Our competition has DRASTICALLY fallen. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our competition has DRASTICALLY fallen.

PhinsOwnU

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just read a thread where a guy states that our competition is DRASTICALLY improved. He's WRONG.

Jets are WORSE - We'll start with their QB situation. I don't care what the columnist are writing. Penny WON'T be ready this year. Even if he does play he will be ineffective in Heimerdinger's offense which utilizes DEEP passing. We all know Fiedler can't go deep.

They lost Ferguson at DT which will HURT their run defense and their secondary is garbage.

They lost McKenzie at RT and Bect at TE which will cripple their running game. Martin is/will be 32 this year and they lost their stud backup in Jordan.

The Jets benefitted from a pathetically WEAK schedule last year. I doubt they win more than 6 games this year.

New England is WORSE - "Probably" still the best team in our division but they lost ALOT this offseason.

I'll start with the Coordinators. Crennel has been replaced but his absense will be felt. Mangini is a secondary guru and Crennel was the front 7 guru. Weis will be sorely missed and the Pats did not replace him at all. I'm glad Bill will be calling the plays and i'm hoping it turns out the same way it did in Cleveland when he tried taking on the OC duties.

On defense they lost Bruschi, Johnson, Phifer and Law. That's ALOT of veteran leadership right their guys. Bruschi is irreplaceable and their LB corp will suffer.

On Offense the only major losses are Weis and Andruzzi. Talent wise they are arguable better, but without a REAL OC we'll find out in a few weeks if the offense sputters at all.

The Bills are WORSE - JP losman at QB, Lost Jennings and Henry. Nuff said on O. The Defense will certaintly miss the absence of Pat Williams.

Overall they didn't take as much of a step back as our other opponents provided Losman doesn't suck. If Losman sucks they are going to finish with a losing record.

PREDICTIONS

10 wins takes the division. I don't see ANY team in our division with more than ten. The AFC East faces the toughest schedule in the NFL.

Jets finish with the worst record - 5 or 6 wins
Bills finish with 7-9 wins
Phins finish with 7-9 wins
Pats finish with 8-10 wins

We are definitely in it this year. If we catch a few breaks it's not unreasonable to think we can take the division THIS year.

we aren't going to miss pat very much, if at all...

We have two guys who are more than ready to be the fat guy in the middle, one is better at run one at pass, we won't miss a beat on D... plus we should have Vincent and Milloy for the whole seaosn instead of just half, and Mcgee has a year under his belt as a starter and was playing solid ball at the end of last season.

The Fins won't score more than 25 points on us all season (both games)

PhinsOwnU said:
PREDICTIONS

10 wins takes the division. I don't see ANY team in our division with more than ten. The AFC East faces the toughest schedule in the NFL.

We are definitely in it this year. If we catch a few breaks it's not unreasonable to think we can take the division THIS year.

Even if you're right that the division as a whole has gotten worse (and I think there's some merit to that), it's still probably the best division in the NFL. There's no way anyone wins this division with less than 11 wins, and it will probably take 12 or 13. In fact, I think the last place team in the East will be 8-8, and will be no worse than 7-9.

Sure thats a lot of leadership, but remember, the Pats always have depth. Just because they will have some no names fill in for those spots does not mean they have drastically fallen. Look at their injury history...they always have people to step in whenever someone is out.

The Bills will not suck dude. I don't know where this comes from. So what they lost Henry.

People get into counting other teams' losses and automatically equate that to their decline. Well if they lost someone, hopefully that team prepared for that loss. What you need to do is look at the replacements and follow his progress.
There is no reason why guys who are chomping at the bit to start can't go in there and fill a spot with hardly any dropoff....isn't that always the goal??

I saw it coming. We're the only team that improved. The other three dropped off. We won't be in the cellar this year - The Jets will and we could very well be ahead of the Bills if Losman falls on his face.

I agree with you that they have all taken a step backwards but the Bills I dont think have fallen off. I guess it all rides on Losman but lets face it. It wasnt like Bledsoe was helping their cause last year. Henry is a wash just because McGahee is playing anyways.

Patriots are by far the most hurt but they just always seem to keep ticking. I just cant wait to see if it was Bellichek or his co-ordinators that were the success of that system. Bruschi imo wont be missed that much. Any one can blow big plays while trying to strip the ball and be an *******.

PhinsOwnU said:
I saw it coming. We're the only team that improved. The other three dropped off. We won't be in the cellar this year - The Jets will and we could very well be ahead of the Bills if Losman falls on his face.

Well when your team sucks so bad last year the only place you can go is up. So of course the dolphins improved, improved enough to compete with the rest of the teams in the AFC East remains to be seen.

SCall13 said:
He isn't far off. The Dolphins' chances of winning the division are just as great as your beloved Bills.
His reasoning behind his statements are NOT well thought out.

PhinsOwnU said:
I just read a thread where a guy states that our competition is DRASTICALLY improved. He's WRONG.

Jets are WORSE - We'll start with their QB situation. I don't care what the columnist are writing. Penny WON'T be ready this year. Even if he does play he will be ineffective in Heimerdinger's offense which utilizes DEEP passing. We all know Fiedler can't go deep.

They lost Ferguson at DT which will HURT their run defense and their secondary is garbage.

They lost McKenzie at RT and Bect at TE which will cripple their running game. Martin is/will be 32 this year and they lost their stud backup in Jordan.

The Jets benefitted from a pathetically WEAK schedule last year. I doubt they win more than 6 games this year.

New England is WORSE - "Probably" still the best team in our division but they lost ALOT this offseason.

I'll start with the Coordinators. Crennel has been replaced but his absense will be felt. Mangini is a secondary guru and Crennel was the front 7 guru. Weis will be sorely missed and the Pats did not replace him at all. I'm glad Bill will be calling the plays and i'm hoping it turns out the same way it did in Cleveland when he tried taking on the OC duties.

On defense they lost Bruschi, Johnson, Phifer and Law. That's ALOT of veteran leadership right their guys. Bruschi is irreplaceable and their LB corp will suffer.

On Offense the only major losses are Weis and Andruzzi. Talent wise they are arguable better, but without a REAL OC we'll find out in a few weeks if the offense sputters at all.

The Bills are WORSE - JP losman at QB, Lost Jennings and Henry. Nuff said on O. The Defense will certaintly miss the absence of Pat Williams.

Overall they didn't take as much of a step back as our other opponents provided Losman doesn't suck. If Losman sucks they are going to finish with a losing record.

PREDICTIONS

Even if this was right (which it isn't) the fins are still in the same situation they were last year:

- Untested at RB (please dont tell me Ricky is going to come back and be what he was.....)
- Unknown at QB
- O Line in shambles
- And the thing that has always been a positive on the team..the defense...is starting to get VERY long in the tooth

PhinsOwnU said:

We do have 2 QB's who have started you know......

Justasportsfan said:
His reasoning behind his statements are well thought out.

Try and provide an arguement pal. Your one liners aren't contributing anything to thread.

PhinsOwnU said:
Try and provide an arguement pal. Your one liners aren't contributing anything to thread.
What has JP done or not done to make you say we are weaker at the QB position?

What do you know about Ron Edwards?

Henry? Please explain how we're weaker by losing our back-up.

Back
Top Bottom