

If Texas only scores 30 this game will be a blowout for OSU

Whitner20 said:
They have Sweed and Young.... Sweed will be an afterthought because McCoy will be spending the afternoon on his ***.....

If Texas only scores 30 it'll be a blowout? How many points do you think OSU will score, 65? I think OSU has a better chance of winning if it's a lower scoring game (Meaning Texas scores less then 30).

Whitner20 said:

your insane. texas has a good defense...there is no way OSU puts up 60

if OSU's defense can't stop garrett wolfe from gaining close to 300 yards....how can they stop texas?

and :rofl: @ the thought of OSU putting up 60 on texas.

Whitner20 said:
Success and the ability to beat the #1 team in the nation are 2 different things.... does Texas beat Ohio State or USC with Colt McCoy at QB last year? No chance in hell... The texas offense WAS Vince Young......

The question is, who will outscore who...texas D lost Wright, Huff, Griffin in the draft, and now there new starting CB..... so they've lost 4 players on D, an OL, and THE ONLY REASON they won there only big games last year...... Think about it.

I'm pulling for OSU dude, but there's no way you can say Vince was the only reason they won those games. That defense was the best in the nation and made the plays that counted. Vince happened to make the final plays at the ends of the game, but you can't dictate it like that -- if that defense was another D, perhaps they would've given up 60 in the first quarter and Vince would've been a non-event.

Whitner20 said:
The Buckeyes were the better team last year, and are still the better team this year.....

Whats harder on a team?

9 defensive starters or losing Vince Young?

Vince Young single handidly won Texas there two hardest games last year..... and he's gone.....

Ohio State wins last year if Troy Smith plays the whole game...but coach Tress had to send a message.......

This year the Buckeyes win going away...

Because Smith could have prevented that last minute TD drive and all

Wombat said:
I'm going with Ohio st. on this one.

I'm so :fire: I can't see it this Saturday.

That sucks. I'll tell you how much OSU wins by.

As long as a TE doesnt drop a ball in the endzone that would LOCK the game w/3min left in the 4th..we should be alright.

Our Defense is suspect but our offense looks like it can score at will..not 60 of course but how bout...............OSU 41 Texas 27

..by the wa you can only run the ball late in the game IF yor close...I think OSU scores enough to make Texas 1 dimensional and pulls away late.

Wolfe was the best RB tOSU has on thier schedule...dont buy into the whorn fans who say Jamaal Charles is better that Wolfe or Adrian Peterson...he is a fumble machine..runing game should be easy to stop

Passing game is different...Great O-line...great core of recievers...freshman QB...if tOSU's d-line hassels McCoy enough and scares him silly he should be easy to stop.

tOSU wins easy and coasts until the meet Oklahoma in Arizona :D

Back
Top Bottom