Ot: The Canes Are Back..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ot: The Canes Are Back.....

You don't get the chance to prove yourself every week playing an ACC schedule....

Give it up. I'll give it to the SEC that they have 2 great teams in F******, Bama, and 2 very good teams in LSU and Miss, but the rest of your conference is average just like every other.

You think Miami would have WR's running wide open all over the field and a quarterback sitting back there under no pressure against one of these SEC defenses? lol

The U wouldn't have a problem with any of your SEC defenses other than the four mentioned above and even with those four we'd still put up an impressive fight.

Give it up. I'll give it to the SEC that they have 2 great teams in F******, Bama, and 2 very good teams in LSU and Miss, but the rest of your conference is average just like every other.

The U wouldn't have a problem with any of your SEC defenses other than the four mentioned above and even with those four we'd still put up an impressive fight.

Honestly....I don't think Jacory Harris (and I really like this kid) would see the 4th quarter against Bama's defense....

Tyrod Taylor was lucky he was able to finish the game....and halfway through the 4th you could look at his face and tell he'd had enough....

But...we're dealing with hypotheticals here...

The facts are a 1-AA (JSU) withOUT it's starting quarterback was still able to rack up almost 300 yards and 17 points against GT's defense...

And had the lead on FSU going into the 4th quarter the very next week....they held FSU's to to 15 less points than Miami could...

GT's defense let Clemson come back and score 24 straight points...

They're just not a good measuring stick for an offense...

Miami's biggest test so far will come in Blacksburg....and I hope they win and cruise to the Coastal crown...

Maybe the ACC just struggles with 1-AA teams...:lol:...who knows...

But I'd still like to see them tested against a legitimate team.....one that's not in the ACC....and we'll get to see that the following week against Oklahoma....

Miami has a GREAT chance to prove themselves....

Please explain...
I'm a Bama grad and love SEC football.
the Canes are my second favorite college team (remember a Bama
man built the canes football program)
Been a Dolphins fan since 1970.
My room is wherever good fans talk about football.

Dude, I'm just busting balls..........honestly everytime I hear the name George Teague it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.....or Copeland. Yikes!

Honestly....I don't think Jacory Harris (and I really like this kid) would see the 4th quarter against Bama's defense....

Tyrod Taylor was lucky he was able to finish the game....and halfway through the 4th you could look at his face and tell he'd had enough....

But...we're dealing with hypotheticals here...

The facts are a 1-AA (JSU) withOUT it's starting quarterback was still able to rack up almost 300 yards and 17 points against GT's defense...

And had the lead on FSU going into the 4th quarter the very next week....they held FSU's to to 15 less points than Miami could...

GT's defense let Clemson come back and score 24 straight points...

They're just not a good measuring stick for an offense...

Miami's biggest test so far will come in Blacksburg....and I hope they win and cruise to the Coastal crown...

Maybe the ACC just struggles with 1-AA teams...:lol:...who knows...

But I'd still like to see them tested against a legitimate team.....one that's not in the ACC....and we'll get to see that the following week against Oklahoma....

Miami has a GREAT chance to prove themselves....

I mean Canes fans are ecstatic, and with great reason. It is not even the overall record IMO . . . its the damn offense. We have NOT seen an offense this good since the Ken Dorsey days (and the UF and Louiville games . . . with the infamous Brock Berlin come backs). That has been the key this whole time . . . honestly, maybe Kyle Wright would have been a better QB with Whipple . . . in fact I know he would of (obviously doesn't have the poise and presence of Jacory). You throw in the fact that the defense stepped up againt probably their biggest nemisis GT . . . and you see improvement in the 3 biggest areas . . . . offense, defense and coaching. That cannot be ignored. Miami has been so efficient on offense, that it gives hope for many fans.

With that being said . . . this 4 game stretch was a moment of truth, and FULL judgement should be resevered until after the Oklahoma game. Canes have a TUFF task next Saturday. Blacksburg can be VERY intimidating, and these guys are young as hell still. Before the season I had Miami starting 2-0, and then losing the next 2 . . . obviously that was before I seen how solid they are on offense, and I think we can now win both of these games, with a poised Jacory Harris leading the team and a MUCH improved offensive line. Obviously Oklahoma may or may not be with Bradford, but they still have TONS of talent, like they almost always do.

