Ot: The Canes Are Back..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ot: The Canes Are Back.....

every other top rank teams 1st two games were cup cakes... we played 19,15 and we got another two top rank teams ahead ...canes earn a nice spot right now

I think Florida is going to roll LSU....

John Chavous is running a very vanilla defense.....Sarkisian exposed that "Cover 2" on opening weekend.....did you see all those yards Washington racked up against them both on the ground and in the air? lol

Matt Barkley is going to be great....hell I already knew that....but I don't think USC can win it all with a freshman quarterback....nobody can...

In fact....I wouldn't be surprised if Washington beat them...

Miami should probably come out somewhere around #15 depending on what happens Saturday....

I think the Oklahoma game will give a more accurate assessment of Miami....I'd like to see them against a ranked team that's non-ACC...

I don't see us being ranked any higher than #13 (my guess is #14) barring any major upsets on Sat. Maybe we could have squeaked into the top 10 but Shannon has a lot more class than some other coaches out there and choose not to run up the score against GT, like you'll see from a certain Urban Meyer Wiener, just to belittle a team and stroke his ego.

i also saw that and gave him props for kickin the field goal, i like how they replied that hit over and over on the big screen though that was kind of funny

Beating 2 ranked teams to start the season is a pretty impressive start. Reserve Judgement??? All the excuses have been flowing in like crazy.....oh Florida State's defense is not that good, GA Tech will be a real test. Oh wait, GA tech is overrated too, the real test will be Oklahoma. Let's just say the Canes can somehow beat Oklahoma....what's the excuse then, uhhhhhh Bradford was banged up. Give me a break, as much as the rest of college football fans hate to admit it, Miami is on the rise!!!

Best way for UM to get to the BCS Title game:

Go Undefeated
USC beating Cal, but losing to Notre Dame
Ohio State running the table the rest of the way (beating Penn State and Michigan)
Oklahoma beating Texas
The SEC will knock out each other . . . meaning UF will face the Ole Miss/LSU/Bama West champ.
FSU beating BYU this weekend.

End of the year ranking before Bowl season:

1. Florida (SEC champ)
2. Miami (FL) (ACC champ)
3. Ohio State (Big 10 champ)
4. Boise State
5. Alabama
6. USC (Pac 10 champ)
7. Texas
8. Penn State
9. Oklahoma (Big 12 champ)
10. Ole Miss

Orange Bowl: Cincinnati vs. Texas
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. Boise State
Rose Bowl: Ohio State vs. USC
Sugar Bowl: Alabama vs. Penn State
BCS Title Game: Florida vs. Miami

Beating 2 ranked teams to start the season is a pretty impressive start. Reserve Judgement??? All the excuses have been flowing in like crazy.....oh Florida State's defense is not that good, GA Tech will be a real test. Oh wait, GA tech is overrated too, the real test will be Oklahoma. Let's just say the Canes can somehow beat Oklahoma....what's the excuse then, uhhhhhh Bradford was banged up. Give me a break, as much as the rest of college football fans hate to admit it, Miami is on the rise!!!

That's the point....you have to prove yourself every week....

Ask Oklahoma...Oklahoma St...Ohio St...

FSU and GT might not even be ranked by seasons end.....it happens....

You don't get the chance to prove yourself every week playing an ACC schedule....

You think Miami would have WR's running wide open all over the field and a quarterback sitting back there under no pressure against one of these SEC defenses? lol

I thought Miami would've learned that in 1992....ask Lamar Thomas...:lol:

Miami is on the rise...and it's great for college football....but I wouldn't get too ****y yet...

Hell...if I was Randy Shannon...I'd just be happy about winning two games in a row....ranked teams or not...

Hey..Ted...
I sure feel old ,seeing how old and fat, Gino looked on the sidelines.
He's still trying to figure those coverages Bama threw at him in 92.

Tell me about it....lol

It was good to see Gino...

...almost didn't recognize him though....

I don't know if it was because of the weight or because I wasn't used to seeing him without Curry and Copeland all over him...lol

??? :crazy: Uh, yeah they were were ranked teams (18 & 14, respectively) & GT was 2-0 so how did they just happen to win thier first when they won the 1st and 2nd. Also Shannon knows how good his team is.

That's why we speak in present rather than past tense.

That's why we speak in present rather than past tense.

You can't beat a ranked team early in the season and STILL expect them to be ranked, especially if you're unranked.

I think the spin on this has been incredible. We're expected to be 0-4, but then when we beat the first two teams, they were overrated. If FSU beats BYU this weekend, expect us to be somewhere near the top 10, a ranking we would clearly deserve. Va Tech will be tough, but if we can get past them, it's going to set up a huge matchup against Oklahoma. I really don't see how we couldn't be ranked in the top 5 if we went 4-0 to start this season.

I think the Bama fans need to get a room......

Please explain...
I'm a Bama grad and love SEC football.
the Canes are my second favorite college team (remember a Bama
man built the canes football program)
Been a Dolphins fan since 1970.
My room is wherever good fans talk about football.

Back
Top Bottom