You are right . . . the Canes have a GREAT chance to prove themselves over the next 2 weeks . . . prove if they are BCS title contenders, Orange bowl contenders or just ACC title contenders . . . but one thing is clear . . . the days of being unranked and battling close games with Duke are over IMO. We are clear ACC front runners (whatever that means to people that are skeptical) and that is a GIANT step from years past. Obviously if we lost to Va Tech, Va Tech would need to lose twice for us to win that division (obviously there are circumstances where a 1 loss Va Tech team in confernece could get us in if we lost Saturday), but regardless, this is an improving "U" team . . . and the WHOLE nation has been put on notice the first 2 games under the spotlight.

Dude, I'm just busting balls..........honestly everytime I hear the name George Teague it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.....or Copeland. Yikes!

No problem,bro...

Please explain...
I'm a Bama grad and love SEC football.
the Canes are my second favorite college team (remember a Bama
man built the canes football program)
Been a Dolphins fan since 1970.
My room is wherever good fans talk about football.

What was Lou Saban's relationship to Bama?

Or are you talking about Schnellenberger, because he was the Bama OC for 4 years, about 20 years before arriving in Miami? He spent more time with the Dolphins than the Tide. And if anything, he'd be more of a Kentucky guy than a Bama guy.

He was one of Bear's best friends..He recruited Joe Namath to Bama.
When Bear Bryant turned the Miami Dolphins job down,he introduced
Howard to Joe Robbie who in turn introduced him to Shula.

Believe me . Having meet and talked with Howard MANY times..
He is a BEAR guy...and Bama man.
Yes I'm that old..

I have a hard time understanding how a guy could spend most of his life in Kentucky, go to Alabama for five years, go to South Florida, come back to Kentucky, and then go back to South Florida, while still considering himself an Alabama man. Must be a miserable guy considering he's spent an overwhelming majority of his life away from his 'home'.

All of this considering that Schnellenberger wasn't even the guy who built the Hurricanes.

I have a hard time understanding how a guy could spend most of his life in Kentucky, go to Alabama for five years, go to South Florida, come back to Kentucky, and then go back to South Florida, while still considering himself an Alabama man. Must be a miserable guy considering he's spent an overwhelming majority of his life away from his 'home'.

All of this considering that Schnellenberger wasn't even the guy who built the Hurricanes.

So

So obviously you're full of it. I don't care if you talked to God, it's obvious he doesn't consider himself an Alabama man if he's had numerous opportunities to return and continually keeps going to the same 2 locations (Kentucky and South Florida).

And again, he didn't build the University of Miami football program, SOOOO stop saying it.

Schnellenberger did originate the whole "State of Miami". He got alot of talent and set up most of the great runs through the early-to-mid-1980s.

Saban got there and did get Jim Kelly...and did save the program from the chopping block, but I don't think you can really ignore what Schnellenberger did. So while Saban did save it from the chopping block, I think Schnellenberger was the real architect.

So obviously you're full of it. I don't care if you talked to God, it's obvious he doesn't consider himself an Alabama man if he's had numerous opportunities to return and continually keeps going to the same 2 locations (Kentucky and South Florida).

And again, he didn't build the University of Miami football program, SOOOO stop saying it.

Listen to your fellow cane fans.
Howard won three titles as OC at Bama.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schnellenberger did originate the whole "State of Miami". He got alot of talent and set up most of the great runs through the early-to-mid-1980s.

Saban got there and did get Jim Kelly...and did save the program from the chopping block, but I don't think you can really ignore what Schnellenberger did. So while Saban did save it from the chopping block, I think Schnellenberger was the real architect.

I'm not ignoring what Schnellengberger did, he was extremely instrumental in the foundation of the Canes. But if I'd have to pick the one guy that got this program rolling, I'd pick Saban. He got Jim Kelly and got the program to be relevant to where guys wanted to come to Miami. I don't think many Canes fans would disagree with that.

Listen to your fellow cane fans.
Howard won three titles as OC at Bama.

I saw the rest of what you wrote - unfortunately you feel that I'm acting like a child, yet you respond to an entire post by saying "so". Right........

What's even more unfortunate is how we can't have a civil conversation about it. :rolleyes2: Oh well....

Back
Top Bottom